Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,364 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! (4140 Views)

Post your Favourite TV Series Here. / Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s / Andromeda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2011
My Favourite TV Action Series is Andromeda. I love the theme for this series: One man's bravery in the face of enormous odds, his ceaseless drive to fostering peace in the universe and the degree of technological development(weapons and equipment).

What's yours?

Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by iice(f): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2011
undecided
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2011
OMG! shocked

You must be watching so many serials, that you can't decide which is your favourite. shocked

Okay, let me help out: grin

Being a female, i' say it's one of Desperate Housewives, Sex in the city, Legend of the Seeker, Merlin or Lost. wink
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by iice(f): 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2011
Serials makes it sound so undecided
TV Series yeah? 

Lantean:

Being a female, i' say it's one of Desperate Housewives, Sex in the city, Legend of the Seeker, Merlin or Lost. wink
Well don't rely on deductions for your daily meals.
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
: grin grin grin

Gladly, i don't rely on deductions for my "daily meals".
smiley

So what's it then?

By the way, i got my fingers crossed smiley

Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by iice(f): 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
Action? Will have to scroll my memory for that. Hard to pick a favorite though.
But i loved Human Target because aside from the crazy situations, it was primarily an all male cast. The awesomest guy Guerrero!
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
Doh' grin

It's a great honour to meet a lady who watches action? smiley

Those i know watch those kissy-kissy, lovey-dovey clips. Uugh! grin

Though it sounds familiar but i'm sure i haven't seen it.

The nearest i think i might have seen is 24 Hours, and Chaos. And besides Sutherland in the series, people made so much noise about it and i just got sick of it smiley

Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by iice(f): 5:06am On Oct 10, 2011
Nothing wrong with kissy kissy/lovey dovey so long as it makes sense or has a purpose.
There are women who watch action around this section.
Anyway Human Target got canceled.
Chaos? I think i saw a synopsis starting with 'female' detective or something. Didn't bother checking it out.
Hawaii 5-0 is pretty good too. Funny and lots of action. Just that they want to add more female members. . .that doesn't do it for me.
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2011
An effort targeted at attracting more male viewers grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by iice(f): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2011
Maybe.  But men like guns, fights and bloodbaths.  Females are unnecessarily in those.  Sure, you can throw in the one sexy woman.  But that's all she's there for.  A picture. 
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2011
grin But not entirely.

Though, it's hard to divorce an actress's role from the way male viewers regard her, i believe some of them are worth the trouble of including them for their talents. For instance, Carrie-Ann Moss wasn't the most beautiful on the Matrix set but she was ideal for the role. Andy McDowell too might have been great for it. I don't think Julia Roberts would have done great for the role. cheesy
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by iice(f): 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2011
True, though i cannot picture Andie McDowell in the role.
Anyway, unless absolutely vital to the role. . .they are mostly just there for decoration.
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by toluxa1(m): 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
What of Nikita? Great movie
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by iice(f): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2011
Which Nikita? The movies or the TV Series?
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
Nikita? I didn't know jack about that one until i Googled it. grin

Haa! Maggie, a familiar face. She's good!?!

She's got the acting in her and , the looks.

Well,  for we guys, that's more than enough. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2011
Strangely, on my way home from work, i found the Nna stands displaying Season 1 of Nikita. shocked

Then this musta been around for sometime now?! Where on Earth have i been. grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by ElmA1(f): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2011
Hmmm undecided
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by MrResource(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2011
Lantean:

Strangely, on my way home from work, i found the Nna stands displaying Season 1 of Nikita. shocked

Then this musta been around for sometime now?! Where on Earth have i been. grin grin grin

might have been only 8 episodes in it,,,9ja doesnt wait for it to finish.

LOST!!!^^^^ Would always remain the best grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2011
Veeerrry funny. grin

I did watch Lost. But i got bored with it after several episodes.

Strangely, i still wonder why.  I guess, running around in the jungle is just not my thing grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by mike7184(m): 7:30am On Oct 29, 2011
I like Flashpoint , CSI , NCIS and CSI NY
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by freecocoa(f): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2011
I think Strike Back is a good action series.
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2011
Strike Back

I haven't seen that one
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
@ freecocoa:

Daaaaamnn babe!
Strike back is a roller coaster ride compared to most of the action drama series out there.
Watching epsiode 4 of season 1 and i'm loving every moment of it
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by rodeo0070(m): 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
Terminator: Sarah Conor Chronicles.
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by Lantean(m): 7:41am On Sep 17, 2014
'Seen 'Continuum' and 'Fallen Skies'.

And i thought i'd seen them all.
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by RayMcBlue(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
Have no favs. Before I invest on a TV show, there are certain criterions that must be addressed. There are 4 of 'em:

-Blood and gore
-Nudity and sex,
-Use of strong language (profanity), and
-Witty dialogues with memorable quotes

I judge all TV shows I come in contact with, with the above. The very reason I love TV shows like Breaking Bad, GOT, Spartacus, Strike Back, The Sopranos, Broadwalk Empire and The Walking Dead, and despise shows like Agent of F.O.O.L.S, Devious Maids (Mexican Telenovela in disguise), Witches of East End (More like Pussycats of East end), Crisis (Thank the stars it's cancelled), Elementary (A lousy interpretation of Sherlock Holmes), and all the CW productions with one notable exception - Supernatural.
Re: What Is Your Favourite TV Action Series? I Say Andromeda! by moneyallowed(m): 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
Banshee isn't half bad; think it has some of the best Man-to-man fistfight scenes with minimal CGI. The bad part is that's the only good part of the series- the fight scenes....oh and the love scenes cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Apart From Youtube How Do Movie Producers Make Money In Nigeria? / Revenge Of Shina Rambo Season 5 - 2017 Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movies / Do You Watch Grey's Anatomy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.