Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,162 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari (7469 Views)

Police Confirm Arrest Of Hudu Yunusa-Ari, Adamawa INEC REC / Buhari Approves Immediate Suspension Of Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari / INEC Suspends Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari, Names Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by fergie001: 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
PROSECUTION OF RESIDENT ELECTORAL COMMISSIONER, BARR. HUDU YUNUSA ARI

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) held its regular weekly meeting today, Thursday 6th July 2023, and discussed, among other issues, the progress with the prosecution of electoral offenders.

It would be recalled that at the meeting with the Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECS) two days ago on Tuesday 4th July 2023, the Commission confirmed the receipt of case files from the Nigeria Police following the conclusion of investigation into alleged electoral offences during the 2023 General Election, including the one involving the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) deployed to Adamawa State, Barr. Hudu Yunusa Ari. The Commission also assured Nigerians of immediate action on the matter.

As provided by Section 145(1) of the Electoral Act 2022, an offence committed under the Act shall be triable in a Magistrate Court or a High Court of a State in which the offence is committed, or the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Furthermore, Section 145(2) of the Act provides that a prosecution under the Act shall be undertaken by legal officers of the Commission, or any legal practitioner appointed by it.

Having reviewed the case file from the Police which established a prima facie case against Barr. Hudu Yunusa Ari, the Commission has filed a six-count charge against him at the Adamawa State High Court sitting in Yola.

Consequently, the Court has fixed Wednesday 12th July 2023 for commencement of trial.

Meanwhile, the Commission is working with the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) for the diligent prosecution of other cases.

SOURCE

PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/7660660/buhari-approves-immediate-suspension-adamawa#122644591

1 Like

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Adurax: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
Okay

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Opanka44(m): 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
Okkkk
The hardship in this country has overwhelmed me. I don't know what to do anymore.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by rejoice4eva(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
I'm sure INEC chair also deserve prosec.....both committed the same offence, one in the day and the other in the night....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by dihnawris: 1:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
Inec should defend presdent bat instead of chasing shadows. Leave the innocent man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
Anything to move our Darling country forward is all we want at .

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by slawomir: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Inec is useless

Nobody takes them serious anymore

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by id4sho(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
Chop money in peace tongue
Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
Good thread,
We want more of this.

So fergie001 na mod....now we know.
Hope no be u dey tamper with our comments here?!

Nice thread OP btw...

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Zico5(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
Inec are trying their best just that these children of hate from that side won't allow their work to show. Their work these days is jumping from one thread to another to either ridicule the president or cast aspersions on Inec. All the same well meaning Nigerians are not moved. We believe in the process that Nigeria will be better once again. The case of the Mmesoma of a girl has really showcase their true color in defending fraud. Imagine this one down here again. Only God can help them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Racoon(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
Waiting for the day ICPC will sue Mahamod Yakubu

8 Likes

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by id4sho(m): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
post=124252627:
So fergie01 na mod....now we know.

Nice thread OP.
Rest

1 Like

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by christejames(m): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
Eye Neck wants to act as if the care about they shambles they conducted grin grin grin

If they are serious, they should also charge Maumumuud, and those God foresakened RECs of Enugu, Nasarawa, Kaduna and some other states... 😏

Tueh!!!

9 Likes

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by TemplarLandry: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
Since all these days?

7 Likes

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by stylishwears: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
Okay
Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by GboyegaD(m): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
When are they filing a case against Yakubu?

7 Likes

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Eriggs: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
Consequently, the Court has fixed Wednesday 12th July 2023 for commencement of trial.
I am waiting for this day so much.

id4sho:

Vulture griller
dem MANNA don show dis one shege for inside life.
She lives freely in their ioob heads 24/7.
Una go wail tire for 8 years, una neck go long grin

Dem Aunty MANNA, keep killing them with the truth biko.
Madam na Master to them ipob anytime, any day

7 Likes

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by bestman09(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
Is high time I stopped listening to Nigerian Buhahaha....

Imaging INEC suing an Electoral officer.....what will happen to the man that called result of a Whole Presidential election when Nigerians where sleeping??

6 Likes

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Hesixa: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hmm
Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by zoomman(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
Opanka44:
Okkkk
The hardship in this country has overwhelmed me. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like my existence is a Burden to myself. I'm an orphan

Keep Pushing, Never give up, Your Divine Blessing is almost here.
Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Cantonese: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ok.

Very crooked and very confident in his crookedness.

Unfortunately the case will linger many years, suffer many adjournments and conclude with a very light sentence.

Painfully too is the fact that Nigerians who vote for terrible leaders, will continue their inglorious acts. Thankfully the hardships begin and end with them.
Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
Armed robber file charge against Burglar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Runaway: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
When are you filing a case against your unpopular declarations?

1 Like

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Tntsi: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
How many will be charged against yakubu?
Until election is rectified and yakubu is charged, this is audio.

1 Like

Re: INEC Files Six-Count Charge Against Suspended Adamawa REC, Hudu Yunusa Ari by Kingfragz: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2023
Opanka44:
Okkkk
The hardship in this country has overwhelmed me. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like my existence is a Burden to myself. I'm an orphan
I relate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Need The Right To Bear Arms? / Reps Suspends $40Million Internet Surveillance Contract / Breaking News: Aftermath Of Rivers State House Of Assembly Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.