Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,489 members, 7,854,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents (1201 Views)

Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road / Ogun: Abiodun Restates Commitment To Complete Roads Abandoned By Amosun / Fulani Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows After Sighting Vigilante In Anambra. Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by bestofnollywood: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2023
Lawyers representing Governor Dapo Abiodun at the Ogun State Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abeokuta were overwhelmed on Tuesday after sighting 6,375 documents presented by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Oladipupo Adebutu.

Adebutu, who rejected the declaration of Abiodun as winner of the March 18 governorship election held in the state, had filed a petition before the tribunal, alleging massive electoral irregularities and seeking the invalidation of the poll results.

At the resumed sitting on Tuesday, the petitioner's counsel, Chief Goody Uche (SAN), presented schedules of documents filed on behalf of his client on June 3 but the defence counsel struggled to force adjournment after sighting the deluge of documents.

The schedule was said to contain 98 pages with over 6,375 documents.

In an apparent bid to stall Adebutu's documents and tactically cause some delay, Abiodun's lawyers led by Kehinde Ogunwunmiju Esq, claimed the numbers of document pages were too enormous for them to be check page by page.

However, the petitioner's counsel insisted that the senior members of the defence team should leave their junior counterparts in court to do the needful while they return to court tomorrow (Wednesday) to continue the normal hearing.

According to Uche, there was nothing to scrutinize in the documents by the respondents as they were only plotting some gimmick.

He further expressed readiness to start bringing witnesses from Wednesday if the documents tendering was delayed but the respondents again indicated lack of preparedness.

At this point, the courtroom experienced some silence and, subsequently, consultations among the various counsel.

The panel asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and other respondents in the matter if they were tendering any documents from the bar but INEC claimed its documents were limited.

The court, therefore, insisted the commission should tender the few documents it intends to tender.

On their part, Abiodun's counsel said they can only tender theirs until when the petitioner documents were seen.

The court eventually ruled and gave 48 hours for harmonization and reconciliation on the delaying matters till Thursday.

https://applesbite.com/dapo-abiodun-jittery-as-lawyers-beg-for-adjournment-when-adebutu-tenders-6375-documents-in-evidence/

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by DynamicWriter(f): 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2023

Dapo doesn't deserve re-election if his first-term performance is put into consideration.

But since Nigeria election is all about the people you know and the power you wield, this is not a surprise.

In case anyone needs a quality content writer, kindly check my signature for contact details.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by researcherdotcom(m): 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
Hail my Jesus, Ebube.... Ebube igwe
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by Writingpresiden: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Ok this one jpo
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by Jostoman: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2023
The way Dapo open his mouth now that is how he will vomit Adebutu mandate.

APC Candidate and Stealing of Peoples mandate are like bread and butter.

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by totit: 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
Yes, I have no problem with APC but that Dapo so? He has no business governing a state at all. angry

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by fuckingAyaya(m): 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2023
Obi is coming

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by Adurax: 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2023
This one mean Dapo oo
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by Solsix(m): 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2023
totit:
Yes, I have no problem with APC but that Dapo so? He has no business governing a state at all. angry
I thought anything APC present is ok
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by totit: 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2023
Solsix:

I thought anything APC present is ok

I thought anything LP present is perfect and ok too?
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by WorldRichest: 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2023
Which of the Adebutus? Is it the one on the run who has been declared wanted by the Nigerian Police Force or another one?
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by Kooldon(f): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
I was at the Governor's Office. I shouted Oladipupo Adebutu submitted 6,375 document in court and The Governor started sweating profusely.
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by inoki247: 5:16pm On Jul 04, 2023
The Dapo guy na waste...

Ogun state no jus get luck..
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by Mrtaye: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2023
Kooldon:
I was at the Governor's Office. I shouted Oladipupo Adebutu submitted 6,375 document in court and The Governor started sweating profusely.
Wow are you from Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by Shikini: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Dapo did not win
Re: Ogun: Abiodun's Defence Collapses After Sighting Adebutu’s 6,375 Documents by hedonido: 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2023
Shikini:
Dapo did not win

Neither did Tinubu.

(1) (Reply)

Update: CSU Begins Collation of Tinubu’s Academic Records For Hand Over To Atiku / Whitehouse Meal: Is Peter Obi Wrong Or Right? / Biography Of Richard Adeoriokin A Us-based Professor Killed In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.