Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune (676 Views)

My Farming Project, 2022/2023 Farming Season / Hybrid Post Fingerlings And Fingerlings For Sale (pics and price included) / My Adventure Into Rice Farming (Photos and videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by RuMiRgO1stSon: 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2023
Hey guys how are you guys doing, hope you guys are doing great!
Its another brand new farming/raining season, a period full of farm activities to farmers..
Here I come with another edition of my adventures in pics and videos I promised to...
A sequel to my last year to my adventure (link below)
https://www.nairaland.com/7557338/maize-farming-adventure-pictures/2#122701160

though last year was full of challenges and errors, but lessons is been learnt and corrections been taken, and adjustment will be made in anyway necessary...
Stay tune guys
DISCLAIMER!
I am but an amateur farmer, born to family of farmers... Just me toeing my fathers footsteps...
Corrections and advises are welcomed.
In this post/journal, I will talk about everything I can remember or write about my adventure, I will post pictures, videos as frequently as I can..... So stay tune guys... Help me make the thread lively.
God bless us all!
Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
Land preparation.. I was preoccupied with a lot of tasks, so I payed laborers to clear the farms for me before I reached home AM A TRAVELLER I went to develop Abia state😉
So no pics or videos on land preparation, but there's nothing much than clear and burn the shrubs, maize stalks and dead leaves brought by wind.
And also apply the weed killers to eradicate the weeds growing in the fields...
I used the old ones I've used last year, a very strong weedkiller called GOBARA

RATE OF APPLICATION: 1litre of GOBARA/80ltres of water, that's 250ml/20ltrs of water. I bought 2 cartons last year @#66,000 i.e #33,000 each, but it goes up as high at #42000 now per carton that's about 9k increments... Don't know what's up with our dear country Nigeria
SMH
Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by RuMiRgO1stSon: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
PLOUGHING
Before have planned to used tractor this year to plow the farms, but due to their unavailability, I have to resort to the old ways...
That's cattle plow.... I mean mean Rickshaw PLOUGH Yes yo raise bulls to draw plow no be beans, so most people resort to using rickshaw, rickshaw cargo, others even use car to plow their farms.

So as some Nlanders requested me last year thread to record and post the video of Rickshaw plowing, I manage to record the video when they are plowing my farm, I will drop the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fjZt6Xos4

Pics added

Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by RuMiRgO1stSon: 12:13am On Jul 16, 2023
I also had an unannounced encounter with Lala's favorite meat😁 damn I nearly grab the snake with my goddamn hands, as I was moving some shear butter tree brushes cut by Fulani herdsmen after the farm was cleared of the stalks and other farm waste, the snake was just there quit, wrap it's self and hid under the dry leaves.. na God save me ooo before I wan deep hand pack all the brushes to clear road for the workers but my instinct insisted I remove it one after the other, then lo and behold Lala's favorite right there in the leaves and hit it with stone and it died😰 I hate it

Don't if anyone can tell what manner of snake it is?

Pics below

Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by Wodu89: 4:44pm On Aug 06, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
PLOUGHING
Before have planned to used tractor this year to plow the farms, but due to their unavailability, I have to resort to the old ways...
That's cattle plow.... I mean mean Rickshaw PLOUGH Yes yo raise bulls to draw plow no be beans, so most people resort to using rickshaw, rickshaw cargo, others even use car to plow their farms.

So as some Nlanders requested me last year thread to record and post the video of Rickshaw plowing, I manage to record the video when they are plowing my farm, I will drop the link below.

Pics added

Spending 65,000 Naira on one and half heactre using the Rick saw is more expansive than a tractor. Did you out pen to paper to make this evaluation?
Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by RuMiRgO1stSon: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
Wodu89:

Spending 65,000 Naira on one and half heactre using the Rick saw is more expansive than a tractor. Did you out pen to paper to make this evaluation?

Yeah I have consult tractor operators to plow the field but non of them agreed to do that at 85,000 Naira, they demand 100k, that's why I resort to use the Rickshaw.
Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by RuMiRgO1stSon: 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
Am sorry guys for abandoning the thread, I lost my phone and was not able to find a replacement on time.... My apologies pls.
Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by RuMiRgO1stSon: 4:29pm On Sep 09, 2023
Everything was going smoothly in the farm for the past 7 weeks, before the unthinkable happened! It's stop raining for the past 3 weeks, but some places, people are lucky to have little precipitations, others are just helpless... Sigh!
Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by rainmoredays: 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
3 weeks? Damn!
For the part 1 week, it has been raining daily here in Ogun State.
Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by FarmTech(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
I also had an unannounced encounter with Lala's favorite meat😁 damn I nearly grab the snake with my goddamn hands, as I was moving some shear butter tree brushes cut by Fulani herdsmen after the farm was cleared of the stalks and other farm waste, the snake was just there quit, wrap it's self and hid under the dry leaves.. na God save me ooo before I wan deep hand pack all the brushes to clear road for the workers but my instinct insisted I remove it one after the other, then lo and behold Lala's favorite right there in the leaves and hit it with stone and it died😰 I hate it

Don't if anyone can tell what manner of snake it is?

Pics below
That's cobra

1 Like

Re: My 2023 Farming Edition In Pics And Videos.. Stay Tune by FarmTech(m): 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2023
RuMiRgO1stSon:
PLOUGHING

Pics added
Thanks 4 the video. Makes sense.

(1) (Reply)

Good Land For Sale At Affordable Price. / Reminder: Abuja-youth Farmers Meet Tommorow Aug 23 / Stop Using Local Open Drinker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.