Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? (70462 Views)

Jagua: Do You Remember This Late Actor? / Do You Remember This Old Nigerian Advert? (Video) / NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by alfredilly: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
Tokunbo Ajai died suddenly while she was still young on the screen around year 2000. I guess she was unmarried yet. Her death was a shock to many but some rumour later emerged about how she probably died after a hard-to-take humiliating experience. Some say she was raped by armed robber. That conflict with what I heard earlier though. Rumour had it that she was on a date with the billionaire Igbinedon, popularly called Okada and father of then Edo state governor. The man who was said to derive pleasure in humiliating women for reason best known to him asked Tokunbo Ajai to come out of the room naked. Unbeknownst to the lady, Chief Igbinedon already had his prominent associate seated outside, or probably in the living room. The lady took it for a fun and appeared before a large gathering unclad. Being a well known person too, that was too difficult for her to take and she committed suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Yoighaman(m): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2023
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by phemmyfour: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Anti Chisom from Super sports is looking at you one kind....
When did DStv start? Chisom na baby.

After Modèle na Aisha Falode (mama sport) of AIT
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Justiceleague1: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
Fame1309:
How is Frank olise?I so much love the he presents program at that time.
I think he is late...
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by fx45(m): 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2023
Racoon:
Modele Sarafa-Yusuf, Fatima Abbas-Hassan, Eugenia Abu, and Ruth Onyia were my favourites back then. These woman were real amazons. Ruth Onyia + Cyril Stober combo on NTA network news used to be a bum. Where is Elizabeth Banu?

Good one @ that alongside Akinloye Oyebanji on NTA sports. Yes I think former governor Ibikunle Amosun appointed her sports commissioner in Ogun State. Nostalgic good old days I tell you sir.
Tokunboh Ajayi is late... Suicide
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Bizibi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, I recall that too, and I also recall that people were grumbling about how bad the economy was, and how good things were in the 1970's and 60's...like how bread cost 50 kobo in 1978.

That snack you spent N20 for, some fifteen years earlier would have cost less than N1, maybe N5.

Nigeria has never been quite prosperous.
Nigeria was prosperous then the only big problem was the military regimes and their decree rules. It was in obj administration I got to even know about our refineries and they were all working well. I still remember using connects in warri refinery to supply Diesel.

Nigerians just love complaining but living in the 90's was stress free, Nigerians were contented with life. I can still remember my mother building our house in 1990 and the money was not even up to 10,000 naira,that house is 120 million naira now even our neighbor that we met in 1990 have sold their own for 100 million naira. Abeg Nigeria do spoil....

1 Like

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by alfredilly: 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2023
fx45:
Tokunboh Ajayi is late... Suicide
Tokunbo Ajai died suddenly while she was still young on the screen around year 2000. I guess she was unmarried yet. Her death was a shock to many but some rumour later emerged about how she probably died after a hard-to-take humiliating experience. Some say she was raped by armed robber. That conflict with what I heard earlier though. Rumour had it that she was on a date with the billionaire Igbinedon, popularly called Okada and father of then Edo state governor. The man who was said to derive pleasure in humiliating women for reason best known to him asked Tokunbo Ajai to come out of the room naked. Unbeknownst to the lady, Chief Igbinedon already had his prominent associate seated outside, or probably in the living room. The lady took it for a fun and appeared before a large gathering unclad. Being a well known person too, that was too difficult for her to take and she committed suicide
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by gannod(m): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2023
thatigboman:
is he a lady?

cheesy cheesy cheesy. Nairaland and comedy na 5 & 6.
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by alfredilly: 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2023
Bizibi:
Nigeria was prosperous then the only big problem was the military regimes and their decree rules. It was in obj administration I got to even know about our refineries and they were all working well. I still remember using connects in warri refinery to supply Diesel.

Nigerians just love complaining but living in the 90's was stress free, Nigerians were contented with life. I can still remember my mother building our house in 1990 and the money was not even up to 10,000 naira,that house is 120 million naira now. Abeg Nigeria do spoil....

Our refineries had stated having problem during the later years of military. PDP regime monitored there degenerations.
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Bizibi(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
alfredilly:

Our refineries had stated having problem during the later years of military. PDP regime monitored there degenerations.
the refineries were working well then nor be em say em say,obj administration messed it up at the end of the administration. The last time I heard about warri refinery was 2007.
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by natureblack(m): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
Billionaire2:
Fatima Abbas Hassan & Cyril Stober for daily 9o’clock Network news
Frank Olizeh for weekend News Line

How time flys
Time truly flew,at a record speed.

Remember Rent-a-ghost , Dr Who, Circles Night,Secret of the sands (Rachel n Ruth), The rich also cry,Ripples, Masquerade etc.

Life was simple.

Modified; Who still remembers the music video by JUNIOR N PRETTY- BOLANLE ?

3 Likes

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Kog45(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
Throwback:
She was Tokunbo Ajai not Ajayi.
A sister to Taiwo Ajai Lycett
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by alfredilly: 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2023
Bizibi:
the refineries were working well then nor be em say em say,obj administration messed it up at the end of the administration. The last time I heard about warri refinery was 2007.
They were working but degenerating. That continued rapidly due to neglect and by the end of Obasanjo tenure, not much was left. Even till date, Warri refineries still produce oil, but they are at minimum capacity
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by iyaamoke: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2023
baralatie:

I think banu is now married to Cyril stober

I thought Efunseke Merrimen-Johnson married Cyril Stobet
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Kog45(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2023
alfredilly:
It was Sienne Alwell Brown that was rumored to have dated Chief Igbinedon not Tokunbo Ajai.

1 Like

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by alfredilly: 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2023
Kog45:
A sister to Taiwo Ajai Lycett
Really, so Tokunbo Ajai was a sister to Taiwo Ajayi-Lycett I recently saw that woman on NTA executive discourse program and I was moved by her experience cos I never knew her Do you know that another queen of the screen on NTA now is Ololade Adeniji-Adele, the host of that show called executive discourse?
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by alfredilly: 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2023
Kog45:
It was Sienne Alwell Brown that was rumored to have dated Chief Igbinedon not Tokunbo Ajai.
I heard that story about Tokunbo Ajayi after her death. And did the story concur with Alwelll Brown. My mum made me know that woman. I didn't grow up to know her
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by LZAA: 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2023
Evelett:
Please if anybody can help me with a little money to cook something to eat I will be very happy. Pls to feed is a verg big problem for my family please no matter how little, it will go a long way. Have not eaten any thing since yesterday morning pls. My father is retired and my mom is late. I'm a single mom with my own son to feed, the small money that I make have used it to cater for my dad illness and pay our houserent but his health is getting worse. We can't even eat or buy water to drink anymore. Pls if you are reading this message kindly come to our aid pls, no matter how small it will help a long way pls. Almighty God meet you at the point of your needs as you have shown us mercy, amen.

Acct num:
Faithh
First Bank
Stop online begging
Everyone works hard for a living
Also creating multiple accounts to generate likes for your post is quite frankly distasteful
Ask for job opportunities and you will get help
The people you are asking for money,if they resorted to online bambiala like you,you won't see a penny
Just stop

3 Likes

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by vRendoh(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2023
Sienne Allwell Brown
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Parizz: 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Banging them to stupor

Milf puna dey sweet die
i bang one milf so hard. She cum cry say suck my pucy. Have you sucked b4

1 Like

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Minatouchiha(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Banging them to stupor

Milf puna dey sweet die

Bang your mother. Eediot. You nor get sense. Pig.

If Nairaland like, let them ban me sef. I don't care. But it can never, ever be well with you. Eediot.

1 Like

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by baralatie(m): 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2023
iyaamoke:

I thought Efunseke Merrimen-Johnson married Cyril Stobet
Cyril and efunseke divorced and she moved to the UK.
Next thing we heard was Cyril wed banu
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by EyenIbibio1: 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2023
Chenzy:
TOKUNBO AJAYI…I know then

Toks is late
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by sacajawea: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
oweniwe:
List is incomplete without Mariam Anazodo
What of that Gold something lady
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by jnrbayano(m): 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2023
Akinloye Oyebanji
Hameed Adiu
Abrahman Ibn Mohammed
Ernest Afiesimama
Modupe Ogunwale
Ishiaku Ibrahim
Segun Adiriye
Kerian Umeayo
Adebayo Jimoh
Nansel Nimyel
Tokumbo Ajayi
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by sacajawea: 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
Svoboda:

Abike always crying on newsline.

Tokunboh ajayis unfortunate death.

Romke ayuba was very beautiful.

Siene allwell brown was beautiful. I remember when she changed her name to siene razaq. It got tongues wagging in the gossip circuit. I dont think that marriage worked. She soon reverted back to allwell brown.

Ruth benemesia was pretty too. I remembered when her hubby, eric opia was declared wanted during the ompadec days for a 1b naira fraud.

Modele sharafa .
All of them were all very Pretty
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by sacajawea: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
descartes400:
There use to be one TINA among them, I can't remember her last name now...very beautiful lady!
All of them were all Fine.. maybe they were carefully chosen and Deliberate about that aspect
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by sukkot: 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
nedekid:

Yes oh. Hoodlums broke into her home in Abuja.
The hoodlums were caught later over another crime. They mentioned places they had raided and raped. One of the place called called out was ajayis residence. They said they raped her too.
The expose was too much, feel into depression. Quietly flew aboard. Took her life.
what year ?
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2023
baralatie:

I think banu is now married to Cyril stober

She is
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by nedekid: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2023
sukkot:
what year ?
If I remember right, year 2000.
Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by lexy2014: 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2023
oweniwe:
List is incomplete without Mariam Anazodo

Mariam Anazodo na new generation. She isn't the generation of the ladies mentioned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 1970-90s? by Sadonyx: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2023
Watching Modele Sarafa-Yusuf those days as small as I was gets me horn*y..I don't know why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians Marvel At NTA's Sudden Revitalization / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV / BBNaija: Miracle And Nina Have Sex 'Birthday Sex Gift"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.