Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson (21272 Views)

Furore Over High-level ‘tampering’ With Tinubu’s Ministerial Nominees’ List / Nominees List Of APC Presidential Campaign Council Unveiled / Buhari Replaces Ex-Ministers, Sends Nominees List To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Bobloco: 6:45am On Jul 08, 2023
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke did not include the name of his daughter nor uncle in the commissioner nominees list forwarded to the State House of Assembly.

This was disclosed by the Governor’s spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed in a statement issued to dismiss rumours that the governor’s daughter and uncle were included in the list.

According to Rasheed, Mrs Adeleke is the daughter of Chief Omidiran of Osogbo Land and wife of the late Executive Governor of Osun State, Senator Isiaka Adeleke.

It reads; “The attention of Governor Ademola Adeleke has been drawn to a fake news alleging that the state chief executive has appointed his supposed daughter in person of Adenike Folasade Adeleke and his alleged uncle, Prof Maroof Adeleke into the State cabinet.

“There is no truth whatsoever in the report as neither of the two nominees are daughter or uncle of the Governor. Prof Adeleke was born at Ilesa and hails from Osogbo, the state capital. Mrs Adeleke is the daughter of Chief Omidiran of Osogbo Land and wife of the late Executive Governor of Osun State, Senator Isiaka Adeleke.

“We had expected those pushing the fake news to engage in basic investigative journalism if they have any altruistic motive. If however the goal is to malign the state Governor, the truth can not be hidden as the nominees are bona-fide indigenes of Osogbo Land.

“We therefore urge members of the public to ignore those merchants of fake news. No biological member of the Governor’s family is included in the cabinet list. Governor Adeleke is committed to fair distribution of appointments based on competency, spread and sectoral representation”.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/gov-adelekes-daughter-uncle-not-in-nominees-list-spokesperson/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by dihnawris: 6:48am On Jul 08, 2023
Thanks for clearing things up

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Cantonese: 6:53am On Jul 08, 2023
Akeredolu has his son as a DG or so and he talked about trust and effectiveness. If your family members can do the job, why not give them the job? Is there any law against it?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by crossfm: 6:53am On Jul 08, 2023
Hehehe.

The way fake news flies in naira land eh grin.

Most people live,eat and sleep's on propaganda and hate news.

Most of the people who are still pained by the victory of the governor are still leaking their wounds.

Election and tribunal case is over,why not support the governor and his policies to move the state forward.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by justified007: 6:54am On Jul 08, 2023
Meaning the appointee is the governor's sister-in-law and not his daughter 😂😂😂.

Osun , e ku iroju o

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Penguin2: 6:58am On Jul 08, 2023
I’ve been following that news with some circumspect all this while.

Because I know politicians can be something else but Adeleke has never come off to me as someone that would be that nepotistic considering how he knows such action would be interpreted.

Like, why give your daughter appointment for heavens sake? Are you mad?

If I want to be giving her money every month then I will be adding her money in security votes, not give her appointment.

Oya, Tinubu people, come and see that you have been lying all along. Stop selling lies.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 08, 2023
Penguin2:
I’ve been following that news with some circumspect all this while.

Because I know politicians can be something else but Adeleke has never come off to me as someone that would be that nepotistic considering how he knows such action would be interpreted.

Like, why give your daughter appointment for heavens sake? Are you mad?

If I want to be giving her money every month then I will be adding her money in security votes, not give her appointment.

Oya, Tinubu people, come and see that you have been lying all along. Stop selling lies.
no one cares. Even if he gives her, nothing wey una wan do pass wailing.

8 Likes

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Penguin2: 7:25am On Jul 08, 2023
Olasyke:

no one cares. Even if he gives her, nothing wey una wan do pass wailing.
Ironically, you have been the ones wailing here.

Since Adeleke sacked Oyetola and your sniffing master from Osun treasury, haven’t you been wailing?

17 Likes

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Cassandraloius: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2023
Fake news
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:57am On Jul 08, 2023
Even if they are. Is it against the Constitution?

5 Likes

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by fourboys: 9:08am On Jul 08, 2023
Nice
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Manny21: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2023
My own is that as long as they are competent and can deliver, and the governor can work with them who cares. The ones appointed in the past that were not family members how did they perform?

1 Like

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by ideatoprince18(m): 10:06am On Jul 08, 2023
MaY Gov Adeleke daughter name that is not in the list Favor me and my family!!!

1 Like

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Padipadi(m): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2023
Rumours pipu. Me sef think am say shey this man no get something else give the daughter to cure controversy
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by b3llo(m): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2023
May our names not put us in trouble
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Lifted07: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2023
It seems the name Adeleke is what is making money now. Make I go change name?
Just kidding!

I love my name and my identity and since I'm playing my necessary role in destiny I'll definitely be who God wants me to be.
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Oscarchims: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2023
Nairaland can spread rumuors that is within reach
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Zupay: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2023
They were busy flying the fake news yesterday.
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by empressSkincare(f): 10:12am On Jul 08, 2023
Really?
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by bestman09(m): 10:13am On Jul 08, 2023
Thank God the news is false but giving the sister-in-law an appointment is not very cool too

1 Like

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by seborrhic: 10:14am On Jul 08, 2023
Fake news should be tackled aggressively lest it plunges Nigeria into crisis one day.
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 08, 2023
i think the woman is adeleke inlaw, But the man not related. Is the late isiaka related to the governor? just asking. I think they are related though.
Anyway, na padi padi government everyone in this country practicing. Family and friends chop make i chop

1 Like

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 08, 2023
The Adeleke name is too blessed and wealthy to be dragged into political shenanigans.

Ademola Jackson Adeleke will never contemplate the idea of appointing his daughter into any political office in his governance. Not only is it going to soil his name, it will drag the reputation of his family in the mud.

That people believed this rumour in the first place, shows how feeble minded Nigerians can be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by bigdammyj: 10:16am On Jul 08, 2023
Noted.
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by enemyofprogress: 10:17am On Jul 08, 2023
Who fokn cares?

Dominique I'm hungry o
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by free2ryhme: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2023
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by APCNig: 10:22am On Jul 08, 2023
Okay nah.

So his late brother’s wife is not us family member, no wonder he had F9 Parallel in WAEC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Ameduedwin: 10:22am On Jul 08, 2023
What wrong with governor employ his daughter and uncle, are they not supposed to work again when their person have opportunity?abi governor salary Nah their own? Buhari apointed his northern brother through out his eight years nobody cough. Hippocratic idiotic people

2 Likes

Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Irupetepete: 10:23am On Jul 08, 2023
Na wa for this country
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by Kemadealadire(f): 10:24am On Jul 08, 2023
Even if they are on the list as long as they are qualified and meet the requirements for the post there's nothing wrong with it. Charity begins at or from home.
Re: Gov Adeleke’s Daughter, Uncle Not In Nominees List – Spokesperson by ATEAMS: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2023
Alright

(1) (2) (Reply)

High School Student Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Unwanted Pregnancy / Boko Haram Invades Damasak Market In Borno / I Guess Anambra State Govt Is Been Over Stretched photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.