Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

How To Be Successful: Know These - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Be Successful: Know These (122 Views)

Do Not Start Amazon Kdp Business If You Don’t Know These 15 Facts About It. / How To Be Successful In Affiliate Marketing. / How To Be Successful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Successful: Know These by IamPlato(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2023
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE

What you are about to read is not like every other success write-up you use to know; it's high time we spit the truth...

What do you understand success to be?

Success for me could be having a billion dollars in my account, success for you could be your achievements in changing the lives of people every step of the way, and success for others could be the number of awards they achieved...
Our definition of success differs greatly, just as our strategies for achieving it differs

The very first step in getting the spirit of success is to first define your own success. What do you want to achieve? Is it money, awards, changing lives, women, or estates? Define it... with a definition, you have a road map on which you plan.

You must also understand that you must first succeed with little things before you can succeed with bigger things...

Now let’s be very plain here...

The road to success is very bleeped up; not a smooth ride... they tell you success is like climbing up a ladder... sorry bro you have been lied to... the road to success is scary, full of traps and bombs, water and fire, enemies upon enemies, trust and betrayals, jumping and diving, running and hiding...
There are certain things you must understand so you don’t get frustrated in your pursuit of success
1. No one is going to fix you, you got to fix yourself
2. You must accept yourself the way you are
3. Life will never be perfect
4. Those who complain must achieve less
5. No one has it all figured out
6. Enemies will accumulate
7. You are not special
8. Being too kind is a weakness
9. Success is not achieved by hard work

1. NO ONE IS GOING TO FIX YOU, YOU GOT TO FIX YOURSELF
Not one person will fix you, you alone will build your success tower as you encounter increasing challenges. No one will fix you because everyone is busy fighting their own battle, they don’t care how difficult your life is because they have theirs to worry about.
For success to be reached you must kill the entitlement mentality, no one owes you anything, and you are not entitled to any share/part of anybody’s wealth, not even your parents

2. YOU MUST ACCEPT YOURSELF THE WAY YOU ARE
They say we are all beautifully and fearfully made... yes some people are unattractive or scary to look at and they owe you no apology about it. The reason is that the real you doesn't start from your face but your mind. Do you have a problem with your looks? You are feeling unattractive? Well then feel free to have facial surgery, or change your skin color but I promise you that every time you look in the mirror, the first thing your mind tells you is “This can never be you”... you can change your face but not who you are.
Low self-esteem is a curse that needs to be fought out of one’s mind if you wish to be successful because of you do nothing about it, it will breed and reproduce in your mind and get you tied to your comfort zone

3. LIFE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT
As a film director, one of the lessons you learn is that you cannot always have what you want. I know many of us picture a perfect success, maybe a full luxurious house, expensive cars, and super gadgets... success is step by step until the end, you cannot always have it all, and what you picture may not be exactly what you will get. Even if you get it all, from luxury houses to expensive fast cars to super gadgets, you surely wouldn’t have time for some of these things which will end up lying hardly used or touched; life will never be perfect but it can always be better

4. THOSE WHO COMPLAIN MOST ACHIEVE LESS
The same thing applies to those who boast most... actions are better appreciated than words.
Since when has complaining solved problems, the best complains can do for you is advance into lamentations and attract sympathy for you because that is all you deserve. Stop complaining and do something about your problems because if you don’t, no one will

5. NO ONE HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT
In the road map of success, there are lots of puzzles to be solved, some you would solve, some will take a while, but there are some you will never figure out; at this point do not waste much time on this part of life because if you do, you would prolong your success time and still wouldn’t figure them out
How do I end corruption?
How do I deal with evil?
How do I eradicate poverty?
How do I make the world love me?
How can I be the best?
How do I succeed without offending others?
Save yourself the trouble and move on with your life...

6. ENEMIES WILL ACCUMULATE#
Whether you believe it or not, your success will become a thorn to some other person. In life there is the ongoing competition of greatness, this is a struggle that will never end; just as you can’t walk through the bushes without stepping on the grasses, you can’t walk through success without stepping on toes or getting in other people’s way... the higher you climb, the more your enemies...

7. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL
You could be intelligent, and smart, and you could be lucky with opportunities but never proclaim yourself special in mind or in words. There are thousands who are better than you, you are only privileged and not special. The same cancer that killed that guy can also kill you, the same accident that killed that girl can also kill you, you fall from the 5th floor you get broken to pieces, you get bitten by a venomous snake you die.
You are nothing but just a man working to enjoy life just like others

8. BEING TOO KIND IS A WEAKNESS
“Bro please can I borrow your laptop?”
“I’m sorry you can’t”
“Please, bro... I need to get this project done”
“I don’t give out my office... this is where I do my business”
“So you can’t help a brother”
“Sorry, I can’t... go to a cyber cafe”...
What if you give out your laptop and it gets stolen, what would you do?
Too much of everything is bad... if you give women too much h attention, you will begin to look like shit to them.
If you do not know how to say “No” you become used by others who would take advantage of your kindness
You must learn to say “NO” when it's necessary and it must be confidently and firmly...
Saying yes to every Tom, Dick, and Harry can lead to your own detriment and get you off the success track

9. SUCCESS IS NOT ACHIEVED BY HARD WORK
The truth is, not everyone will make it in life, this is because many are busy working hard and not smart

Do you want to be a CEO? Do you want to be the boss? Then you must quit working hard and start working smart.
If hard work is the road to success, bricklayers, conductors, and street hawkers will all be rich because these people are hard workers
I knew of a woman who owned a large fashion firm with over 20 employees but funny enough she doesn't know how to pedal a sewing machine... hard workers will forever remain employees and not employers.

You cannot be a CEO if you are not smart

I pity slothful people; if hard workers are still struggling to get out of poverty I wonder what would be the fate of the lazy man

For every success you define, there are techniques and strategies to achieving them but you must also understand the essence of PATIENCE...

Source: www.facebook.com/danielbomabrown

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crude Oil Prices Rise 2% As Market Weighs Supply Cuts / Nigerian Entrepreneur Launch Digital Marketing And Research Agency (Alphabeticc) / How To Make Money Online In 2023 With Zero Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.