Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. (1740 Views)

How Much Does These Nokia Phones Cost In The Computer Village / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Code For Flashing Your Nokia Phones (note: Not Factory Reset) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by fellybabe(f): 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2007
it is very frustrating today at the computer village 2day. i went to one of the shops to buy phone, i saw nokia N80 and was very happy when i asked for the price and was told it's just 25,000. i quickly pay cos the guy was rushing me to pay on time, i gave him part payment and told him, i don't have full payment but has a friend who work in one of the shops at computer village. i lied to him that i will be back in few mins to pay the remaining balance. i quickly went to slot in other to compare prices but to my greates surprise it was N43,000. i checked it very well and it was quite different from the one i partly paid for. i askedthe guy at the slot the difference and he told me that one is china made and it's what is in the market. they call it palasa. immediately i hurried up to that other guy and demanded for my money, told him i couldn't see that my friend, he said he will give me for the 15k that i gave him before. i smiled at him and told him not to worry and that i will come on monday to purchase. fortuantely, he gave me my money and i rushed to slot to get an orginal phone although i couldn\t afford that Nokia N80, but i later settled for nokia 6230i.
thank God i didn't buy palasa china phone.
Re: Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by touche(m): 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2007
these features of these chinese phones r amazin 4 their low prices. saw 1 d oda day wit:
- touch screen
- dual sim
- hand writin recognition
- bluetooth
- usb cable

for jst 18k. can u beat dat? dont u think we r bein ripped off by these big phone companies?
Re: Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by fellybabe(f): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2007
yes touche, u are right
Re: Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by texazzpete(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2007
I don't think we're being ripped off. Don't forget you get NO warranty or guarantee with a crappily made chinese phone, and which is most likely made with slave labour.

Big companies have to recoup the immense amount of cash poured into R&D for new products. These chinese knockoffs use only the cheapest material to copy anything out there.
Re: Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by rufaai(m): 2:18am On Sep 15, 2007
Chinese phone are ruining the nokia world around Nigeria. Even here in Sokoto, they much abundand. Infact, people do reject nokia inplace of the China.

They are not even durable. Today, they produce those with TV. I've even held one, Its really amazing, but I can't buy it with my money as I feel i am pulling my cash out of my wallet into the trash can.

I dont know why nokia allowed them to produce those phone, they even contain the nokia holding hands and their menu looks alike. One the pack they claim its Nokia corporation!

I thought copy right law exist!
Re: Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by texazzpete(m): 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2007
@rufaai
Copyright laws exist, but these are dodgy phones, produces from hidden factories in China with illegal slave labour.
Nokia et al will complain, but the chinese police will prolly do nothing.
The only thing for them is to hope that people will use their common sense and stay away from them if they can help it. opf course, being so cheap, these phones have mass-market appeal in third world countries like Nigeria.
besides, their biggest selling point is the ability to use two sim cards simultaneously, but how many people in the western world NEED 2 sim cards? mainly in places like naija u see such things.
Re: Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by UNLEASHED(m): 9:27am On Sep 16, 2007
What is Nokia doing about it? I have a friend who use this Nokia phone, when he told me he bought the phone, It was really amazing and I colected the phone and mistakenly drop on the desk and the phone went off, I was afraid that this is "Gbese" before the phone powered on again it was after 30 minutes and nobody switch it on. Normally you can check manufacture date of a Nokia Phone but not applicable to this so called "Palasa".
Re: Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by rowlandwhy: 11:58am On Sep 17, 2007
these phones are good and i am marketing some of them
so if u need one in Port Harcourt call 08063448853 and get one
very cheap and the sizes i have are very convinent and not so bulky like others.
Re: Palasa China Nokia Phones, Say Something Abt It. by rowlandwhy: 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2007
they have TV and FM without headset.
Bluetooth also inclusive

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Recharge Fraud! / How Do I Crash My Stolen 5200 Nokia Phone / New Black Berry Tour 1 > 37000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.