Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

The Best Retirement Plan For Retirees. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Retirement Plan For Retirees. (155 Views)

FG To Move Teachers' Retirement Age To 65 / MAPOLY Retirees Threaten To Sue Government Over Discrepancies In Pensions / New Retirement Age For Teachers Approved By FEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Retirement Plan For Retirees. by bankyamoko: 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
Retirees in Nigeria today have two options to draw their pension from. The first is what is called program withdrawal while the second is called annuity.
Program withdrawal is directly under PENCOM while annuity is under the supervision of the National Insurance Company.
It is necessary that retirees should make enquiry as to which of the two is better . The two of them are trying to outdo each other on service delivery to their customers.
As a retiree myself, I registered for program withdrawal but there is this advice from some quarters to move to annuity.
I welcome information on the two from fellow Nairalander as to which is better so as not to make mistakes on my choice.
Re: The Best Retirement Plan For Retirees. by enumerica: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
Explain each of the two for us
Re: The Best Retirement Plan For Retirees. by fabraham(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
bankyamoko:
Retirees in Nigeria today have two options to draw their pension from. The first is what is called program withdrawal while the second is called annuity.
Program withdrawal is directly under PENCOM while annuity is under the supervision of the National Insurance Company.
It is necessary that retirees should make enquiry as to which of the two is better . The two of them are trying to outdo each other on service delivery to their customers.
As a retiree myself, I registered for program withdrawal but there is this advice from some quarters to move to annuity.
I welcome information on the two from fellow Nairalander as to which is better so as not to make mistakes on my choice.

Programmed withdrawal is the best based on the following advantages over Annuity.
1. Access to your balance and statement of account, annuity is invested in a pool of funds from other people
2. Pension payment for life and even after life(Death) the next of kin/beneficiary has access to the remaining RSA balance but the annuity is 10 years quaranteed peiod.
3. Tendency of enhancing (Increasing) your monthly pension every 3 years while annuity is statutory.

(1) (Reply)

Unveiling Affordable Medical Education At National Institute Of Medical Sciences / 15 Irish Schools Offering Scholarships To Nigerian Students / How To Crate Talkatone (2023)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.