Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today (28796 Views)

Police Commission 'Pencils-Down' 37 Ex-SARS Officers For Dismissal / Ban On Foreign Trip: Ihedioha Excluded, IPOB Pencils Down 4 Governors For Attack / Tinubu Pencils Down Justice Abang As CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by IPG25(m): 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
It is well
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by Harrynight(m): 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
blaise26abj:
This is a good one . Let the old , compromised generals that have fed fat on the insurgency go and let new, fresh bloods get promoted . I am sure this is the move of Nuhu Ribadu . Let the ones ready to impress and prove themselves step in .

There was a release that there was great pressure on Tinubu not to make Ribadu the NSA . Seems the generals were trying to continue business as usual .

The newly promoted will also be compromised so long as money will be involved
My brother corruption in this country can not be controlled or eliminated.
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by blaise26abj(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
Harrynight:

The newly promoted will also be compromised so long as money will be involved
My brother corruption in this country can not be controlled or eliminated.

I understand your point but It is better to try new hands and put in anti corruption measures than to try to change old, corrupt ones .

Besides corruption CAN never be eliminated . It can only be reduced when there are severe penalties . Even China with capital punishment for corruption still has corruption cases

1 Like

Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by Harrynight(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2023
blaise26abj:

I understand your point but It is better to try new hands and put in anti corruption measures than to try to change old, corrupt ones .

Besides corruption CAN never be eliminated . It can only be reduced when there are severe penalties . Even China with capital punishment for corruption still has corruption cases

I support whatever adjustment needed so long as it will help curtail insecurities

1 Like

Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by zicoraads: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2023
Berthem:
It's been said that there are already too many generals. Why must our things be different in this country
It has been said by who?
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by zeuss: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
Efisimilala:

Why will they be there are they Nigerians, are they not Biafrans?

Animal speaks.
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by crossbreedwears(m): 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Do you know how many Generals we have in Indian Army??
Berthem:
It's been said that there are already too many generals. Why must our things be different in this country
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by crossbreedwears(m): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
Across the armed forces and not just army. W even small sef. Do you want me to break it down for you? Infanty, Artillery, Amor, Signal, Military Police, Intelligent, Ordnance, Supply and Transport, Education and engineers have more than 2 Major General Each. Now imagine if we add brigadier General.....I sweaf 50 small across armed forces
Starships4u:
They have started this crazz again....
50 generals that one appointment would flush out same time?

2 Likes

Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by crossbreedwears(m): 9:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
Mr Oga, we are in 21th century. It's in the book of armed forces that once new service chiefs are appointed his seniors will be retired.
Why did you think Major General Shehu Yar'adua and the likes of TY Danjuma retired when Obasanjo handed over to a civilian?? Bros, na normal thing na why the Generals no complain. The happy ones are the Major Generals why the Bri-Gen who were expecting promtion won't be happy due to early retirement.
joshjc:
Retiring so many top ranking military officers is not good for our armed forces,one of the reason for the setback the Soviets faced during WW2 was because of the purges done by stalin in the red army

2 Likes

Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by bellabello(m): 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2023
lessonotes:
John 14 v 6 - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

that was for Israeli only, i have many evidences from your bible. first check Mathew 15 : read it from 22
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by bigcee(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2023
GOFRONT:
I know some men are somewhere right now bleeping recklessly now oo.......when their preeq catch infection, dem go snap rotten pics of preeq com upload for here to spoil our eye say make we help with remedy.

Randy guys be warned and if u cant be warned, be careful.
Lwkmd 😂😂😂

Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by thisisit: 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2023
Their real boss (ISWAP & Boko Haram) need to approve or they are DOA
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by XAUBulls: 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
2mercy:

https://dailytrust.com/military-pencils-down-over-50-names-for-promotion-as-generals-bow-out-today/
Journalism has really gone to the dogs!

The level of poorly constructed English that the Editor of this newspaper allowed to get published for public reading is horrendous! This is how young students (even adults) fail their final year exams because they read the wrong spelling errors in the daily newspapers.

Majors-General, Brigadiers-General, and Lieutenants-General are the CORRECT SPELLINGS and designations of those military ranks, NOT the trash the Editor allowed to get published here.

I'm surprised that non of the readers of this NL thread pointed the spelling errors in the published military ranks out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by MindHacker9009(m): 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
Major generals (United States) - The total number of active duty general officers is capped at 231 for the Army, 62 for the Marine Corps, and 198 for the Air Force.

Wikipedia
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_general_(United_States)
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by discusant: 12:20am On Jul 04, 2023
2mercy:

https://dailytrust.com/military-pencils-down-over-50-names-for-promotion-as-generals-bow-out-today/

Train, pay, keep and retire men and women in the armed forces of Nigeria to keep the most dysfunctional country on earth favoring only the colonial masters and Arewa region of Nigeria, to remain one, despite the obvious inadequacies of one Nigeria; that's what the Nigeria armed forces are for.
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by Quicksilver5: 12:41am On Jul 04, 2023
grin
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by joshjc(m): 2:01am On Jul 04, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Mr Oga, we are in 21th century. It's in the book of armed forces that once new service chiefs are appointed his seniors will be retired.
Why did you think Major General Shehu Yar'adua and the likes of TY Danjuma retired when Obasanjo handed over to a civilian?? Bros, na normal thing na why the Generals no complain. The happy ones are the Major Generals why the Bri-Gen who were expecting promtion won't be happy due to early retirement.
mention top military's that retire their top generals almost every year or 2
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by adioolayi(m): 3:38am On Jul 04, 2023
That's the problem....MUST dey be a General before they can head whatever positions

Must we promote them because they want to fill vacant positions...or we promote them to the next rank because they are due for promotion

If the report of Nigeria Military having to retire about 100 generals is true...then, maybe the rank "General" is overrated and should be checked.
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by adefitim(m): 9:14am On Jul 04, 2023
OP, where are the 50 names?
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by Hotwest: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2023
adefitim:
OP, where are the 50 names?
Ongoing scrutinization
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by gloriana(f): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2023
FuckTheMod:
WITH THE LEVEL OF INSECURITIES AND THE WAY BANDITS AND KIDNAPPERS HAVE BEEN KILLING PEOPLE, ABSOLUTELY NO MILITARY PERSSONEL DESERVE ANY PROMOTION. . ESPECIALLY THE CORRUPT AND USELESS GENERALS.
INSTEAD, THEY DESERVE TO BE SACKED OR RETIRED.

Bunch of useless people.
useless people with useless government and useless presidents
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by crossbreedwears(m): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2023
Do you understand the policy, codes and conducts of the armed forces??
joshjc:
mention top military's that retire their top generals almost every year or 2
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by joshjc(m): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2023
crossbreedwears:
Do you understand the policy, codes and conducts of the armed forces??
I asked you to mention any serious nation retiring so many top ranking officers at once, most countries already have idea of who will be the next service after those in office,while here we appoint for personal and political reasons
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by crossbreedwears(m): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
Must we copy from another senior nation? Can't we create out own law? Their is going to be promotion to fill up the retired generals and also we still have many generals even with the retirement case. You're not in the military which is why you don't understand my point.

Let me give you a story that happened in Owode. There is a particular Engineers unit which the commander is a brigadier General while the GOC is his junior in terms of years of service and because the GOC has appoint and rank over him, they do have issues all the time. When the immediate past COAS visited the unit for a projdct, Omo GOC washed the brigadier General in front of COAS despite the GOC being his junior oh. To cut the story short, he has been retired because he of the policy, codes and conduct of the armed forces. These laws favours some while others suffers. In fact, the brigadier general is couse mate to immediate past COAS. If an officer has gotten to the rank of Brigadier General or Major General, he or she should know retirement can come up anytime.

Another scenario....The immediate past Commander of Nigeria Defense Academy is course mate to Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya, the monent Yahaya was retired by the President, every other of his course mate will retire too which affect him too depsite 33 years in service.

I can go on to give you more stories.
joshjc:
I asked you to mention any serious nation retiring so many top ranking officers at once, most countries already have idea of who will be the next service after those in office,while here we appoint for personal and political reasons
Re: Military Pencils Down Over 50 Names For Promotion As Generals Bow Out Today by YeyeBoyfriend: 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2023
When election wasn't won squarely and you're scared of a coup, so you ought to remove every top generals and install your boys so you can send them on any errands of your choice without anyone challenging you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crowd Hails Peter Obi As He Visits Jos, Plateau State Unannounced / Sen Andy Uba Defects To APC / PDP Expels Buruji Kashamu, Bayo Adebayo, Segun Sarki And Sanimu Sodipo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.