Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,438 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Is Ayo Babalola The Founder Of CAC Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Ayo Babalola The Founder Of CAC Church? (693 Views)

117th Posthumous Birthday Of Joseph Ayo Babalola Is Today / Joseph Ayo Babalola's 116th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Collins: My Visit To Ayo Babalola Prayer Mountain At Ikeji Arakeji (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Ayo Babalola The Founder Of CAC Church? by UncleAyo: 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
I once read a recorded history of the Christ Apostelic Church where Ayo Babalola is not actually the founder. Some wanted to begin an argument with me about this topic. (Although I'm not interested in the argument)

But for education purposes, using history and recorded fact, who is the founder of CAC church?
Re: Is Ayo Babalola The Founder Of CAC Church? by UncleAyo: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Here is what I found on wikipedia:

Joseph Ayo Babalola (25 April 1904 – 26 July 1959) was a Nigerian Christian minister and the leader of the Christ Apostolic Church, popularly called CAC in Nigeria. His followers claimed that he had healing powers.

In 1931 Faith Tabernacle affiliated with The Apostolic Church with general headquarters in the United Kingdom (not British Apostolic Church, as erroneously stated by some authors). Following a schism in The Apostolic Church around 1940, Babalola went with a group led by Pastors J.B. Akinyele and D.O. Odubanjo to form an independent church, Christ Apostolic Church (CAC), where he continued his healing and evangelism until his death.

The CAC regards Babalola as an apostle, although he was not ordained into that office. A CAC retreat center was built at Ipo Arakeji, Osun State where Babalola was called in 1928. However, Babalola was not the sole founder of CAC as many claim, but one of three founders.

The Christ Apostolic Church outlived Babalola and grew rapidly, with many churches under the CAC name. Each church has a specific branch name. Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU) a private Nigerian university is located in Ipo Arakeji and Ikeji-Arakeji. Two neighbouring communities in Osun State, established by the Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide are named after him, located where he claimed he was called by God in 1928.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Ayo_Babalola

(1) (Reply)

Biblical Literalism And Mental Psychosis-- HELL / Things I Discovered About The Average Christian Since I Gave My Life To Christ / Fighting In Church Is Satanic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.