Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,428 members, 7,864,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:31 AM

Neglect Or Refuse My Demands And I Will Drag You To Court, Lawyer Threatens Jamb - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Neglect Or Refuse My Demands And I Will Drag You To Court, Lawyer Threatens Jamb (331 Views)

Nedu Wazobia’s Estranged Wife, Uzoamaka Cries Out Over Neglect, Debts, Homeless / Tonto Dikeh Faces Custody Palaver By Court Action Over Neglect Of Son In Abuja / Burna Boy Arrested By Police Over Mr 2Kay Robbery, To Be Charged To Court (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neglect Or Refuse My Demands And I Will Drag You To Court, Lawyer Threatens Jamb by DyshApp: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
A lawyer named Johnmary Maduakolam has issued a threat to sue the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, and the Board's management if they fail to apologize to Mmesoma Ejikeme, an Anambra pupil who was accused by JAMB of manually inflating her 2023 UTME result. In a letter addressed to Oloyede, the lawyer emphasized that Mmesoma was incapable of forging her own results and criticized JAMB for not protecting the girl's identity.

Identifying himself as Chief Johnmary Akachukwu Maduakolam, a legal practitioner and the President of Johnmary Akachukwu Maduakolam Initiative for Education, the lawyer expressed shock at the circular issued by JAMB, which accused Mmesoma Ejikeme, a minor and student of Anglican Girls Secondary School Nnewi, of faking JAMB scores to gain the attention of philanthropists. The lawyer argued that JAMB, under Oloyede's leadership, defamed the girl, subjected her to public humiliation, and failed to fulfill its obligations under the Child's Right Act.

According to reports, JAMB claimed that Ejikeme manually increased her UTME result from 249 to 362 and used the inflated score to secure a N3m scholarship from Innoson Motors, which was to be awarded by the Anambra state government before the incident came to light. In the lawyer's letter, he pointed out that information in the media suggested that JAMB, not the girl, might be responsible for issuing fake results. Even if the girl had forged her results, the lawyer asserted that the law provided her with certain protections as a child.

Maduakolam requested that Oloyede immediately retract the malicious publication against the girl, issue an unreserved apology, and take prompt action to alleviate the trauma caused by JAMB's conduct. He warned that if these demands were not met, he would file a lawsuit against Oloyede, and the costs would be borne by the JAMB Registrar. The lawyer's letter sought to advocate for the welfare of the child and hold JAMB accountable for its actions.

Is it possible that Mmesoma did not forge her result?

Get more updates from our real Talk Lounge join us now! (click the link below to join)

Re: Neglect Or Refuse My Demands And I Will Drag You To Court, Lawyer Threatens Jamb by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2023
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!!
aint she the one who went online claiming yeye nonsense?!? at the end of the day, SHE did bring up a fake result... nobody else, therefore whether SHE did it or got it from a fake website, SHE SOLELY SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR THIS SAGA!
Re: Neglect Or Refuse My Demands And I Will Drag You To Court, Lawyer Threatens Jamb by SAMBARRY: 6:01am On Jul 06, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!!
aint she the one who went online claiming yeye nonsense?!? at the end of the day, SHE did bring up a fake result... nobody else, therefore whether SHE did it or got it from a fake website, SHE SOLELY SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR THIS SAGA!
exactly

Aunty lawyer I am not saying you shouldn't do your job but make sure you KNOW THE TRUTH make you no go defend liar,actor or pretender.at the moment no one knows the genuine State of things make you no go put your name and integrity on the line for someone full of descrepeances
Re: Neglect Or Refuse My Demands And I Will Drag You To Court, Lawyer Threatens Jamb by DyshApp: 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!!

These days it's easy to forge anything especially in Nigeria, I don't see why Jamb would have to lie about the issue
Re: Neglect Or Refuse My Demands And I Will Drag You To Court, Lawyer Threatens Jamb by DyshApp: 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
After all she's 19

(1) (Reply)

Davido Is A Prophet Take It Or Leave It. / Woodberry Gets 14-years Term, To Be Deported / ‘please Enough With The Record-a-thons,’ Says Guinness World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.