Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? (306 Views)

How Have You Been Coping With Buying Food Items With Scarcity Of Cash? / High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 / The ₦6000 Bunch Of Plantain Mofe Duncan Bought (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? by jmoore(m): 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2023

Personally, a heavy wind destroyed many of our plantain early this season.

My location is Aba. Did the wind affect other areas in Nigeria?

What's the price of plantain currently in your area? Is it scarce?

5 sticks of Plantain is currently being sold for 1,000 naira in Aba. It was sold for 500 naira last year.
Re: Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? by ahnie: 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
No be plantain season be this?
Re: Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? by jmoore(m): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
ahnie:
No be plantain season be this?
I doubt if there is anything like plantain season.
Re: Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? by Oloki: 2:13am On Jul 08, 2023
There is. Once corn is out, plantain will be scarce. But once corn season elapse, plantain will come out. So, tentatively, by September, plantains will start coming out,or say, the price will be reducing, while corn will going out of market till next year raining season.
Re: Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? by jmoore(m): 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
Oloki:
There is. Once corn is out, plantain will be scarce. But once corn season elapse, plantain will come out. So, tentatively, by September, plantains will start coming out,or say, the price will be reducing, while corn will going out of market till next year raining season.
So corn prevents plantain from bearing fruits?
Re: Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? by Oloki: 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2023
jmoore:

So corn prevents plantain from bearing fruits?

To everything there is a season.

1 Like

Re: Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? by jmoore(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2023
Oloki:

To everything there is a season.
You have not explained anything yet.
Re: Is The Wind Destruction Responsible For High Cost & Scarcity Of Plantain? by Oloki: 9:05am On Jul 11, 2023
jmoore:

You have not explained anything yet.

Mr, what I said is self explained. The season we are in now, is for corn. Hardly can you see roasted plantain anywhere, beacuse it is not it's season. Raining season is for corn, while dry season is for plantains.

Hope you understand now?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need All Kinds Of Fruit And Vegetable Powder? / Yo I Need Someone To Get Me This Right Here / Growing Chicken Wing Popularity Draws Public Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.