Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! (541 Views)

Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD / Victor Osimhen's Inlaws Call Him Out Over Debts Of €69,000 & $439,000USD (vid) / Euro2020: Italy's Entire Squad Dripped In A N1.2m G-Armani Suit Till The Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by obembet(f): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
Sevilla have made their entire first team squad available on the transfer market due to financial issues ahead of next season, it has been reported.

After a disappointing season in La Liga where the club flirted with relegation at times, the campaign ended on an immense high for Sevilla as the club secured their seventh Europa League title. They defeated Jose Mourinho's Roma on penalties back in May.

It was win which should have meant Los Nervionenses and their fanbase looked ahead to Champions League football next season, with the aim of progressing and developing the squad.

However, a new report claims that the reality of the situation is a stark contrast to the hope and positivity they should be feeling, with alarming claims made over the state of the club's finances just weeks after the season concluded.

According to Radio MARCA's Pedro Pablo Parrado, club president Pepe Castro informed Sevilla boss José Luis Mendilibar that the club had fallen into €90million worth of debts.

The report claims that, as a result, every single member of the Europa League-winning squad had been declared 'transferable' during the summer transfer window.

The report went on to state that the Spanish club 'need' to sell in order to solve their financial issues and that 'one or two' major exits would not be enough to solve the problems.

Major names such as Youssef En-Nesyri, Yassine Bounou and Lucas Ocampos are listed as the first players who could be sold, with the latter already being linked with a move to Premier League side Fulham.

The club have reportedly contacted clubs all across Europe, with specific reference to Manchester United, the side they beat on their way to the European triumph, in a bid to accelerate the rate in which they can offload their talents.

Source: https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1674812154543841284?t=7zsvRQAStmPUYmmDrvET9A&s=19

Nlfpmod
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by blaquemyc: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2023
I don't even know what to comment again, make Dem kuku shut down the club make everybody rest.

3 Likes

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by Calabar1stSon: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
blaquemyc:
I don't even know what to comment again, make Dem kuku shut down the club make everybody rest.
Broski even me too no know wetin to comment laidis.

Make I just comment say Davido cheat on Chioma with Anita.

2 Likes

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by obembet(f): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2023
blaquemyc:

Anytime from now, be expecting Saudi side to buys entire squad . grin

Nlfpmod

2 Likes

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by blaquemyc: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
obembet:

Nlfpmod
I won't be surprised if that happens, those Saudis want to upgrade their league by all means.

1 Like

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by obembet(f): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2023
blaquemyc:
I won't be surprised if that happens, those Saudis want to upgrade their league by all means.

The greatest player of all time, Cristiano Rolando really open their eyes. I won't be surprise if the league complete with France league 1 in future

Nlfpmod

2 Likes

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by Freshtruth(m): 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
Still d entire squad is not worth 50m base on my calculation

Let me give them a solution
Mbappe is a free agent have a written agreement with mbappe agent then sell the sport complex to pay Mbappe Mbappe wages. Sign Mbappe on a 4year contract then put mppape on transfer the next week with a buyout clause of 180m. Problem solve

2 Likes

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by Chno: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
lol when they have been winning Europa league for the past five seasons wetin dem use thier money do

2 Likes

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by Kapeter(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
obembet:

Nlfpmod
Or maybe rather buy the team. undecided
Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by internationalman(m): 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
obembet:

The greatest player of all time, Cristiano Rolando really open their eyes. I won't be surprise if the league complete with France league 1 in future

Nlfpmod

Chinese league did more than this few years ago. Where are they now.

1 Like

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by Psady(m): 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
Wow! Too bad for a club like Sevilla,when u think all is well then BOOM!! ,The truth is out there,after landing a major trophy.
Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by allen113: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
Wetin they happen to Spanish teams and debt? 🤔
Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by Jeffrey22(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
allen113:
Wetin they happen to Spanish teams and debt? 🤔
Them de put their hand where e no reach

Them no de get enough sponsorship like premier league

Na them win Europa oo

2 Likes

Re: Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! by Mryacks: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2023
Upon say they have been winning that tin-port Europa league back to back....I laugh when some novice foottball fans think it's all about winning trophies for these clubs. Only the really big trophies matter for most (league/champions league). Running the clubs and making profit is mostly what thenwonets care about. Na fans dey suffer about to trophy or no trophy matter grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2010: Gabriel Heinze's Argentina Strike Should Have Been Disallowed - / Argentina Keeps Exploting Nigeria's Inability To Defend Set-pieces / Nigeria Vs Greece 1-1 Live Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.