Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

The Tale Of The Warrior Princess - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / The Tale Of The Warrior Princess (194 Views)

The Secret Princess (in Love With The Demon Assassin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tale Of The Warrior Princess by ExploreFeelings(f): 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
The Evil Eye

Tale of the Warrior Princess
❤️🗡️🦋👑

Episode 16

The morning was cool as Zamu dwelled deeply on her father’s words. Today marked the beginning of her training, a prospect that filled her with fear. She was not cut out for a life filled with violence; it wasn’t her calling.
“My princess, are you alright?” Oma’s concerned voice broke the silence as she untangled Zamu’s hair, preparing to braid it anew. Despite witnessing Oma’s interaction with Khaz, Zamu wanted to rely on her as her only friend in Brazat, someone she could confide in and share her fears with.
“I’m afraid of the training. What if I’m not capable enough to become the warrior princess? And Neema, she dislikes me. I can already foresee the hardships she’ll put me through. I’m terrified of the weight this destiny places on my shoulders. Why couldn’t Khaz be the warrior prince?” Zamu lamented.
Oma yearned to reveal that she was there not because Khaz was incapable, but due to another unknown reason. However, she recalled Khaz’s warning not to disclose anything about the palace to Zamu. In time, the princess would find out the true reason she was in Brazat on her own.
“Princess, you’ll be fine. I know you possess the courage to become our warrior princess,” Oma reassured, though Zamu bit her lip and remained silent as Oma braided her hair.
“Armani will be present, along with other warriors,” Oma added.
“What? Is this some form of public humiliation?” Zamu’s heart raced.
“Do you care for Armani? Are you afraid of facing public embarrassment in front of him?” Oma inquired, but Zamu refrained from responding, recalling the sight of Khaz and Oma together.
“No, it’s not that. The prince is incapable of such cruelty. I injured myself while working in the kitchen. It’s nothing. Just the life of a slave,” Oma tried to conceal her scarred hands from Zamu’s gaze.
Zamu attempted to say something more to her personal maid, but she struggled to find the right words, sensing that Oma was hiding something from her. Doubts regarding trust lingered in Brazat, leaving her unsure of her place in this unfamiliar world.
Oma remained silent, holding back the multitude of things she wished to say to the princess. Zamu held little real power until she became a warrior, perhaps a mere pawn in her father’s power game. Oma understood that much was transpiring in Brazat, but she was bound to silence as commanded by Khaz, who struck fear into her heart with the terrible things he had done. She bowed to the princess once she finished braiding her hair and hurried to her room, where she could weep over her wretched existence as a servant.
In the armory room, Neema sat examining the swords and various weapons used in their kingdom’s wars. Yet, her thoughts weren’t on the men and women she had defeated with those swords; instead, she fantasized about defeating Zamu in combat during their training.
Neema believed she should be the warrior princess, not Zamu. She had fought in numerous battles and brought honor to their land. However, King Bara decided to bestow the title upon a naive young girl. Filled with frustration over her lack of power and wealth, Neema swung the sword angrily, venting her anger with a loud cry.
Nila sauntered in, clad in revealing attire that emphasized her figure, aimed at captivating men’s attention. But her focus wasn’t on men at the moment; it was on her sister.
“Neema, you must control your rage and let go of your ambition to become the warrior princess. If you push too hard and inflict pain on the princess, her father may notice your animosity,” Nila advised calmly.
“I’m not like you, Nila. Spare me your useless counsel and do your part. Keep Armani in line, and maybe you’ll secure your future. Or perhaps set your sights on wealthier men like Khaz,” Neema retorted.
“Enough about Khaz! We’ve had this conversation before. I don’t want him. I won’t abandon Armani for any woman. I came here to tell you to be strategic in training the princess. Don’t make it obvious that you’re out to harm her,” Nila responded firmly.
“I know, Nila, I know. I am the warrior here, not you! Remember that! I will teach her a lesson while exercising caution,” Neema swore.
As she finished speaking, Neema noticed Armani standing behind Nila, his face etched with deep concern.
“Who are you planning to target? Neema, I hope you’re not about to do what I think you’re planning. What has that poor girl done to you since you met her? You will not…” Armani’s voice trailed off.
“What will I not do, Armani? Why are you getting so worked up, acting like a protective rooster? Is there something between you and the princess that we don’t know?” Neema accused Armani outright.
“What?” Armani stammered, his anger intensifying.
“Neema, watch your words! You don’t know how to treat a man as brave as him!” Nila scolded her sister while caressing Armani’s arms.
Consumed by anger, Neema stormed off, waiting for the opportunity to take out her frustration on Zamu. In the armoury room, Nila ran her hands over Armani’s muscular body, attempting to soothe his anger.
“Don’t be upset by Neema’s rude behaviour. Like you do for me, she needs a man to calm her down,” Nila whispered as she kissed his lips.
“Stop it, Nila. This isn’t the way to talk to me. Your sister made a serious accusation against me, and if anyone hears it, the King won’t be pleased. The title of warrior princess is reserved for royalty, not a mere warrior like me,” Armani breathed heavily.
“Then make it clear that you don’t care for her, so there won’t be any rumors. Treat her as if she means nothing to you,” Nila suggested.
“What do you mean? She’s destined to be the warrior princess, and we must show her respect. That’s all I have for her,” Armani replied.
“Fine, Armani, if that’s how you feel. Just remember that you have a beautiful woman like me, and you don’t need anyone else,” Nila said between breaths, resuming their passionate kisses. Armani could barely control himself as he reciprocated with even more passionate kisses.
“Yes, Armani,” Nila moaned, pulling him closer to her warm body.
“Wait, Nila… Have you been with other men before? I mean…” Armani hesitated.
“How dare you ask me that? I am a maiden, and you’re the only man who has ever touched me. I don’t even know what I’m doing. I’m just a helpless, innocent young woman trying to make her man happy. And now you insult me!” Nila sobbed.
“I’m sorry, Nila. I just…” Armani blinked innocently, his hands retracting.
“I’m afraid of being alone with a man,” Nila feigned innocence, leaving Armani confused and foolish for questioning her about her virginity.
Despite needing to keep him closer more than ever, she couldn’t let him believe that she had been with other men. He was to be her husband and he could never know!

Read other books by Grace Amadi https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_evil_eye_tale_of_the_warrior_princess/53283

(1) (Reply)

Crypto Content Writers Urgently Needed / Business Proposal Writer Needed | Closed / His Brother Just Found Him After He Duped Him. Rachel's Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.