Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,353 members, 7,836,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. (481 Views)

If JAMB Highest Scorer Is Not An Igbo It Could Have Triggered Violence - Omokri / Ikwerre Is Not Igbo, It’s Crazy How people Feel Inferior, Learn Pls / Kill In Edo, It's UGM; Kill In Ondo, It's UGM; Kill In Igbo, It's IPOB, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by TokunboCarsOnly: 8:07am On Jul 01, 2023
Ndi Igbo, whatever has a beginning must have an end. Even the Holy Bible according to the book of Ecclesiastes, says, "There is a time for everything under heaven..." Needless to recite "a time to be born and a time to die", "a time to go and a time to come back home". As an Igbo man or woman living or working or doing Business outside the South East and especially in Lagos, you don't need anyone to tell you it is time to go home. But incase you need someone to remind you, then, it is time to go home.

Igbos are not bastards, but we have acted as if we are. Ndi Igbo are not homeless, but we have taken the form and the colouration of homeless people. Igbos are not root-less, but our attitude so far have suggested as though we have no root. We are a resourceful tribe, but we have acted beggerly and so have been treated as one. Yes, our homeland is underdeveloped, it is being ravaged by erosion and state sponsored criminals but we have behaved like our homeland is Dubai, Malaysia, Singapore or China. We are the descendants of the great Jews, but we have been treated like the children of a lesser God.

We have been stripped of honour and there is no dignity anymore with us. Like a baby, we have been thrown away with bath water into the cold but we know it not. The glorious future before us as ordained by God is suddenly becoming bleak, hopeless and shattered simply because we share the demonic bond of a nation that has taken so much from us but have left us with so little.

Our youths are constantly under the knife and gun, our mothers are rapped, our farm lands are trampled upon and our lands are taken with brute force. Our homeland is militarized, every kilometer on our highways reeks of checkpoints as against what is obtainable in other climes. Our voices are suppressed and we dare not speak. In fact, before our Pharaohs, speaking means death. We have become aliens in our own ancestral land. We cry blood, but no one cares, we wail, but our shredded voices and bleeding hearts means nothing to our oppressors. We are held hostage with great abandon and conquered on all fronts, yet no hope of rescue.

Despite the fact that Ndi Igbo have demonstrated resilience, we have demonstrated faith in the Nigerian project, unfortunately Nigeria have demonstrated cruelty and hostility back to us. We have made significant impact in every sector and have left our footprint on the sands of time. Our efforts can be seen in Alaba international market, Ladipo, Aspamda, Mandilas, Nollywood, Academics, Medicine, Production, Importation, Entertainment etc. We have also shown this same spirit in Real Estate, we are scattered all over places like Ago Palace, Banana Island, Festac town, Amuwo Odofin, Satellite town, Lekki, Ajah, Ikoyi, VI and several other places. The story is endless and the same in Abuja, Kano, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt, Uyo, Asaba and great beyond. Only posterity will pay us.

But again and unfortunately, our adventure and spirit of contributing to other peoples land have not paid off. Instead we have been demonized, villified and threatened with death and extinction. We are chased everywhere like rat intended for the slaughter. It is crystal clear even that we are no longer wanted in places we thought were homes. Because of that we have lost our ease in zion. Our children are no longer safe in schools because their surname is Nwachukwu. They have been marked down. Before our own eyes we are being stripped of our fundamental human rights to live freely, do business and own properties in the same country we founded together with them. We are no longer respected as a people. The new order is simple, show that you hate onye Igbo and gain fame and stardom. Our presence infuriates our hosts and I say again, Umu Igbo, it is time to go home.

Whether you agree or not, everything in the Nigeria project today is working against the Igbo man. We must learn from history so it will not repeat itself only if we are wise. We are still counting our losses for 1967. We have not recovered from the sound of bombs and artilleries that destroyed our homeland from Owerri to Arochukwu, from Okigwe to Nsukka. The 1970 bitter and brutal experience is still with us, the scares have refused to disappear and our enemies are bent on seeing to it that history repeats itself. But it is within our capacity to either say yes or no to them.

Look back, you will notice the trend and the cleverly orchestrated political pattern. We have become handicapped in politics. There is no hope of an Igbo man becoming Nigeria president anytime soon. We practically beg for political appointments. Our governors are fine with shaking of hands and taking pictures with those who have collectively enslaved us. Our kings barely make a statement. Golden tongues have turned lead. Our social cultural groups like Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo are not helping matter either. If care is not taken, we might even loose everything economically in the nearest shortest time.

Our youths are arbitrarily shot in Orlu for declaring Biafra as their last hope, Izunna is not safe in Ihiala, the streets of Aba are hot, buildings are ripped wide open by bullets, markets are deserted courtesy of the agents of state. Everything Igbo is an abomination in Nigeria as far as they are concerned. Extermination is the only option left and so it is a task that must be accomplished which ever way. The North are not our friends, the West are worse off, they have made significant inward roads into the ranks of our dear brothers in the Niger Delta, they not only penetrated them but many have been bought with a price against us. It is now purely the Cain and Abel story. We are left alone like a lonely tree in the middle of an endless ocean.

The last general election will forever remain in our memories for a very long time. It was a clear case of hate, distrust, harassment, intimidation and disenfranchisement. Igbos were robbed and humiliated broad day light. Our foes did not hide their irritation and disdain for the Igbo man. In summary, it was pure hate taken too far. The bounced thier own people at the pooling units, It was that ugly that they mistook them for the igbos because they looked too neat and healthy.

But do we really blame them? Personally I don't, I blame myself who have rejected everything Igbo from my language to my homeland, I have abandoned my belief system and all that makes me the unbeatable Igbo person and i have taken up everything that stares me in the face which I know are strange. But we must realize no place like home. They lie that our home is landlocked but we are wiser now. They say leave us alone but deny us the instruments of referendum to determine our fate. Interestingly, their propagandas have been deflated and bursted and we have found ourselves again and we are ready to make a loud statement and that statement is that our home is good enough for us.

Remember the old saying, "it is too late to cry when the head is off". Time to act is now, tomorrow maybe too late.

A word is enough for the wise.

Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by ratilokper: 8:07am On Jul 01, 2023
Nigeria belongs to eveyone

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by Oxfordgrade: 8:12am On Jul 01, 2023
Someone once predicted that this sudden organic love for Nigeria by the Igbos, because of PO presidential ambition will fade out, should he not win on the poll. Wuna no dey everly disappoint! A people too emotional, loud and brazen. Every ethnic group in this country has contributed in one way or the other, yet, i have not hear this kind of noise. Charge your elective leaders to start lobbying for a change of constitution from: Dr Namdi Azikiwe style to that of great Obafemi Awolowo propposed kind of constitution. Or stop sectional politics and widen out and stop the blame game now_ peace!

2 Likes

Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by EmmaJnr1: 8:12am On Jul 01, 2023
Arise tv news

Video...IPOB DOS meets EU and UN for Biafra Referendum

Biafra Referendum loading
https://www.facebook.com/hagenjerrik.hagenjerrik/videos/6119106968218694/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Watch video above
Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by Ohislee(m): 8:20am On Jul 01, 2023
I hope the rest of Nigeria agrees to this, since this is what they have been clamouring for indirectly.

Let everyone go his separate way in peace.
Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by JagabanBorgu: 8:31am On Jul 01, 2023
I will love u guys to keep this pace up and instill this in all lgb0s so u can all go home.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by Odin13: 9:22am On Jul 01, 2023
Like this generation of igbos are really “like “ buhari”
The older generation are more smart and enterprising..

This one’s… may God help their brains …

So empty and careless

This is what is written by a 21th century proud Igbo being and actually believes he’s making sense ..

Una need help..

Walahi
Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by sreamsense: 9:35am On Jul 01, 2023
EmmaJnr1:
Arise tv news

Video...IPOB DOS meets EU and UN for Biafra Referendum

Biafra Referendum loading
https://www.facebook.com/hagenjerrik.hagenjerrik/videos/6119106968218694/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Watch video above
Stop deceiving yourself! Is it to meet the problem or to approve? Ipob only went there for excision so that when they come back, they will ask for more donations. What matters is the outcome of going and not just visiting?
Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by bender79: 9:39am On Jul 01, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
Someone once predicted that this sudden organic love for Nigeria by the Igbos, because of PO presidential ambition will fade out, should he not win on the poll. Wuna no dey everly disappoint! A people too emotional, loud and brazen. Every ethnic group in this country has contributed in one way or the other, yet, i have not hear this kind of noise. Charge your elective leaders to start lobbying for a change of constitution from: Dr Namdi Azikiwe style to that of great Obafemi Awolowo propposed kind of constitution. Or stop sectional politics and widen out and stop the blame game now_ peace!
who is more sectional than your tribe? Tell me have you ever voted for an Igbo man before? Stop talking trash. You guys are they most sectional set of human beings in the face of the earth
Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by Dubetex96(m): 9:57am On Jul 01, 2023
As the saying goes A word is enough for the wise ,thank God our people are heeding to the clarion call .. our home need more developmental project than the Ronu people they are ingrate shikina

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by Oxfordgrade: 1:41pm On Jul 01, 2023
bender79:
who is more sectional than your tribe? Tell me have you ever voted for an Igbo man before? Stop talking trash. You guys are they most sectional set of human beings in the face of the earth
GO THROUGH ALL MY POST; I be confirm S.S
Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by MrColdsweat: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
No free property for the greedy owo mi da. We are going nowhere.
Re: Ndi Igbo, It Is Time To Go Home. by TokunboCarsOnly: 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
ratilokper:
Nigeria belongs to eveyone

More like rhetorics, but not in reality.

(1) (Reply)

Nwangele Laud Gov Nwifuru On Commercial Flights Operations In Ebonyi / Wailing Thread For Obidients, Please Be Your Brother’s Keeper / When APC Accuse Obidients Of Intimidating Judges, Show Them This Book By Onanuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.