Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? (635 Views)

Upload Your Waec Result To Jamb Portal Without Going To Cyber Cafe / Houston Single Mom Of 5 Graduates From Law School, Poses With Her Children / Inyene John & Kuseme Iseh From UNIUYO Graduate With First Class From Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Animegirl(f): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
I'm not sure if I should be worried about the future of law in this country, but would you advise me to transition from law to cyber security?

I'm considering traveling abroad or, if possible, leaving Nigeria permanently. Would transitioning from law to cyber security be helpful for me? I have the drive and willingness to pursue any path I set my mind to.
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Are you a currently doing youth service or you're still in the university?

Animegirl

If you're still in school just focus on finishing first because law is a tough course..when you're done, you can use your youth service to build your IT skills and leave the country..and you've chosen a good aspect of IT that is well sought after but you must put your mind to it since you dont have IT background knowledge like computer science students so you have to work harder

4 Likes

Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by CJStarz: 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
Nothing is impossible. IT is it in this era. Go for it!

1 Like

Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by endsarrrs(f): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2023
Study anywhere but not in Nigeria if you can afford it... Cyber security is Okay

1 Like

Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by iammo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
Finish your law degree first
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Cutehector(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Yes please transition. I am currently running a cybersecurity scholarship offered by EC Council. I can share with you the details so you can apply and get in.

Its gona be the best decision you will ever make.
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Animegirl(f): 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
Cutehector:
Yes please transition. I am currently running a cybersecurity scholarship offered by EC Council. I can share with you the details so you can apply and get in.

Please sire, I'm interested. Can I send an email?
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by bigbauer(m): 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
Cutehector:

I'm interested in this. Got a lot of friends that's been asking for an opportunity like this.
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Cutehector(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
bigbauer:

I'm interested in this. Got a lot of friends that's been asking for an opportunity like this.
dm
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by McTavish: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Hmmm, it's good you thinking this way, the stress young lawyers go through ehn especially if you practice in Lagos.

2 years post call dey earn like 150k or less than. The legal profession is over hyped, most of the lawyers have low-key side hustle. My sister, japa leave that profession oo. And please do so on time. Anything else is better unless you are young and you still have time to waste cus before you can see anything meaningful from that profession time fit don go.
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Animegirl(f): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
McTavish:
Hmmm, it's good you thinking this way, the stress young lawyers go through ehn especially if you practice in Lagos.

2 years post call dey earn like 150k or less than. The legal profession is over hyped, most of the lawyers have low-key side hustle. My sister, japa leave that profession oo. And please do so on time. Anything else is better unless you are young and you still have time to waste cus before you can see anything meaningful from that profession time fit don go.

Yea, that is why I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Animegirl(f): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
Rayban25:
Are you a currently doing youth service or you're still in the university?

Animegirl

If you're still in school just focus on finishing first because law is a tough course..when you're done, you can use your youth service to build your IT skills and leave the country..and you've chosen a good aspect of IT that is well sought after but you must put your mind to it since you dont have IT background knowledge like computer science students so you have to work harder

I'm in law school currently. Already done my youth service. Thanks so much for the advice
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Purvan(m): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
Transition instead to Cyber law

Read about the ethics of the computer system

1 Like

Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by talk2ibk(m): 10:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
Cutehector:

Semt you a dm for the link too
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by emelu(m): 5:42am On Jul 03, 2023
Cutehector:

Am interested too. Can u share with me as well. Thanks
Re: Can I Transition From Law To Cyber Security? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Cutehector:

Hi please am interested. I sent u an email.

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Countries To Live And Work 2023 / Student Life In The UK: Insights On What To Expect / Words Coined By Williams Shakespeare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.