Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,149 members, 7,860,119 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority (1815 Views)

Ibos Are The Problem Of Nigeria Politics / "Ibos Are Not United": The Strange Yoruba Response To Leader's Daughter Killing / NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Penguin2: 11:52pm On Jun 28, 2023
grandstar:

The Ebonyi people are the simplest of Igbos. They are like other tribes. They are unique in that way and I am proud of that.

If you don't like them, then it's best they cut you off like the Ikwerres, the Opobos, the Delta Igbo have done. Those Igbos would rather perish than accept they are Igbo. You know I am saying the truth.

Those "igbos" claim they are descendants of the Benin empire. Since the Ebonyi people are of Benue and Cross River descent, perhaps it's time they showed you the door.

"He who thinks he is something when he is nothing is deceiving himself" as the apostle Paul said.

This Igbo pride by some here is fuelling the tribal wars on Nairaland. If you could tear down your own tribe, non-Igbos are therefore game. I hate chestbeating.
So you can’t see the idiot is not Igbo?

You are letting commissioned agents who want to divide Igbos deceive you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Igboid: 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Abagworo:
You are so so wrong on your assumptions. Ebonyi was once part of Imo and Abia States and have always been as Igbo as every Igbo in Nigeria. The first time I learnt of any form of detogatory term about Ebonyi was at Onitsha but never in Owerri, Aba or Umuahia. I think the Ebonyi issue has more to do with inclusion of old Abakaliki division in old Anambra State instead of Imo State or even Crossriver State of old. While the Afikpo division under Imo State felt at home with other Igbos of Aba, Umuahia and Owerri division, the Abakaliki division in Anambra were marginalized by old Onitsha, Awka and Enugu divisions.

Ogbonnaya Onu was from Ebonyi south that was part of old Abia and initially part of old Imo state.
Ogbonnaya Onu was a governor of old Abia State.
The whole talk of Igbos marginalizing Ebonyi is nonsense that Igbophobes like hearing.
Umahi was the governor of SE governors forum for years.
Akanu Ibiam who Enugu International airport was named after and who was the governor of old Eastern region was from Ebonyi state.
Anyim Pius Anyim who represented SE when SE rotated the Senate president between 1999 to 2007 is from Ebonyi state.
When it was Ebonyi turn to produce Ohaneze Ndiigbo president, Chief Enwo Igariwey represented Ebonyi as Ohaneze Ndiigbo president.
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by grandstar(m): 1:58am On Jun 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Then why are they discriminated by other Ibo people ?

It's because they are the least passionate to become wealthy. They live a simple life.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by nedu666: 4:27am On Jun 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
Do you know the meaning of Ebonyi and how it became to be known as the name of one of the five SE states ?

Let me educate you .

Ebonyi is from old Latin meaning Black wood. Its anglaziced version is Ebony which some misguided Africans have taken it up to mean black beauty .

The state Ebonyi is named after a river that criss-crosses the state and empties into the Cross River and then into the Niger Delta estuaries onto the Atlantic.

So who named the river in question "Ebonyi"which the state derives its name from?

Well it so happened to be Jewish slavers who used the Ebonyi river to navigate from the coast deep into Ibo land from where they dealt directly with the Aro Slavers that terrorised the breadth and lenght of Ibo land. Using the river to get to their fellow Ibo slavers thus bypassing the middlemen at the coast who charged more than treble the cost of one Ibo slave.

The name Ebonyi was chosen for this route by Jewish slavers in mockery of their intended cargo - black wood.

But what has black wood got to do with Slave trade ?

Because the Jews treated their Ibo slave cargo as nothing but mere logs of wood - stacked upon each other and by the sides.

It is for this bitter reason the Ebonyi Ibo who were never Ibo but a combination of modern day Benue and Cross River tribes were preyed upon by the savage Ibo that surrounded them and why till this day the majority of Ibos do not consider them as bonafide Ibos.

Joblessness at its peak. Only u operating so many usernames to promote anti lgbo topics. To the extent that you are even replying urself and giving yourself likes. When i tell people here, u are insane they think it's a joke. The op and Babaramota1980 are the same. Read down u will see him quoting and replying himself. The op is same loser as Nuclear winter
Bigbabyjesus
Apcharam
Igbosmustdie
Fuckosulgbos
Godhatesjews
Godhateslgbos
Azikfest
Chiefjusfuc
Ggybto
Oducharger
Magicbishop

All these username and many more are dedicated to displaying his obsession with lgbos. Even to extent of quoting and replying himself on threads when the loser feel he is being ignored. What a useless life
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by gidgiddy: 6:04am On Jun 29, 2023
Igboid:

Ogbonnaya Onu was from Ebonyi south that was part of old Abia and initially part of old Imo state.
Ogbonnaya Onu was a governor of old Abia State.
The whole talk of Igbos marginalizing Ebonyi is nonsense that Igbophobes like hearing.
Umahi was the governor of SE governors forum for years.
Akanu Ibiam who Enugu International airport was named after and who was the governor of old Eastern region was from Ebonyi state.
Anyim Pius Anyim who represented SE when SE rotated the Senate president between 1999 to 2007 is from Ebonyi state.
When it was Ebonyi turn to produce Ohaneze Ndiigbo president, Chief Enwo Igariwey represented Ebonyi as Ohaneze Ndiigbo president.

Forget these children of hate who are still running with the idiotic age old false narrative that any Igbo discriminates against another. Igbos that dont even like it when Ika or Ikwerre deny being Igbo? They create stupid threads like this just to talk trash

2 Likes

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by SEO2002: 6:15am On Jun 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

The truth must prevail and the Ebonyi Ibo must know he was and still is not an Ibo but an assimilated and conquered non Ibo tribe.
go and ask ur use. Less mother who ur real mother is. U just wake up and spill trash. U aren't normal. C0cksucker
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by AuschwitzPrefec: 11:33am On Jun 29, 2023
gidgiddy:

Forget these children of hate who are still running with the idiotic age old false narrative that any Igbo discriminates against another. Igbos that dont even like it when Ika or Ikwerre deny being Igbo? They create stupid threads like this just to talk trash

Story .

So Umahi was spreading propaganda when he lamented on the systematic discrimination Ebonyi Ibos face among the larger Ibo population.

What I have found out about you guys is how you blatantly lie even when confronted with the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by AuschwitzPrefec: 11:34am On Jun 29, 2023
SEO2002:
go and ask ur use. Less mother who ur real mother is. U just wake up and spill trash. U aren't normal. C0cksucker

Coming from a baby factory reject, that is very classy from you.

1 Like

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by delpee(f): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Rather strange! There's no need for this at all. Ebonyi was carved out from the old SE region. Okuns in Kwara and Kogi are still regarded as Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
I am sure you got this your junk history from your anus!

Anu mpama!
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Creativity22: 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Danisaint112:

Like seriously dude. A non Igbo man trying to give us Igbo history and past way of life.

You see this una cheap propaganda eh! E go fail. Damn tribal bigots.
He is only trying to incite hate between ebonyi indigenes and other igbos from other states
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Switruth: 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
Do you know the meaning of Ebonyi and how it became to be known as the name of one of the five SE states ?

Let me educate you .

Ebonyi is from old Latin meaning Black wood. Its anglaziced version is Ebony which some misguided Africans have taken it up to mean black beauty .

The state Ebonyi is named after a river that criss-crosses the state and empties into the Cross River and then into the Niger Delta estuaries onto the Atlantic.

So who named the river in question "Ebonyi"which the state derives its name from?

Well it so happened to be Jewish slavers who used the Ebonyi river to navigate from the coast deep into Ibo land from where they dealt directly with the Aro Slavers that terrorised the breadth and lenght of Ibo land. Using the river to get to their fellow Ibo slavers thus bypassing the middlemen at the coast who charged more than treble the cost of one Ibo slave.

The name Ebonyi was chosen for this route by Jewish slavers in mockery of their intended cargo - black wood.

Because the Jews treated their Ibo slave cargo as nothing but mere logs of wood - stacked upon each other and by the sides.

It is for this bitter reason the Ebonyi Ibo who were never Ibo but a combination of modern day Benue and Cross River tribes were preyed upon by the savage Ibo that surrounded them and why till this day the majority of Ibos do not consider them as bonafide Ibos.
Ypu keep fooling yourself. It’s not Ibos it’s igbos. Leave them alone.
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Danisaint112(m): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Creativity22:

He is only trying to incite hate between ebonyi indigenes and other igbos from other states

The statement was clear. Thr post got no meaning and was totally unnecessary so it's very clear he is a tribal bigot to to instigate tribal division.
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Danisaint112(m): 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
Creativity22:

The statement was clear. The post got no meaning and was totally unnecessary so it's very clear he is a tribal bigot to to instigate tribal division.
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by AyakaDunukofia: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
I don't know why reasonable Igbos are easily lured to threads/traps as this one, just to start a conversation on a non issue. Same way they lured you to discuss Ikechukwu Ogalla, Chief of Naval Staff.

The more you contribute and explain in a thread like this the more your detractors laugh and validate the imaginary division in Igboland.

Ignore this sort of thread and they'll stop opening it, please.
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Typing: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
BabaRamota1980:
Ebonyi is Igala land, just happens to be in SE.

Anambra and half of Enugu are all IGALA ancestral Land too. When Biafra come, the North will take back Igala land from Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Typing: 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
SEO2002:

See painment grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by AuschwitzPrefec: 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
Danisaint112:

The statement was clear. Thr post got no meaning and was totally unnecessary so it's very clear he is a tribal bigot to to instigate tribal division.
schooling you on your real history and you are talking trash.

No be me make una sell una selves.
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by AuschwitzPrefec: 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Creativity22:

Since you know stories that happened before your unfortunate birth. Can you also tell us how your ogogoro drinking father also rapped his mother, to birth a hate filled, worthless idiot like you ?

My Ogogoro sipping ancestors no chop human flesh.
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Fortruth: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
Danisaint112:

OP so what are you trying to achieve with this thread? Create tribal division or what?

Please don't come creating more tribal division for us. Our brother and sisters we lost to Rivers State due to rubbish propaganda like this peddled by Gowon and his blood bathing aides during the civil war is enough for us.

Wether half or fully Igbos Ebonyi people are Igbos. They agreed the are igbos and we Igbos from other state know they are igbos and love them as our own. So rest. Or you do something meaningful with your time. Thank you.

They.. the OP folks, used to have a monopoly on propaganda and deceit…. But in 2023 they ain’t fooling anybody. The Op should have spent their time doing some much needed PR for BALABULLU… and not trying to create a fictional account of Igbo people.

The OP should note that the British created two Nigger Areas- one North the other South, with different flags and administrators- thus, two nations….. before joining them and giving them a single Coat of Arms and all…

So the fact that the OP refers to himself as a Nigerian means he is still a slave and using a derogatory racist word….

Let him ponder on that

1 Like

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by AuschwitzPrefec: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2023
Penguin2:

So you can’t see the idiot is not Igbo?

You are letting commissioned agents who want to divide Igbos deceive you?
Where was the lie in what I wrote ?

Don't you guys consider Ebonyi people as either inferior ibos or not ibos ?

I just found out your problems and it is your refusal to accept the truth and this has led to your denials and victimhood status.

I wrote here long ago when I was still supporting Biafra , that the only way you ibos can get Biafra is when you apologise to the SS people for all the atrocities you committed on them.

But you guys refuse to acknowledge your wrongs but rather blame everyone for your defeat where you were the evil ones coveting power and land that does not belong to you
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Fortruth: 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Where was the lie in what I wrote ?

Don't you guys consider Ebonyi people as either inferior ibos or not ibos ?

I just found out your problems and it is your refusal to accept the truth and this has led to your denials and victimhood status.

I wrote here long ago when I was still supporting Biafra , that the only way you ibos can get Biafra is when you apologise to the SS people for all the atrocities you committed on them.

But you guys refuse to acknowledge your wrongs but rather blame everyone for your defeat where you were the evil ones coveting power and land that does not belong to you

What atrocities? Oh the atrocity of accepting Frank Opigo- an Ijaw to name or rename their nation Biafra? The atrocity of appointing Generals from “South South” like Archibong, Nsudoh, Effiong, Achuzie and prominent civilians from “South South” into top positions in Biafra?

Oh it was the atrocities for naming Provisional governors/admins from “minority” areas to lead minority areas abi? Or station soldiers to defend minority areas from the likes of Buhari and Abacha that would loot all their money in petroleum trust funds abi or hang their leaders like Sawa Wiwa, or kill their Boys like Boro although he wore Naija for life uniform….. or level their towns like Odi….or deal away their land like Bakassi….or pollute their ancestral farmlands with stolen oil spills….?

You deceiving son of a bycth.. you cant deceive us in 2023…. No be 1967 again….with fake news unknown to folks then….
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Creativity22: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

My Ogogoro sipping ancestors no chop human flesh.

But they told you how you were conceived ?
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by AuschwitzPrefec: 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
Creativity22:

But they told you how you were conceived ?

At least I no be baby factory product .
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Fortruth: 8:54pm On Jun 29, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ijA3fcc7B0

The Easterners have always been one, along with Midwest and Middle Belt…aka Idoma, Igala dem… These are the areas that voted for progress in the last election alongside progressive Yoruba…..

No Core Northern state did… no Tribalist Yoruba areas did, and of course SABOS like Wike, Akpabio, dem spoiled the hope of their people and betrayed them like Amaechi, Okorocha dem betrayed Good Luck…
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by AuschwitzPrefec: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
Fortruth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ijA3fcc7B0

The Easterners have always been one, along with Midwest and Middle Belt…aka Idoma, Igala dem… These are the areas that voted for progress in the last election alongside progressive Yoruba…..

No Core Northern state did… no Tribalist Yoruba areas did, and of course SABOS like Wike, Akpabio, dem spoiled the hope of their people and betrayed them like Amaechi, Okorocha dem betrayed Good Luck…

Decieve yourself
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by profacid(m): 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
I just remembered too that people of IMO state are not real Igbos, my history told me they migrated From Ogbomosho, please check ur history

1 Like

Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Danisaint112(m): 8:52am On Jun 30, 2023
Fortruth:

They.. the OP folks, used to have a monopoly on propaganda and deceit…. But in 2023 they ain’t fooling anybody. The Op should have spent their time doing some much needed PR for BALABULLU… and not trying to create a fictional account of Igbo people.

The OP should note that the British created two Nigger Areas- one North the other South, with different flags and administrators- thus, two nations….. before joining them and giving them a single Coat of Arms and all…

So the fact that the OP refers to himself as a Nigerian means he is still a slave and using a derogatory racist word….

Let him ponder on that

Seriously it baffles me how people waste away their precious time in spreading useless propaganda. Damn pathetic and ridiculous I must say.
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by Danisaint112(m): 8:53am On Jun 30, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
schooling you on your real history and you are talking trash.

No be me make una sell una selves.

Yorubas didn't sell themselves too abi? This middle finger is for you 🖕🖕🖕
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by OsunOriginal: 8:56am On Jun 30, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Let me educate you .

These clannish marauders again
Re: Why Ebonyi Ibos Are Not Considered Real Authentic Ibos By Ibo Majority by 9japride(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2023
Igbos should learn to ignore mischievous threads. Most people in our society are just evil and wicked entities. Very shallow set of things that can't come up with positive ideas but thrive in tribalistic posts. All negative topics towards Igbos are mostly out of envy and bitterness. People who can happily vote in misfits and evil politicians shouldn't be taken seriously.
Nigeria is in its present state because there are large numbers of wicked and evil minded fellows who just promote archaic reasoning and bitterness. I just hope the society grows intellectually so as to reduce the number of archaic individuals polluting the society.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING : President Bola Tinubu Meets With Julius Rone, Others In Aso Rock / Anambra President General Murdered By His Ebonyi State Tenant / Is Mrs Ufot Ekaette Chasing Shadows?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.