Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) (1778 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) / 100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 11:58am On Jul 06, 2023
In line with the agenda of Mr Governor Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo’s agenda in curbing/slowing down erosion menace in the state, the Environmental Solution team sojourned on a fact-finding visit in some parts of the country

The Environmental solution team ably led by Mr Commissioner for Environment, Engr Dr Felix Odimegwu, visited a number of gully erosion sites in the country with a team of Civil Engineers and environmental experts from the ministry of environment,as well as Anambra State erosion, watersheds & climate change agency (ANSEWCCA) and Anambra state ministry of works respectively.

The mission is to ascertain, study and explore the eco-friendly, low-cost technology of using geosynthetic materials (polymeric products)) in the control of the various gully erosion sites in Nigeria

The Soludo’s Environmental team also ascertained the model used by ACE Geosynthetic construction company and was satisfied with the level of work done in the site and the use of geosynthetic materials in reclaiming vast areas of land lost due to erosion

Engr Chucks Agwalla, the CEO of ACE Geosynthetic who was part of the journey explained vividly on how the control process is being done from from start to finish, He also reiterated that devastated erosion areas reclaimed using geosynthethic materials can be converted to parks and tourist sites

Mr Commissioner for Environment also highlighted that the overwhelming situation of erosion site in our dear state Anambra has called for drastic measures, recall that Mr Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo had said in his various interviews that even if we put in our ten years ecological fund in remediating erosion sites, it will still be like dropping a cup of water in an ocean

“With what i have seen in this study mission, i am very optimistic that it will work in Anambra, it is not only cost effective but will foster recycling as geo synthetic materials are by-product of recycling” he added
https://.com.ng/2023/07/07/anambra-state-government-embarked-on-a-fact-finding-visit-to-various-controlled-gully-erosion-site-in-some-parts-state/
nlpfmod

1 Like

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Adurax: 11:59am On Jul 06, 2023
Nice one though

1 Like

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
More

1 Like

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by seanfer(m): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
Other states should learn from this.... We should all appreciate and encourage people when we see good things....

1 Like

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2023
More.

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Armaggedon: 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2023
When life throws you a lemon, you make a lemonade. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by donbachi(m): 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
I no dey see anything oo

2 Likes

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2023
Is it the same Anambra where erosion is dealing massively with the roads. Someone posted it check fp
Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Karlman: 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
Some people from a particular region will not like this gppd news!
I can even name them...
Dare me if you can...

1 Like

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
IconicR:
Is it the same Anambra where erosion is dealing massively with the roads. Someone posted it check fp
Pls can you mention your state I want to check something
Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2023
post=124249828:

Pls can you mention your state I want to check something
Why do you want to know my state. You are one of the major problems of Nairaland because you hawk tribal bigotry like bread

2 Likes

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Urheadmaster(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
Patronising tribalism also makes you a tribal bigots tongue
IconicR:
Why do you want to know my state. You are one of the major problems of Nairaland because you hawk tribal bigotry like bread
Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Patronising tribalism also makes you a tribal bigots tongue
Where did you see me patronizing tribalism
Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
IconicR:
Na you first attack my state, when I respond you start calling me tribal bigot

1 Like

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
post=124250268:

Na you first attack my state, when I respond you start calling me tribal bigot
That's not an attack, check front page and see for yourself.
Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
IconicR:
That's not an attack, check front page and see for yourself.
No state in Nigeria is free from natural disasters cases in Nigeria, that's why I asked for your state, western media over hype any negative News from East but covering their own, expert has warned but you hardly see them talk about the issue, if it was Southeast they will be singing it like Kenari

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
post=124250624:

No state in Nigeria is free from natural disasters cases in Nigeria, that's why I asked for your state, western media over hype any negative News from East but covering their own, expert has warned but you hardly see them talk about the issue, if it was Southeast they will be singing it like Kenari
You are very tribalistic sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
IconicR:
You are very tribalistic sha.
No wahala

1 Like

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by yarimo(m): 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
oya developers go back and develop it to international standard

1 Like

Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Chibuzoc(m): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2023
Haters are free to hate
Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nice one, these is smart of them.
Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Mindlog: 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
yarimo:
oya developers go back and develop it to international standard

After you have transformed your desert encroached region to international standard.😆😆😆
Re: See How Anambra Turned Erosion Site To Tourist Site(photos) by Anambra1stS0n: 5:54am On Jul 07, 2023
post=124249591:
In line with the agenda of Mr Governor Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo’s agenda in curbing/slowing down erosion menace in the state, the Environmental Solution team sojourned on a fact-finding visit in some parts of the country

The Environmental solution team ably led by Mr Commissioner for Environment, Engr Dr Felix Odimegwu, visited a number of gully erosion sites in the country with a team of Civil Engineers and environmental experts from the ministry of environment,as well as Anambra State erosion, watersheds & climate change agency (ANSEWCCA) and Anambra state ministry of works respectively.

The mission is to ascertain, study and explore the eco-friendly, low-cost technology of using geosynthetic materials (polymeric products)) in the control of the various gully erosion sites in Nigeria

The Soludo’s Environmental team also ascertained the model used by ACE Geosynthetic construction company and was satisfied with the level of work done in the site and the use of geosynthetic materials in reclaiming vast areas of land lost due to erosion

Engr Chucks Agwalla, the CEO of ACE Geosynthetic who was part of the journey explained vividly on how the control process is being done from from start to finish, He also reiterated that devastated erosion areas reclaimed using geosynthethic materials can be converted to parks and tourist sites

Mr Commissioner for Environment also highlighted that the overwhelming situation of erosion site in our dear state Anambra has called for drastic measures, recall that Mr Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo had said in his various interviews that even if we put in our ten years ecological fund in remediating erosion sites, it will still be like dropping a cup of water in an ocean

“With what i have seen in this study mission, i am very optimistic that it will work in Anambra, it is not only cost effective but will foster recycling as geo synthetic materials are by-product of recycling” he added
https://.com.ng/2023/07/07/anambra-state-government-embarked-on-a-fact-finding-visit-to-various-controlled-gully-erosion-site-in-some-parts-state/
nlpfmod
nlpfmod

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Ghana From Lagos / US Visa On-line Appointment Not Working / Lion Kills A Man In China! Oh My God, Lion Again??? See Video :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.