Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day (26481 Views)

Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria / MTN Reveals How Users Can Check Compensation Data, Airtime / MTN Modifies 1.5GB Data Plan, Limits Bonus To Night Only (1am - 7am) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Obesity(m): 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
And a strong competitor will arise soon .

Twitter doing wonders

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by DatNaijaGuy: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
SmartyPants:

Can you really read more than 6000 tweets daily?
I guess you don't know how it work.
You don't have to read it.
Just scroll pass, it will be marked that you have read it.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by AmuRubber(m): 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
sureteeboy:

A tweet scrolled past registers as a read tweet. We tend to scroll past a lot of posts on social media platforms while looking for the one that catches our attention. An average user will possibly scroll past 50 tweets in 5 mins or thereabout (either read or unread). That means he/she has about 1hr ±10mins to spend on the website daily before reaching the 600 mark.

On the flip side though, it might cure an addiction to the website
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by obaidan: 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
This will stop our youths from wasting away on twitter..if u dun read 600, go and read your book....
But the people that want to waste away will go and pay for verification because of this limitation
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Boldtrust(m): 10:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
I'm launching a standard social media platform to rival twitter and facebook. We need our own thing here in Nigeria and Africa at large.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
Yamleg:
Where can I get this in lagos, biko?
In cartons, pls

The cancer part didn't give you cause for concern?
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by AmuRubber(m): 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2023
kevoh:

You'd consume 600 tweets in 5 mins. The way twitter is built everything you do, intentionally or unintentionally, counts as a tweet.
- You open twitter app even without reading, that's already ten tweets appearing as read.
- Twitter loading up to 200 new tweets at once on your timeline, that's 200 tweets read as far as twitter is concerned, whether you scroll by, read the tweets or do nothing!
See a better explanation in the picture below!
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Yamleg: 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Russianlord101:

How many do you need?
1 carton how much pls
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Femi8586(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
oneman2k7:
Somebody will sit down and read 300 posts per day? That is crazy.

Read and understand, e get why

You don't even need to click any post to read. Once you open Twitter, any post displayed on your timelines are counted.

As you're scrolling without even clicking them, it's reading. In under 10mins, you must have reached the 600 limits.

But you still wanna justify what is not right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by OmoOshodi(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
I can not even read up to 100 tweets in a day..
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by OmoOshodi(m): 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
Femi8586:

Read and understand, e get why

You don't even need to click any post to read. Once you open Twitter, any post displayed on your timelines are counted.

As you're scrolling without even clicking them, it's reading. In under 10mins, you must have reached the 600 limits.

But you still wanna justify what is not right.
clicks
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
Anny69:
This man!

But who reads more than 500 posts in a day?
I'm still trying to understand the backlash all around. Make everybody calm down abeg.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by maasoap(m): 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
SmartyPants:

Can you really read more than 6000 tweets daily?
That's for the paying users, non paying users are 600 posts. You should talk about that.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 10:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
wizkidblogger:

i tire. most of them dont understand the post
Some people in this Twitter space are even calling the man dumb. Well, it's easy to sit behind a phone and criticise.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
CartelKenneth:
This is useless man will ruin Twitter
Define 'useless'
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by SmartyPants(m): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
DatNaijaGuy:

I guess you don't know how it work.
You don't have to read it.
Just scroll pass, it will be marked that you have read it.

No difference. 6000 still seems like a lot of tweets to scroll through.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by moyosore32: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
I don run come back nairaland 😂

Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
obaidan:
This will stop our youths from wasting away on twitter..if u dun read 600, go and read your book....
But the people that want to waste away will go and pay for verification because of this limitation
It's the 'go and read your book' for me😅

1 Like

Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by motymop: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2023
kevoh:
This Musk no get sense! Even those who have paid $8 for being verified will still be limited. RIP Twitter!

you obviously dont understand what he means, it means that those scrapping twitter content for free will have to pay to access twitter api

An enterprise twitter api cost around $42k per month, so that is good revenue for the company, if those stealing data are paying

big companies are scrapping data for free that means they can no longer do that, it also means they have to pay if they want to get users data to train their ai machine
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Anny69: 11:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
Oluwadarasimi19:

I'm still trying to understand the backlash all around. Make everybody calm down abeg.
Maybe it's because you aren't active on Twitter.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Holav(m): 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2023
Abeg share me bro
Ovis1302:
Bluesky is operational now.I got the invite code and I am there wella.
#Twitter competitor.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Oluwadarasimi19(m): 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
Anny69:
Maybe it's because you aren't active on Twitter.
Well, I've been more active these days. I just feel everyone needs to be calm and just observe no matter what . From the Twitter spaces I've joined, they've called this man different names like dumb, idiotic, narcissistic... I mean, that's extreme na. It's toxic.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Bigchristo: 11:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
God1000:
I don't even use Twitter, Facebook is my favourite.

Elon musk keeps making his own rules everyday, what about the new CEO, the woman he appointed to manage Twitter?
Try register twitter you will be very boredom if you go back to facebook, twitter na the real deal
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by obaidan: 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2023
Oluwadarasimi19:

It's the 'go and read your book' for me😅
Abi now...read 6000 tweets...then attempt to read 6000 words by the time that is done...it's a new day to read another 6000 tweets grin
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Arisenews2: 12:19am On Jul 02, 2023
Yamleg:
In cartons, pls

I can help you! This product is distributed by Black Horse Tobacco owned by Hassan Zain. My cousins uncle.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by MeineMutter: 1:05am On Jul 02, 2023
kevoh:
This Musk no get sense! Even those who have paid $8 for being verified will still be limited. RIP Twitter!

But you can’t read 6,000 posts in a day. Do you know how much time it will take you to read 6,000 posts? If it takes you an average of 20 seconds to read a post, that means you need an average of 33 hours (out of 24hrs 😁) in a day to finish reading 6,000 posts.
Won’t you do another thing throughout the day, other than reading Twitter posts?

Elon wants to make more money from Twitter by forcing users to register. If you are registered and not verified, he still sells your data and your algorithm of Twitter usage who would use it to target you for their own purposes.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by emmayayodeji(m): 1:27am On Jul 02, 2023
StrikeBack:
Never will I get addicted to social media apps
says the 6th man to comment on a FP thread
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by GodWrites: 1:36am On Jul 02, 2023
WriterNigg:
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

This clown will kill Twitter with his senseless rules & greed.

This is actually good in my opinion. It will stop doom scrolling, so you can focus on your life. Unlike other social media platforms that wants to keep you stuck on their platform from morning till night. Elon is doing great with this move.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by emmy512: 1:58am On Jul 02, 2023
I believe the count will be by interaction with a post and not just a post.

It'll count against you the likes , comments you make on a post would be what determines if it's been interaction
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by Anny69: 3:28am On Jul 02, 2023
Oluwadarasimi19:

Well, I've been more active these days. I just feel everyone needs to be calm and just observe no matter what . From the Twitter spaces I've joined, they've called this man different names like dumb, idiotic, narcissistic... I mean, that's extreme na. It's toxic.
Okay.
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by brightleave(m): 3:52am On Jul 02, 2023
Yamleg:
In cartons, pls
upon d danger involved, u still dey look 4 ram
Re: Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day by francotunsco: 4:24am On Jul 02, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Us that use Twitter once in 12 years
E no concern us at all

na we be that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Samsung Galaxy A8 Series Full Specs & Price / Kiki Mordi Takes Storytelling At TECNO AFRIFF2019 MasterClass / Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.