Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,848 members, 7,834,826 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution (14481 Views)

Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Buhari Asks Senate To Clear 15 Advisers / Senators Who Voted To Legalise Underage Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2011
Muntula:

Thank you jare. Those over religious zealots do not read their bibles because if they did they will have seen that One of the grandparents of Jesus was a LovePeddler( the real word na p.rostitute). Which means Jesus comes from the lineage of a LovePeddler ( the real word na p.rostitute). Read Genesis 38.

If your God (Jesus) comes from a family of ( a known p.rostitute) who are you to go against it? My friend stop living in fantasy land. Jesus na grand grand grand pikin of ashewo p.rostitute forget

What the bible says concerning this doesn't mean that prostitution is allowed. If you read the same Bible, you will see that after Rahab helped the israelites, she changed and was no longer called the prostitute. The message is that 1) God can use anyone irrespective of their background. Once you have a willingness to accept Him and change, your past doesn't matter in the helm of affairs or in getting you to where you ought to be. God is still a Holy God in as much as He is merciful and slow to anger.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2011
pash4naija:

fornication, corruption and all other sins too are all part of it. the fact that it exists doesn't make it right. The thing is, people have a choice. There's a collective and individual choice. if the collective rises above the individual, there may not be much the individual can do to stop it. main thing is that for those who believe in what they do based on moral/religious grounds and principles, pls keep it up no matter what. in the end we'll all see.

I am sorry but the boat sailed. It is here. Matter of fact, many of our women are sexually active from age or 10. However, there is no protection in place to ensure that these gals are all protected from the predators out there . . . and if you open your eyes, you will admit that they are in abundance -- from those we have elected to represent us who think it is OK to take advantage of a woman and dump her when another flashy one comes along, without providing for the children produced from that relationship, to those who ra-pe our women and feel it is their right.

Yes, this being a good idea is a result of what we have allowed our society to deteriorate to. And it is time we start protecting our women, starting from this segment at least.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2011
pash4naija:

What the bible says concerning this doesn't mean that prostitution is allowed. If you read the same Bible, you will see that after Rahab helped the israelites, she changed and was no longer called the LovePeddler. The message is that 1) God can use anyone irrespective of their background. Once you have a willingness to accept Him and change, your past doesn't matter in the helm of affairs or in getting you to where you ought to be. God is still a Holy God in as much as He is merciful and slow to anger.

The same bible tells you not to do evil to your fellow man. How much of that have you ensured the society adheres to? You have tons of gals turning to prostitution from a young age . . . many of them because someone in their immediate surrounding ra-ped them at a young age and left them with low esteem of self. How effectively have slammed the bible on that problem?
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2011
afam4eva:

It's morally wrong as Africans to condone prostitution. Must we do everything that's obtained in the west? If we're making prostitution legal, then it's imperative to also make man-lover culture legal. The world is indeed coming to an end.

What has this to do with the west? Does the west have half of the HUMAN RIGHTS problems we have and CONDONE currently?? How much longer do we have to pretend to be blind to what we have created and endorsed for so long?  Imagine a grown up admitting that he would definitely ra=pe a LovePeddler if she stole from him . . . does that there sound like the WEST is to blame for that?
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Muntula: 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The same bible tells you not to do evil to your fellow man. How much of that have you ensured the society adheres to? You have tons of gals turning to prostitution from a young age . . . many of them because someone in their immediate surrounding ra-ped them at a young age and left them with low esteem of self. How effectively have slammed the bible on that problem?
Thank you.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by bekay911(f): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2011
Pls if dose useless old men av ran out of issues to discuss dey shud go home n sleep. I bet dey r too blind to c d main menace of this country
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by LordNaya: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2011
May God help us
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by kpogede77: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2011
I dey laugh oooo. Niger! Abeg make una leave Ekweremadu alone, Let any one who has not slept with a prostitute castigate the man including governors and ministers.
There are different categories of prostitute
Those who have more than two boy friends at a time
University students who leave their campuses to service politicians in hotels.
Those who go to club at night to hustle
Localize Okpo who stays in her room for pay as you go
Italian babes who don't play local league but only international games.

Pls check carefully if your girl friend is not among the categories listed above.
I support the bill for one reason, the way police treat these less privilege girls at night clubs makes me cry some times. The policeman will remove his uniform and go to bang these girls mercilessly and go back to wear the uniform to arrest and collect back the money earlier paid for banging these girls. If every body shy away from this issue, who will speak for these girls who the society has already treated badly?
However the timing of the bill is wrong because we have other pressing issues that should take the front burner

THE TRUTH IS THAT THEY ALL HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON THE PROBABILITY OF HIV
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I don't understand you. I was responding to an allegation made by someone and i was explaining based on my understanding. But to answer you, you cant help everyone but only those within your immediate vicinity or surroundings. Others are accountable for helping people all around them. My former church Daystar has a programme in which they help young women who went into prostitution to rehabilitate (counselling, skill acquisition, lodging, etc). They are doing their best and have tried to reach as many as they can. I'm trying to tell you that people are doing something. If I see someone doing what is wrong, I voice out. EVeryone has a role to play. Just the same way people are against corruption but its still there. doesn't mean no one is doing anything about it. Imagine if they legalize corruption. it's the same thing in my opinion. anyway that said i'm out because people will think what they want to think. and no, i'm not judging these people. instead i'm saying that the fact that other nations do it doesn't make it right.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by aloyemeka1: 11:57pm On Oct 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

This is my attempt at helping you understand why legalizing it in Nigeria is a better way to go

a) Women's right in that country is appalling  -- The idea that Nigerians are more upright is a myth -- women(ashewos and none) are treated as sub-humans still. Legalizing prostitution will instill some level of needed RESPECT on at least this sector of the Nigerian society.

b) Legalizing this will FORCE the law to protect these women, many of whom society already treats like trash already first of all because they are women, and secondly because of the stigma still attached to prostitution in our society

c) Tax revenue is certainly a good reason, or maybe I should say a benefit, but most of all the gains that may be realized in terms of human rights improvement seem a greater reason for this.

Currently women are forced to accept a sub-human space in our society. Legalizing this already here choice for many of these women, will embolden them, and give them some incentive to help bring to book the violators in our society.

Legalizing prostitution will help Nigerian women buy back their integrity and freedom from Nigerian men? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Kobojunkie: 12:09am On Oct 07, 2011
pash4naija:

I don't understand you. I was responding to an allegation made by someone and i was explaining based on my understanding. But to answer you, you cant help everyone but only those within your immediate vicinity or surroundings.
Ok, so how many people in your vicinity have you been able to rescue from the scourge of human rights violations, say in the past 20 weeks alone? How many have you thumped on the head with the bible to get them to stop their evil acts against their wives, children, etc?

pash4naija:

Others are accountable for helping people all around them. My former church Daystar has a programme in which they help young women who went into prostitution to rehabilitate (counselling, skill acquisition, lodging, etc).
So, your idea of solving the problem is to WAIT FOR THE PROBLEM(RA-PES, VIOLATIONS, MAIMINGS) TO HAPPEN FIRST, and after the VICTIMS of said violations turn to prostitution as last resort, you call on DAYSTAR to help them?

pash4naija:

They are doing their best and have tried to reach as many as they can. I'm trying to tell you that people are doing something.
I don't think you even have A CLUE what the problem is here. You are telling me that the problem is that the emotionally damaged in our society(Damage inflicted on them by members of the same society who walk around free and emboldened) need to be cured?  The Victims need to be cured
ROFLMAO!!
pash4naija:

If I see someone doing what is wrong, I voice out. EVeryone has a role to play. Just the same way people are against corruption but its still there. doesn't mean no one is doing anything about it. Imagine if they legalize corruption. it's the same thing in my opinion. anyway that said i'm out because people will think what they want to think. and no, i'm not judging these people. instead i'm saying that the fact that other nations do it doesn't make it right.

Abeg go find another thread  . . . waka !!! ROFL

How much has your voicing out done to fix the problem? How many women have been saved from emotional trauma and violation by you voicing out? We are talking of a continent where rape is still used as a legit weapon against the weak in our society? Our law enforcers contribute to damaging generation after generation of the weak, in our society, but here you are telling us you voicing out is the way we should continue with this? Are you serious?
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by EvilBrain1(m): 12:36am On Oct 07, 2011
You're going to have pr0stitution whether its legal or not. No society has ever managed managed to wipe it out, there are pr0stitutes even in Mecca. Criminalizing it only drives it underground leading to p.imping and worse crimes like human trafficking, violence and even murder.

Legalizing prostitution means that you can regulate it. It means that you can force the customers to use condoms to remove the risk of STIs. It means you can restrict them to certain areas and stop them from becoming a public nuisance. It means that the girls will be protected from trafficking, violence and exploitation. It means that pr0stitutes can pay taxes and contribute to society. It means that they can retire and get pensions or move to other professions. Also the police can concentrate on more serious crimes rather than wasting their time chasing something they can't stop.

Legalizing prostitution is a perfectly sensible move that is presently working well in countries like Italy, Holland and parts of the US. Unfortunately the Christian talibans and the Islamic fundamentalists will never let it happen.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 07, 2011
I am pretty damn sure hes making the call based on what hes seen within Abuja Transcorp Hilton between his fellow senators and politicians and young damsels / daugthers of eve
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by http(m): 2:10am On Oct 07, 2011
Yoo Ish nai, Yoo ka naih, Good thinking, Good Product grin grin grin

Gbammed^10
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by aribisala0(m): 3:47am On Oct 07, 2011
this is NOT a matter for the national assembly but for the state assembly.
its a shame these people do not understand the constitution
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 07, 2011
I prefer it if they legalize ganja and igbo.

Ekiti has to generate money somehow. Since we already produce a lot of hard weed.

I hope to try one someday. Preferably while having se x. High and on cloud 9? Seems promising.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ok, so how many people in your vicinity have you been able to rescue from the scourge of human rights violations, say in the past 20 weeks alone? How many have you thumped on the head with the bible to get them to stop their evil acts against their wives, children, etc?
So, your idea of solving the problem is to WAIT FOR THE PROBLEM(RA-PES, VIOLATIONS, MAIMINGS) TO HAPPEN FIRST, and after the VICTIMS of said violations turn to prostitution as last resort, you call on DAYSTAR to help them?

I don't think you even have A CLUE what the problem is here. You are telling me that the problem is that the emotionally damaged in our society(Damage inflicted on them by members of the same society who walk around free and emboldened) need to be cured?  The Victims need to be cured
ROFLMAO!!
Abeg go find another thread  . . . waka !!! ROFL

How much has your voicing out done to fix the problem? How many women have been saved from emotional trauma and violation by you voicing out? We are talking of a continent where violation is still used as a legit weapon against the weak in our society? Our law enforcers contribute to damaging generation after generation of the weak, in our society, but here you are telling us you voicing out is the way we should continue with this? Are you serious?

err, are you serious yourself? i'm not sure you are. i said i didn't understand you and you could have also answered simply by explaining where you are coming from instead of trying to prove a point (which you didn't) like someone is fighting with you. based on that alone, i'm out of here. there's no need trying to communicate with someone who doesn't even know how to do so in a civil manner.if you needed more light shed on what i said, you could have just asked.as for telling me which thread to be in, i dont think that's your call. abi are you the moderator that you'll ban me? if you are clap for yourself and then based on your perceived power you can do as you wish. however, whether you are or not, i will be here if i want to but at the moment i've said what i had in mind and won't bother saying further. if you like hurl insults or show sarcasm, no need as i won't even bother coming back to this particular thread. i'm outta here grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by violent(m): 7:06am On Oct 07, 2011
In 2002, the US government earned an estimated revenue of 3.1 billion dollars from strip clubs alone, and people still wonder how legalizing the s[i]e[/i]x industry could bring about any economic benefit?
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 07, 2011
^^Legalization of ganja and igbo will generate more money.

All those ghetto boys and girls wont resist.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by chakula: 7:56am On Oct 07, 2011
Could he be the one? definitely should be, this wrong move by the old fools is really reprehensible we should watch for how many of their daughters involved bunch of charlatans!
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by palugycolina(m): 7:58am On Oct 07, 2011
Nawa oo so it has goten to this level, once it has been regulatated , it therefore means they chicks will start regularising the Bleep price, make them put specific price tag ohh
Naija.what have u done for ur graduates?
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by begwong: 8:00am On Oct 07, 2011
The senate shouldnt forget to also sponsor the bill on the use of sΣxometer on the prostitute for actual tax to be paid by the whores.Germany atleast is benefitting frm it. grin
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Okijajuju1(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2011
Things the need to be legalized include

1. Marijuana, The government stands to make alot of money from the legalization of weed, both as a tourist attraction and as an export (by-products).

2. Prostitution: I mean really!! This is like the oldest profession ever. The illegalization of it has led to alot of women being exploited by syndicates, thugs and the police. the keyword here is Educate and regulate,
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by POTUT(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2011
Am I the only one that can discern? Prostitution has been described as a menace. You want to stop it but have failed. Now you want to issue licenses and regulate the business. What will the issuing of licenses achieve?

For one it doesn't STOP THE ACT, which was what you intended from the onset but failed to do. Isn't this like saying the best way to resist temptation is to succumb to it?

If Ekweramadu is serious in his thinking, can he also advocate the legalisation/regulation of corruption, as we have also failed to curb/stop it? Politicians should include in their manifesto their Corruption & Embezzlement Budget so that INEC & the National Council of States can weigh it against the National Budget and be sure it will not cripple the economy before such politicians are given the all clear to run for office. Perhaps he doesn't need to, as EFCC has already done that through their nonsensical plea bargain policy.

And one more thing, we have also failed to stop murders and kidnapping, so let us regulate that too. If you want to murder your neighbor or political opponent, just apply for a license and the government will give you a time window and a list of certified assassins to do the job.
When you want to kidnap, just apply and wait for the government to publish Tenders of suitable victims. You must also pay tax to the FIRS, and then declare profit after tax to the CBN.

Nigeria, please fix your police force. The fight against all forms of crime is an endless warfare in the history of humanity.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by POTUT(m): 8:56am On Oct 07, 2011
Posted by: Evil Brain
Insert Quote
You're going to have pr0stitution whether its legal or not. No society has ever managed managed to wipe it out, there are pr0stitutes even in Mecca. Criminalizing it only drives it underground leading to p.imping and worse crimes like human trafficking, violence and even murder.

Legalizing prostitution means that you can regulate it. It means that you can force the customers to use condoms to remove the risk of STIs. It means you can restrict them to certain areas and stop them from becoming a public nuisance. It means that the girls will be protected from trafficking, violence and exploitation. It means that pr0stitutes can pay taxes and contribute to society. It means that they can retire and get pensions or move to other professions. Also the police can concentrate on more serious crimes rather than wasting their time chasing something they can't stop.

Legalizing prostitution is a perfectly sensible move that is presently working well in countries like Italy, Holland and parts of the US. Unfortunately the Christian talibans and the Islamic fundamentalists will never let it happen.

Nice one!
Let us legalize Murder and Kidnappings and Corruption also.

Benefits of Regulating Murder:
You can force murderers to use only designated kinds of weapons to avoid damaging certain human organs so that they can be reused in hospitals for people who need organ transplant.
You can restrict them certain neighborhoods so that the children of the rich do not see evil, hear evil.
You can protect the people who commission assassins from blackmail, violence and exploitation by the assassins themselves.
You can make assassins pay tax from the commissions they receive after every successful hit. It means that they can retire and earn a pension too.
Also, the police can concentrate on more serious crimes than wasting their time chasing something they can't stop.

Same benefits apply to all other crimes.

Hurray! Welcome to a crime free world!
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by konna: 9:15am On Oct 07, 2011
If the Ekweremadu has nothing to contribute he should take leave.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by born2boink(m): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2011
Prostitution has been functioning in the country for years and it is increasing in numbers, I do not see any reason why it shouldn't be legalize and even without it been legalize, it is operating without threat from Authorities, if fashola destroys all companies, he will never destroy ashewo joint
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by oladayo042: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2011
Finally allowing the free market to prevail between a willing buyer and a willing seller.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Okijajuju1(m): 9:30am On Oct 07, 2011
Mr. Potut

Dont let sentiments becloud your sense of judgement.

As it stands now, Prostitution is illegal, Now let me explain to you what happens presently; There is a syndicate in place that exploit these girls. Pimps, madams, bosses and thugs. Now because these girls are not being protected by the constitution, they are now vulnurable.

I met a Nigerian girl in Paris who told me her story of how she did the whole desert experience and landed in Spain and finally paris. She use to come to the house to make my daughters hair from time to time. It was one of them days that she told me that the hair plaiting was the only way she made money for herself because she had a Madam that was pimping them out to clients and in return, all she got was shelter (which was the basement of an apartment where she had to share space with several many other girls) and protection from the police and immigrations. I asked her what would happen should she decide to break free and go out on her own, her response was that she would be on the run for the rest of her stay in europe and would only end up being deported back to Nigeria with nothing.

Now here are the pros of legalizing it;

We already know that this exists, its been here before our fore-fathers, it would still be here after we are gone. Chances are we have all somewhere in our family tree had a relative who was actually a prostitute, as much as I do not suscribe to prostitution, I would want them to be safe and not be exploited. Many prostitutes have been raped and murdered simply because the only places that they can ply their trades are on dark, poorly policed streets and the law does not protect them from harm. This needs to change. If we legalize prostitution, and make it illegal for these girls to be out on the streets, then you would see hotels and brotels springing up. These girls would have a union that would look out for their interest, whenever they are being exploited, the law would be there to offer them protection, they would be easy to monitor as they would have to get a HIV test certificate before being issued a license. The operators of these brothels would be answerable to the government on the welfare of these girls. Every brothel would have a comprehensive data base on the girls who work under them and an undated medical certificate on them. Taxes would also be applicable, hence more revenue for the government. This would also help stem the spread of the H.I.Virus.

Moreover, the harm in leaving it as an illegal venture is worse than what would be obtained should we legalize it, Your analogy on kidnap and murder does not hold water in this situation im afraid. Nobody is being hurt. It takes away a source of income from some criminal elements who specialized in exploiting these girls and trafficking them.

Before you jump to respond, sit back, think about butterflies and fluffy bunnies to clear your thought process of any bias and then logically approach this issue, I'd rather have prostitutes who are regulated and protected by law than Prostitutes who are abused, exploited, trafficked and sometimes killed,

One of these girls might just be family to any of us,
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Arosa(m): 9:49am On Oct 07, 2011
Evil Brain:

well said, plus if your religion is against it, you are not to use their service, nobody is forcing you to.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Dainy1(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2011
God will soon set this country ablased.
Re: Ekweremadu Asks Senate To Legalise Prostitution by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2011
I was among the ladies who lobbied to at least make it heard on the senate. Good for business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Release Cameroonian Separatists Now -falana Tells FG / Sen. Shehu Sani Denies Decamping From APC To SDP Party With This Hilarious Tweet / Kashamu: My Purported Expulsion Cannot Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.