Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen (24913 Views)

WHO Finally Declares Aspartame The Coke Sweetener As A Possible Carcinogen / These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ / Aspartame Sweetener In Coke To Be Declared Possible Cancer Risk By WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Wealthoptulent(m): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2023
Akoi coke
Avoid coke
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by lincsnuel: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not only used in diet coke. You are probably consuming something with aspartame now wink
Check my signature for free stuffs!

Something like Nutri Milk. Many Nigerians consume that drink and it's sweetener is Aspartame. I usually tell friends to avoid drinks that have that substance... In fact, most drinks that use Aspartame always give a warning that the drink contains phenylalanine which is an active ingredient in Aspartame

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Option504: 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
One thing must kill a man. We start dying the day we were born cry

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by almarthins(m): 4:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Pooldrowning:
Every people die slowly

No be only coke get am. Many drinks. Whether we want to agree or not. Death is the surest thing that this giant companies have ensured.

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by superCleanworks(m): 4:16pm On Jun 29, 2023
Pooldrowning:
Every people die slowly

actually very speedily when you compare the death rate now with the death rate of 400 years ago.
these days 70 years old is considered as old age and most young people don't expect to see 45.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by blowjohn(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
I knew and was even exposed to its side effects more than 15 years ago.

If u don't believe me, ask Nutri c.

Nobody drink am pass me back then.

Normal sugar is better than all these sweetners.

Very toxic thing if taken over a long time

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Oduok(m): 4:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
I do tell people it is better to consume sugars than "no sugar". The risk of sugar is diabetes and diabetes only come when you are either not having much physical activities or have the ADH imbalance. But risk of " no sugar" is cancer - a bigger evil.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Soulsymbol99: 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2023
Who no knw say coke na killer. People lived longer when all these fast foods and sweeteners were not produced
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Gaabasky: 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
It is highly possible considering the raise in incidence of colonic and ovarian cancer among the urban dwellers

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by zynzyn(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
Das why I have reduced my intake!
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by millionboi2: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2023
Inkling:

Medicine after death.

after thy don kill many ppl

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Moniya4Real(m): 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Except KPEKUS😂

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Na today
Abegi wetin for this life way nor dey harmful to man ?

Almost everything
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by ConfidentialDoc: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Aspartame has killed 10s of millions. They're now satisfied.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Divay22(f): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
Can't be more happier i don't drink coke again..
Infact, I don't do carbonated drinks anymore
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
grin grin grin

Wetin concern local man with sweetener

Our local Agbo all the ways.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Voiceofthestree: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
This Diet Coke this particular one I have one guy that take up to 2or 3 daily if he didn’t see this one he will go for normal coke he drink that one like 3 to 4 daily after one food nah one coke
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Christistruth00: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
But why are these People so Wicked like this ?

Those who told you so years ago (1974 and 1980) you shut them all up

https://www.fda.gov/food/food-additives-petitions/timeline-selected-fda-activities-and-significant-events-addressing-aspartame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Karleb(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2023
Sponsored by Pepsi and co.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by omojeesu(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2023
So-called alternative health practitioners knew that decades ago but they were vilified, called quacks by health authorities and hounded.

WHO is trying to attract credibility and gain the world's trust again before it launched other bioweapons on humanity.

Caveat emptor!

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by omojeesu(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
"Normal" sugar is NOT normal.

It is as addictive as cocaine...

blowjohn:
I knew and was even exposed to its side effects more than 15 years ago.

If u don't believe me, ask Nutri c.

Nobody drink am pass me back then.

Normal sugar is better than all these sweetners.

Very toxic thing if taken over a long time
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Hopium: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Voiceofthestree:
This Diet Coke this particular one I have one guy that take up to 2or 3 daily if he didn’t see this one he will go for normal coke he drink that one like 3 to 4 daily after one food nah one coke

If he can't discipline himself, just tell him to start saving medical funds if he's still young.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by TheBillyonaire: 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
I have been taking these shit thinking its all wonderful diet stuff.

I might begin to smoke weed now that I know these stuff are carcino in nature, heard that devil's leaf can cure everything.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Angelfrost(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
People still drink Coke??! embarassed

I honestly can't remember what that soda tastes like...!
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by MrBroke(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
I clean am
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by finallybusy: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
This thing always gave me headaches during summer. My body is quick to recognize toxic materials. Canned Coca Cola here never gave me issues because sugar. The sooner they remove that poison, the better.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Vatod(m): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
That’s why I stick with Beer
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2023
jayAjoku:
These Bastards are just trying to save Face they’ve always know this Fact that aspartame is carcinogenic and worse than Sugar. Bunch of bastards
grin

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Vatod:
That’s why I stick with Beer
See this one grin. Everything we consume get one or two k leg. Beer get im own wahala too grin
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Day169: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2023
Chaaaii..
I'll jejely return to regular coke then.
Something must kill a man. undecided
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by mu2sa2: 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Drinking coke, whether diet or regular, is a health risk.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
Am not surprised.All these carbonated drinks often contain carcinogenic chemicals as ingredients.These carcinogens can cause any form of cancer in the body systems, just anywhere, and a weakened immune system just gives the carcinogens, the opportunity to damage the cell DNA information in tissues, cause their uncontrollable growth and division; and trigger cancerous tumors.
That's why if you must have processed foods, healthy foods especially fruits and vegetables must be your nutritional foundation.
These foods are vital for a healthy immune system and the body's ability to fight off disease.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Johnn74: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meningitis Kills Two In Lagos As Death Toll Rises To 438. / COVID-19: Garba Abari Says Chinese Experts Coming To Share Experince Only / Help I'm Addicted To Carbonated Drinks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.