Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,983 members, 7,866,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. (3957 Views)

Appeal Court Already Dismissed Peter Obi Disqualification / Appeal Court Dismisses APM Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification / PDP Sues INEC, APC, LP, Seeks Tinubu, Obi’s Disqualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. by aswani(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2023
Penguin2:

And INEC, Tinubu and APC put up an overwhelming defence?

Morning Penguin2, it's a court of law, not a debating panel where the one with the best argument wins.

That's why the petitioner goes first, so the respondent can defend against any worthy allegations made against them.

Another analogy, this time in football. A penalty is given to Enugu Rangers in a match against Sporting Lagos, all the other players wait outside the box for the Peter the striker to take it against Bola the keeper.

He does and it hits the bar and comes back in play, the Sporting Lagos players including the keeper now have to work hard and rush to clear the ball away.

On the other hand, Peter takes the penalty so badly that it goes for a throw in, Sporting Lagos players don't need to do anything but laugh at Peter's pathetic attempt.
Re: Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. by Jogs1900: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2023
123papas:
Assuming the Obi is disqualified, does it mean we would have 6.1million invalid votes which could lead to cancellation of the election and a rerun between Atiku and Tinubu
Honestly , its tricky..Nigeria is too broke to conduct another election and the judges are aware of this.They will consider many things in their judgement.I don't think the court will call for a rerun.
Re: Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. by fergie001: 9:22am On Jul 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Oh well!

We await the judgment of the judges.

But like I told Garfield, even if Obi’s chance is 1% and Tinubu’s own is 99%, I will hold onto that 1% until the final whistle, and nobody can convince me otherwise.
It's good to keep hopes alive.

But for me, like I said in May last year and later in Feb, no chance for Tinubu leaving there.
Re: Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. by Penguin2: 11:11am On Jul 08, 2023
fergie001:
It's good to keep hopes alive.

But for me, like I said in May last year and later in Feb, no chance for Tinubu leaving there.
And like I continue to reiterate, I hold a contrary view with you on this.

There’s a chance for Tinubu to be sacked. It might be slim, but it’s there.

Remember when we had similar argument about Abia governorship election…. I told you Otti would win and you argued he had no chance because of where he’s from and because of his poor choice of running mate, and that Okey Ahiwe who became a candidate of PDP in about 3 weeks to the election would still win because of PDP’s structure in the state.

What later happened?

Now, though I cannot claim the sought of certainty I claimed about Otti’s election in this case, I refuse to believe there’s no chance.
Re: Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. by Penguin2: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2023
aswani:

Morning Penguin2, it's a court of law, not a debating panel where the one with the best argument wins.

That's why the petitioner goes first, so the respondent can defend against any worthy allegations made against them.

Another analogy, this time in football. A penalty is given to Enugu Rangers in a match against Sporting Lagos, all the other players wait outside the box for the Peter the striker to take it against Bola the keeper.

He does and it hits the bar and comes back in play, the Sporting Lagos players including the keeper now have to work hard and rush to clear the ball away.

On the other hand, Peter takes the penalty so badly that it goes for a throw in, Sporting Lagos players don't need to do anything but laugh at Peter's pathetic attempt.
But you and I know that the court of law is not a football field, neither can you compare what Obi’s lawyers did in court to a player who played the ball into throwing. You guys should quit with trying to simplify what is happening in court so you can prepare the ground for the judiciary to give flawed judgment.

Let’s take INEC for instance, apart from Obi claiming that INEC deliberately shutdown IREV to manipulate votes in favour of Tinubu, he’s also challenging results of the election in about 22 states. Obi is claiming he won Rivers and Benue outrightly. To buttress his claim, Obi submitted all the forms EC8As, EC8B, EC8C and EC8D for these states.

But what did INEC do? INEC only called a witness who spoke on IREV alone. The implication is that INEC accepted other allegations Obi hipped on them and that’s why they left it unchallenged. Not even a single witness from any of those states to tell the court that Obi’s claim is wrong.

Is that what you are trying to reduce to “playing penalty into throwing”?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. by aswani(m): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2023
Penguin2:

But you and I know that the court of law is not a football field, neither can you compare what Obi’s lawyers did in court to a player who played the ball into throwing. You guys should quit with trying to simplify what is happening in court so you can prepare the ground for the judiciary to give flawed judgment.

Let’s take INEC for instance, apart from Obi claiming that INEC deliberately shutdown IREV to manipulate votes in favour of Tinubu, he’s also challenging results of the election in about 22 states. Obi is claiming he won Rivers and Benue outrightly. To buttress his claim, Obi submitted all the forms EC8As, EC8B, EC8C and EC8D for these states.

But what did INEC do? INEC only called a witness who spoke on IREV alone. The implication is that INEC accepted other allegations Obi hipped on them and that’s why they left it unchallenged. Not even a single witness from any of those states to tell the court that Obi’s claim is wrong.

Is that what you are trying to reduce to “playing penalty into throwing”?

Obi's claims boils down to blurred IREV results, INEC can't defend that because that is true. However that is not enough to claim victory else Sowore will turn up to say he won those polling units and anarchy will be let loose.

There are no other allegations against INEC that are worth refutting. That INEC even called a witness still astounds me, same as APC. Honestly, we play too much in this country.
Re: Throwback: Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Seeking Obi’s Disqualification. by Penguin2: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
aswani:

Obi's claims boils down to blurred IREV results, INEC can't defend that because that is true. However that is not enough to claim victory else Sowore will turn up to say he won those polling units and anarchy will be let loose.

There are no other allegations against INEC that are worth refutting. That INEC even called a witness still astounds me, same as APC. Honestly, we play too much in this country.
Lol!

I think you are actually a funny character.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Nzeogwu Hero Or Villian! / Police Kill Six People At Buhari Rally In Jos / Civil Society March In Memory Of Fuel Protest Martyrs In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.