Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 (1301 Views)

2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / Between Mercedes Benz GL450 2008 And Honda Accord Crosstour 2013 / Between Mercedes C180 And Toyota Camry 1999(tiny And Big Light) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2023
Kindly recommend between these two brands.
I'm torn between these two cars and I will like opinions from those who have used or had experience with these cars.

The car will be used majorly for running around town with occasional trips .
I need something that is rugged, durable and can handle daily usage.

I want something mild on gas,( subsidy removal no be joke).

I have some worries about both cars and will want expert opinions about these issues.

The ground clearance for the MB ain't good enough but I love the handling of this brand.
For the honda, I'm worried about the front tyres popping off, coupled with transmission issues.
The honda has more spacious interior though.

Las las, which is easier to maintain?

Pls help with your knowledge.
Thanks!.

Cc: diportivo, gazzuzz, nurey, kingreign and other ogas here
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2023
Benz W203

1 Like

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2023
Honda accord

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by kingreign(m): 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2023
GorillaApp:
I'm torn between these two cars and I will like opinions from those who have used or had experience with these cars.

I have some worries about both cars and will want expert opinions about these issues.

The ground clearance for the MB ain't good enough but I love the handling of this brand.
For the honda, I'm worried about the front tyres popping off, coupled with transmission issues.

Thanks!.

Get the accord i4

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2023
kingreign:

Get the accord i4
Any special reason boss,?
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by kingreign(m): 9:49pm On Jun 28, 2023
GorillaApp:

Any special reason boss,?

Easier,more reliable, parts and technician are easily to come across, bigger interior.

8 Likes

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2023
kingreign:

Easier,more reliable, parts and technician are easily to come across, bigger interior.
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Pls kindly share your experiences
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Guess I will go ahead with what the brother up there recommended.

182 views and no comments. Shuo!
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by baba4thegehs: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
I currently use the Accord 2007, It's very reliable esp when you do regular maintenance.

Fuel economy is very decent compared to the Benz, a friend recently complained how his car suck fuel he use this same C class

I don't drive daily though, tires popped put just once and it was due to my own negligence as I already saw the signs.

Given the current economic realities I'd say go for the Honda accord, parts are cheap, decent on gas and also durable.

Makes sure you get a car with sound engine and have it checked a trusted mechanic, with regular maintenance you won't have any issues.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by sexyto(m): 9:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
Get the benz c180 it is economical and rugged, no leg pull anyhow. The kompressor is good too.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by RoadMozart(m): 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Honda is ok. Haven't driven it yet but I can attest to the benz.

If you maintain it well you'll not regret. C klasse is a No-nonsense car. Any small negligence like this, na to spend pass wetin you go use do Honda leg.
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 6:07am On Jun 30, 2023
baba4thegehs:
I currently use the Accord 2007, It's very reliable esp when you do regular maintenance.

Fuel economy is very decent compared to the Benz, a friend recently complained how his car suck fuel he use this same C class

I don't drive daily though, tires popped put just once and it was due to my own negligence as I already saw the signs.

Given the current economic realities I'd say go for the Honda accord, parts are cheap, decent on gas and also durable.

Makes sure you get a car with sound engine and have it checked a trusted mechanic, with regular maintenance you won't have any issues.

Ok. Thanks bro
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 6:08am On Jun 30, 2023
RoadMozart:
Honda is ok. Haven't driven it yet but I can attest to the benz.

If you maintain it well you'll not regret. C klasse is a No-nonsense car. Any small negligence like this, na to spend pass wetin you go use do Honda leg.
Appreciate bro
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by Oxef123(m): 6:41am On Jun 30, 2023
If you can go for the Honda
It’s more spacious and mechanics are easier to get parts are also available
Regarding the issue of front legs popping off if you maintain it well you won’t encounter anything like that
Maintenance is key

I can help you get one if you haven’t gotten yet
WhatsApp me your location and budget if you’re still interested
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by PattyMike(m): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2023
GorillaApp:
Benz W203

The W203 is the first car I used in my life. For reliability, you’ll mostly spend on electrical issues and it doesn’t have a good resale value mostly cus people tend to run from Benz. If I were to choose this or the Honda EOD I’ll pick the Benz. The best thing about the Benz was the handling, riding comfort and how it sits firm on the road, it’ll enter shallow gallop on top speed and won’t waver like uncle big daddy.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by PattyMike(m): 12:40am On Jul 03, 2023
baba4thegehs:

Strange cus my W203 then was a 4plug kompressor. Being a student in school back then, when sapa touch me I’d buy N500 fuel at 97 naira per litre😂. From off campus hostel to class was like 30 miles to and fro, the remaining fuel go carry me go class the next day and I go top am again. Did that for almost three weeks till I spoilt my injector lol, it wouldn’t go past 30mph 🤦🏾‍♂️. Between C230, C240 and this, I’d pick this. Tho I replaced alternator one time, big daddy alternator then was 8k, I bought this cars own for 37k as at then o🤦🏾‍♂️😂😂. Mercedessssiiiiiiii, just budget electrical part minor spending and take care of it shikena don’t be like me.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2023
PattyMike:

The W203 is the first car I used in my life. For reliability, you’ll mostly spend on electrical issues and it doesn’t have a good resale value mostly cus people tend to run from Benz. If I were to choose this or the Honda EOD I’ll pick the Benz. The best thing about the Benz was the handling, riding comfort and how it sits firm on the road, it’ll enter shallow gallop on top speed and won’t waver like uncle big daddy.
Thanks boss. How was parts and maintenance? Was it expenses,? You mentioned electrical issues, is it really a notable problem?
I know lots of folks have this cult-like following for Benz. Once you use it, you never go back.
I used the 190 for years and I can attest to the handling and balance

1 Like

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by PattyMike(m): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2023
GorillaApp:

Thanks boss. How was parts and maintenance? Was it expenses,? You mentioned electrical issues, is it really a notable problem?
I know lots of folks have this cult-like following for Benz. Once you use it, you never go back.
I used the 190 for years and I can attest to the handling and balance
Normally German cars have more expensive parts compared to Japanese cars, as long as u maintain properly u won’t have any serious expenses. But me I don’t know ur pocket, all I will say is for a hustling guy that just needs something for the road I wouldn’t advice Mercedes. because if e start, u will spend if u can’t afford to spend extensively u will want to manage, management is the worst thing u can do to a Mercedes.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 11:15am On Jul 03, 2023
PattyMike:

Normally German cars have more expensive parts compared to Japanese cars, as long as u maintain properly u won’t have any serious expenses. But me I don’t know ur pocket, all I will say is for a hustling guy that just needs something for the road I wouldn’t advice Mercedes. because if e start, u will spend if u can’t afford to spend extensively u will want to manage, management is the worst thing u can do to a Mercedes.
Enuf sense full this your message. Noted bro
I can't lie, I just kept remembering the sheer driving pleasure of a Mercedes Benz. But I will pass for now
Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by sexyto(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
GorillaApp:

Enuf sense full this your message. Noted bro
I can't lie, I just kept remembering the sheer driving pleasure of a Mercedes Benz. But I will pass for now
See the benz is not more expensive to fix than the Honda just do a price comparison of major parts like the engine, gearbox, ball joint etc you will see that the cost is relatively the same.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by AYOGHANDI: 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2023
Bro, flee from Mercedes Benz if your pockets are not deep. I have driven 4 models of Mercedes-Benz and i enjoyed all with the exception of W203 C180 (Not the Kompressor). In less than 3 years, i spent more than the cost of purchasing it on maintenance. Starting from the gear box, Air Conditioner issues, Electrical problems here and there. At a point, my wife asked me if i was sure that witches were not driving the car at night.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by Kingdemu: 9:25am On Jul 05, 2023
AYOGHANDI:
Bro, flee from Mercedes Benz if your pockets are not deep. I have driven 4 models of Mercedes-Benz and i enjoyed all with the exception of W203 C180 (Not the Kompressor). In less than 3 years, i spent more than the cost of purchasing it on maintenance. Starting from the gear box, Air Conditioner issues, Electrical problems here and there. At a point, my wife asked me if i was sure that witches were not driving the car at night.
You bought a lemon, son.

3 Likes

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by Manuella4ace: 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2023
GorillaApp:

Thanks!.

I don't like that year of accord, because of the legs, if you must drive a budget friendly honda, go for the 08 civic, if not take the Benz w203 with m111 engine 2.0l kompressor you will never regret it. Parts are cheap, but sometimes scarce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kindly Recommend Between Mercedes Benz C Class 2003-06 nd Honda Accord 2006/2007 by GorillaApp(m): 5:59am On Jul 06, 2023
AYOGHANDI:
Lol. Fear catch me
Ok. The problem was just with one of them?

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander 2001 V6 Model / What Do I Do About These Codes Of My 2004 Eod V6 / My Car Savor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.