Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

How Ile-ife Missed Out From Being The Capital Of Osun State - ONIGEGEWURA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ile-ife Missed Out From Being The Capital Of Osun State - ONIGEGEWURA (355 Views)

Soldiers On High Alert In Abuja Over Reports Of Planned Attack On the Capital / Eclipse Of A Star: How Adegoke Adelabu Died By ONIGEGEWURA / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ile-ife Missed Out From Being The Capital Of Osun State - ONIGEGEWURA by SojWORLDWIDE(m): 6:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
“The President was twenty-five minutes late to dinner! But he showed up, surprisingly, driving himself, followed by several security agents in another vehicle. When the president walked through the front door at Cooper Road, he looked tired.

As we walked straight to the dining table, he sneezed twice and quickly apologised, reminding us that he had not had a good sleep for days because of the pressure from ‘various state agitators’! And to which Professor Soyinka quickly asked him: “Which states again? Are you creating new states?”

“Of course, Wole. Haven’t you been following the news? We ‘re creating new states, although we ‘re not quite sure yet how many. Nine? Maybe, ten new states”, the president retorted.

“Yes, of course, now I remember, which was why you promised the Ooni that Ile-Ife would be the capital of a new state! Which state would that be again?” Soyinka asked.

“Oh yes, we ‘re thinking of an Osun State which would be carved out of the present Oyo State! But I am not sure of Ife as capital,” the president replied, with a little wry smile.

“But how can you do that to the Ooni? I thought you gave him your word. Ibrahim, that man would never forgive you!” Soyinka added.

“But you see, Prof, we were going to make Ife the capital. Then someone close to me, and even close to the Ooni, also advised against it. So, we ‘re still at it. But let me ask my darling Sade here where she thinks we should situate the state capital,” the president said with a mischievous smile.

Sade, who had been busy overseeing the dishes being served, and hadn’t be following the conversation closely, quipped: “About what, sir? Which state, Sir?”

“About the capital of the new Osun State, which would include Ife, I believe, Ede and definitely, Osogbo,” the president, still beaming with a smile, replied.

“Well, as you know, Sir. Yemi and I are the Ooni’s chiefs; obviously, our preference would be Ile-Ife. But if you have decided against Ife, which would be a real pity, the next logical place would be Osogbo, since Osogbo has a railway station, a Steel Rolling Mill, and I think, a huge NEPA facility!” Sade added, to which the president quickly exclaimed: “Ah! That’s my girl!”

“Ah, ah! Ibrahim, you are not a nice person! After making up your mind about Osogbo, you make it look like the idea was Sade’s! You are not serious!” Soyinka pushed back, leading to prolonged laughter around the table.

CLICK TO READ MORE DETAILS:.

https://www.sojworldnews.com/how-ile-ife-missed-out-from-being-the-capital-of-osun-state-onigegewura/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/ondo-jimoh-ibrahim-urges-ailing-akeredolu-not-to-rush-home-for-resumption/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/anambra-student-who-inflates-her-jamb-results-to-become-overall-top-scorer-exposed/

*Kindly join SOJ WORLDWIDE ONLINE NEWS group for our credible news, if you have not joined any, share with friends>>>
https:///ICXR8LqlNu83zMEkRFVYAF

Re: How Ile-ife Missed Out From Being The Capital Of Osun State - ONIGEGEWURA by TemplarLandry: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2023
Re: How Ile-ife Missed Out From Being The Capital Of Osun State - ONIGEGEWURA by illicit(m): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
Ife is nearer to Oyo and Ondo states but smaller

Osogbo is bigger but that governors office at Abere is actually sitting on Ede land.

1 Like

Re: How Ile-ife Missed Out From Being The Capital Of Osun State - ONIGEGEWURA by achymmania: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
illicit:

Ife is nearer to Oyo and Ondo states but smaller

Osogbo is bigger but that governors office at Abere is actually sitting on Ede land.

Abere is Ede anyday anytime.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can't SE Governors & Ohanaeze Jointly Seek Ekpa's Arrest? / I Think It’s Time We Know In Nigeria That It’s Renewed Shege Forever Unless / Tinubu Should Not Increase Minimum Wage, Should Sack Nlc Worker On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.