Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs (13494 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others / Makinde Reverses Appointment Of 11 Perm Secs By Ajimobi In Oyo / Ambode Retired 21 Perm Secs To Enable Tinubu’s Ex-PA, Okunola Become Hos -Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by seanfer(m): 8:48am On Jun 30, 2023
BarrElChapo:
This guy seems like he’ll follow the foot steps of his predecessors.

I see the same thing. I’m sure those 2 PS are not from hos side of the state reason for promoting their subordinate over them. If true that’s nepotism.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Baso2019: 8:48am On Jun 30, 2023
Back2Daura:

The clerk is a stunch pdp member and the solicitor general is the wife to the late pdp governorship candidate uche ikonne. If you were the governor will u appoint them as hos?
He could have just suspended all of them at once.
Maybe he left the clerk because he was the one who gave him the idea and code to maneuver and install an LP speaker when PDP has majority in the house. So I doubt the clerk is a staunch PDP man as you said.
Then he also left the grieving woman on compassionate ground.

So he must have told them to accept his new HoS or resign by their own volition so it won't be him who sacked them.
The two chose to stay as Nigerians will always do, money first before honour
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by NwaliE01: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:
How can you promote a Director to become the Acting Head of Service when there are 2 Permanent Secretaries that are her seniors. This is against civil service rule except Abia is operating a different law to the remaining 35 states.
My worries is that those permanent secretaries were Abia state permanent problems too.

They needed to go and their civil service needs absolute overhaul.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by johnkeni(m): 8:50am On Jun 30, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Bald headed midget..Hope he won't start sleeping with women and young girls how he did when he was our MD at Diamond bank lipsrsealed

Can u defend this? Hope when u get arrested, u won't start shouting "victimization"!!!

Remember there's freedom of speech but freedom after speech is not guaranteed.

Internet never forgets

4 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Injera(f): 8:55am On Jun 30, 2023
The state of my birth
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Redhot0007: 9:00am On Jun 30, 2023
Ban, dissolve, scatter, shatter and batter the autonomous community chieftaincy system out of existence. Let the communities reverse back to their old tradition.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by CJStarz: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2023
Otti's emergence as the Governor was greeted with sooooo much excitement and expectations but right, disappoinment is springing up gradually. He's seen as a vindictive Governor, even those who massively voted for him are being affected by his 'vindictive' act. He's already creating enemies for himself. Quite some murmurings.
Let him focus on governance and ask God for wisdom to lead Abia State. We're praying for him too.
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by seniorkachion(m): 9:07am On Jun 30, 2023
ntyce:

Doesn't matter.

They are career civil servants, they got to those posts by merit and number of years they have put into the civil service.
Otti is creating more problem while trying to solve one

How do you know they got there on merit, especially the Ikonne woman.
Besides, such appointment is not only based on SENIORITY, it can also be based on EQUITY.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by HembaqMbk: 9:09am On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:

So now party affiliation is the basis to deny civil servants their promotions? Your excuse is watery and if those people initiate a case at the Industrial court they will win.
You can’t appoint a Director as HOS when there are 2 Permanent Secretaries ahead of her.
Otti is showing the world his level of nepotism.

Please can we allow Mr. Governor to work for at least 6 months before making all this noise. Are you guys happy with the current state of Abia? Ah ah!!!!1

CJStarz:
Otti's emergence as the Governor was greeted with sooooo much excitement and expectations but right, disappoinment is springing up gradually. He's seen as a vindictive Governor, even those who massively voted for him are being affected by his 'vindictive' act. He's already creating enemies for himself. Quite some murmurings.
Let him focus on governance and ask God for wisdom to lead Abia State. We're praying for him too.
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Dpharisee: 9:10am On Jun 30, 2023
Forensic audit of the past administration is necessary and use any recovered funds to offset backlog of salaries and pensions owed workers
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by HembaqMbk: 9:12am On Jun 30, 2023
CJStarz:

Impatient Abians. Please you people should allow this man to work please.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by HembaqMbk: 9:13am On Jun 30, 2023
seniorkachion:

Besides, such appointment is not only based on SENIORITY, it can also be based on EQUITY.

Why wasting your time with enemies of Abia state?
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Dpharisee: 9:13am On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:

So now party affiliation is the basis to deny civil servants their promotions? Your excuse is watery and if those people initiate a case at the Industrial court they will win.
You can’t appoint a Director as HOS when there are 2 Permanent Secretaries ahead of her.
He has promoted her to Ag HOS, even in the military not all Generals were retired when their junior were recently made service chiefs its at the discretion of the Commander in Chief

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Osilama1: 9:18am On Jun 30, 2023
Back2Daura:

The clerk is a stunch pdp member and the solicitor general is the wife to the late pdp governorship candidate uche ikonne. If you were the governor will u appoint them as hos?
but if Ina Sabi cry nonsense against tinubu buhari etc... Rule is rule... Make Ina no justify yeye thing cos of bias... Is otti an emperor...
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Osilama1: 9:20am On Jun 30, 2023
ntyce:

Doesn't matter.

They are career civil servants, they got to those posts by merit and number of years they have put into the civil service.
Otti is creating more problem while trying to solve one
u de mind them...
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by seniorgozman(m): 9:31am On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:
How can you promote a Director to become the Acting Head of Service when there are 2 Permanent Secretaries that are her seniors. This is against civil service rule except Abia is operating a different law to the remaining 35 states.
Civil service is a joke, my dad was a director heading to permanent secretary when our Governor appointed his junior who has only waec certificate as his permanent secretary. My Dad protested and he was demoted to Deputy director. We saw hell that period, I joined Civil service in 2019, I went for my first promotion this year and was given double promotion. I understand the game more than my Dad, before I reach 10 years in service, I will be in the level of director. Everything in Nigeria is now lobbying and politics. My mates are still wondering what happened

3 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by ntyce(m): 9:36am On Jun 30, 2023
seniorkachion:

Double promotion from Director to HOS isn't Equity.
If the Director had been due to be a PS, promote her and do what's needful

2 Likes

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by greatiyk4u(m): 9:41am On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:

Acting head is not yet head
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by OlujobaSamuel: 9:51am On Jun 30, 2023
seniorgozman:

Civil service is a joke, my dad was a director heading to permanent secretary when our Governor appointed his junior who has only waec certificate as his permanent secretary. My Dad protested and he was demoted to Deputy director. We saw hell that period, I joined Civil service in 2019, I went for my first promotion this year and was given double promotion. I understand the game more than my Dad, before I reach 10 years in service, I will be in the level of director. Everything in Nigeria is now lobbying and politics. My mates are still wondering what happened
All you said might be true, but on the issue of a DD or AD having just WAEC cert is false. You can't even get close to that cadre even if you have rapid promotion.
He might have presented an oluwole cert, but, trust me, his records will reflect that he is having so so qualifications beyond ssce.
HND sef get limitations, not to talk of SSCE

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by sameks08(m): 9:57am On Jun 30, 2023
This one is very confused
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by theophorus(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2023
bestman09:
Anything that can help rebuild Abia state is welcome

ANYTHING?

Including K*lling all of it Indegenes?
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by 77up(m): 10:26am On Jun 30, 2023
People like me and many others really don't care how other region govern their people, focus more on my region and federal government but the case is different from other nitwits.
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Okpokpo09: 10:28am On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:
That is my Aunty you’re talking about. She deserve that position, if you’re not happy for her pls hug nearest transformer ok.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by paramakina202: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:
Abi state no suppose pass LGA .

Do the state even look like it has ever had a governor sef ?

Even LGA in Delta are better managed than that cannibal lair.

Where in Delta is better than Abia state?
Delta state is another failed oil producing state.
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by Kukutenla: 10:57am On Jun 30, 2023
I don't know what has affected the psyche of Nigerians so much that they now rejoice and see as a good sign when a new political office hilder comes in and suspends, arrests or sack career officers or civil servants. It makes no sense at all. I even believe it's against the law but this is Nigeria where only few are sensible and the rest are just part of a herd going where the herdsman leads them

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by seanfer(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2023
Dpharisee:

He has promoted her to Ag HOS, even in the military not all Generals were retired when their junior were recently made service chiefs its at the discretion of the Commander in Chief

About the military you are wrong. No senior General will take order from his junior.

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by seniorgozman(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

All you said might be true, but on the issue of a DD or AD having just WAEC cert is false. You can't even get close to that cadre even if you have rapid promotion.
He might have presented an oluwole cert, but, trust me, his records will reflect that he is having so so qualifications beyond ssce.
HND sef get limitations, not to talk of SSCE
I am from Ebonyi State, permanent secretaries are seen as political appointment along side commissioners. I can give you the name of the person in question

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by TheMostComplex1: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2023
My own is that he should do the right things that will take Abia state most especially Aba to an enviable height

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by OdefaGirl(f): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
seanfer:

So, you mean it's better they join the others back home

1 Like

Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by OdefaGirl(f): 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
Curious345:
Good move.. Abia State, the most useless place to live in

What sort of childish talk is this?
Re: Governor Otti Suspends Abia Head Of Service Onyi Nwamah, All Perm Secs by wacoj(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2023
Our action governor please show no mercy to all the crooks!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Permutations To Return Jonathan To Power In 2023 And His Continued Silence / Atiku: Tinubu Jostled To Be VP On Muslim-Muslim Ticket To Buhari / Boko Haram Bombs Mosque In Maiduguri, 6 Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.