Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 (25171 Views)

Ronaldo To Adorn The iconic No 7 Shirt, as Cavani takes No 21 / Di Maria: Man United’s Iconic No. 7 Shirt Had No Special Meaning To Me / Shola Shoretire, 14-year-old Is Manchester United Youngest Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by baralatie(m): 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2023
obaidan:

60m euros with just a year left on his contract..I think chelsea got the better deal, for a player that doesn't want to play for chelsea anymore, has just 1 year left on his contract....decent addition for manU but wouldn't even deliver as much as Mata did for United.....and 27 epl goals and 22 assists in 4 years are not gòod numbers, especially considering the fact that he has the highest number of appearances of any chelsea player in that period.
I don't think he was bought to man UTD to deliver goals o!
He was bought to man UTD to be an attack minded midfielder/wing player
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by abufadllullah(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

The number 7 is no longer iconic in Man U. Na Ronaldo carry am put for head

Modified
Before you tag me a hater, here is a list of all the people who wore it between Ronaldo in 2009 and Ronaldo 2021 and tell me the one that can be considered as a Man U legend

1. Michael Owen
2. Antonio Valencia
3. Angel Di Maria
4. Memphis Delay
5. Alexis Sanchez
6. Edinson Cavani
True, a united fan by heart. I must admit Man utd are way pass the Iconic No 7 era!
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by sprints1: 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
RealEzee:
chaii i feel for scott oo fred can go sef but u see d bruno if e like make e jonz dis coming season ,feeling too big in d team ,e won dey compete goals wif striker wasting chances
bro we United fans don dey suffer since 2012 ferguson damaged the team at that time there were many solid players we could have bought baba chose to sign older players and experiment. Up till now we never recover. I doubt ten hag can bench bruno he is the captain and when we lose he does not stand up to lift the team morale that's what I hate about him. Mason Mount is a good player but not what we need now. We need a combative midfielder who can shuttle both midfield and attack. I would have preferred caicedo or joao palinha. Caicedo especially is versatile can play RB CMF DMF and A
MF. And also a proper striker. Someone who can guarantee 25 goals someone like kane or osihmen but osihmen is black and they will freeze him out. They should break the bank for mbappe. Imagine mabappe rashford up front in a 3-5-2 system with casemiro and palinha or caicedo in midfield.

1 Like

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by mordred44: 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
Englishisamust:
Man u will win
Champions league next season. Mark my words
open your eyes na dream
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Sigmundbest: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2023
obembet:
Mason Mount handed the iconic shirt after becoming their first signing of the summer.

Mason Mount will take the No 7 at Manchester United. He wore the shirt for Chelsea youth teams.

Ten Hag key in selling the club's vision and project to the midfielder and outlining the important role he'll play

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CuT_h8zoEB2/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

2 Likes

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by phr0nesis(m): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
abufadllullah:

True, a united fan by heart. I must admit Man utd are way pass the Iconic No 7 era!
Exactly what I was trying to pass. After 2009, they have been assigning that number to whoever they feel like giving

1 Like

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Adakintroy: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
Its just a number. Chil people.

Walcott wear number 14 after Henry. Sleep still catch me.
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by frankson1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

Let me give you a list of all the people who wore it between Ronaldo in 2009 and Ronaldo 2021

1. Michael Owen
2. Antonio Valencia
3. Angel Di Maria
4. Memphis Delay
5. Alexis Sanchez
6. Edinson Cavani

Tell me who among these players can be considered man utd legends. Valencia and Cavani did well, but not at the level of those before them.
And you claiming I'm a Ronaldo hater, you can check my past comments and judge for yourself

This comment explains better unlike the one I quoted.

I agree with you on this.
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by 24SEVEN: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

Modified
Before you tag me a hater, here is a list of all the people who wore it between Ronaldo in 2009 and Ronaldo 2021 and tell me the one that can be considered as a Man U legend

1. Michael Owen
2. Antonio Valencia
3. Angel Di Maria
4. Memphis Delay
5. Alexis Sanchez
6. Edinson Cavani

No be small Delay. grin
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Omini247: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2023
This Man U jersey for next season fine oh
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by obaidan: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2023
baralatie:

I don't think he was bought to man UTD to deliver goals o!
He was bought to man UTD to be an attack minded midfielder/wing player
You are somewhat right, but these days teams are set up so midfielders can contribute a lot of goals...in a lot of cases much more than the striker...but I get ur point sha but I still think 22 assists for an attack minded midfielder that played almost every game apart from last season is a bit low, a very good addition for united though, and ofcourse good value for chelsea too considering what that money is bringing into their team
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by porthouse7(f): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2023
Who come remain for Chelsea
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by phr0nesis(m): 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2023
24SEVEN:

No be small Delay. grin
😁😁
Maybe autocorrect
How you take sight am sef. Me wey get comment no see am until you point am out
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Monday60655(m): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
obembet:

Who be this one

He just stated an obvious fact. Be dey asking rhetorical!

1 Like

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by OChimex: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2023
Englishisamust:
Man u will win

We should only mark what you smoked

1 Like

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Stanweezy(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

Please understand me first. I said "no longer." Meaning it used to be iconic before because a player would have to prove himself before that number would be assigned to him, but since 2009, they just hand that number to whoever they please

And that number keep tormenting such player, read between lines, such number comes with great expectations and such leads to pressure
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by messenger4891: 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
No 7 has nothing to do with club rather individual character and contribution in the pitch .

The number 7 is iconic .

1 Like

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by saajus: 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
I am a Chelsea fan, but I think this is an insult to David Beckham and C Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Caseless: 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2023
I hate our coach. I can't believe Man united conceded the highest number of goals in history against liverpool, our biggest rivals, under this man.

1 Like

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Caseless: 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2023
OChimex:

We should only mark what you smoked
grin grin grin
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2023
kiss
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Emola12(m): 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2023
Dey for give Sancho the number 7 maybe he go dey serious with the ball the way he did for Dortmund aswear
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Frankaka8(m): 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2023
Englishisamust:
Man u will win
winners chapel
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Innobee99(m): 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

Modified

1. Michael Owen
2. Antonio Valencia
3. Angel Di Maria
4. Memphis Depay
5. Alexis Sanchez
6. Edinson Cavani
Absolutely None

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by HomeTutorsPro: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
Englishisamust:
Man u will win
✅✅✅✅YOUR WORD
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by Agent17th: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
phr0nesis:

Modified

1. Michael Owen
2. Antonio Valencia
3. Angel Di Maria
4. Memphis Depay
5. Alexis Sanchez
6. Edinson Cavani

I think Valencia has a shout at being a legend. He was good. The rest na flops
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by demoBaba: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
This one Chelsea just dey sell their players i hope no problem grin

Them want recover.
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by phr0nesis(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2023
Agent17th:

I think Valencia has a shout at being a legend. He was good. The rest na flops
I agree. I actually said that when I replied some of those who quoted me earlier on
Re: Mason Mount Is Manchester United’s New No.7 by MightySparrow: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
I
Englishisamust:
Man u will win

Future Impossible Tense
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adama Traore Joining Barcelona On Loan Is A Done Deal / Kane, Van Diyk, Neuer, Others Bow To FIFA; Will Not Put On The One Love Armband / Messi named in PSG squad for Reims Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.