Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic (13194 Views)

Modupe Odele To Support Peter Obi Financially / #EndSARS: Modupe Odele, Rinu Oduala & Mr Macaroni Linked To Atiku By David Atta / #EndSARS: Moe Odele's Passport Seized At The Airport. Oby Ezekwesili Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by enemyofprogress: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2023
Apart from their names, I no understand what I read
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by SmartyPants(m): 10:25am On Jul 10, 2023
He didn't address the issue.

5 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Bakrabas: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2023
ideatoprince18:
May Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic favor me and my family

I'll gladly say a Big amen if that's the sincere prayer that will solve your life and family problem

1 Like

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by chloride6: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2023
Taiwo was a avoiding the issue at hand which is conflict of interest.

4 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by ideatoprince18(m): 10:28am On Jul 10, 2023
Bakrabas:

I'll gladly say a Big amen if that's the sincere prayer that will solve your life and family problem

May I'll gladly say a Big amen if that's the sincere prayer that will solve your life and family problem favor me and my family
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Ventura1: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2023
Are you only referring to yourself and the troll as Nigerians? Is the person that appoint him a togolese? He shouldn't bother to respond, the President that gave him the task has the mandate of the majority.
ganisucks:

He wasn't able to explain why Nigerians should trust him, while ignoring his conflict of interest. But he spoke a whole lot of gibberish knowing Nigerians are only particular about partisanship.

4 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Godoverevery: 10:37am On Jul 10, 2023
Gamesmart:
This is nonsense!

Taiwo Odele did not address his point. He just want to bamboozle that "I know more about tax".

What the man asked for his DISCLOSURE.

Tell us how you will or could benefit by being appointed to shape a law that you get your daily bread from.

I guess you didn't see where he talked about advocating for people earning 30k to be excluded from paying tax and vat removed from diesel??

Most of you are just so blinded with hate that you don't even read to comprehend anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by defash8: 10:40am On Jul 10, 2023
He refused to address conflict of interest.
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by OkayDaddy: 10:41am On Jul 10, 2023
ganisucks:
They asked you to explain why the receipt you offered has a price higher than what the product is worth, and how come your entry into the books showed a price lower than the actual price, and your response is the definition and history of bookkeeping. Guilty conscience is killing you, simple! 😆😅🤣😂

You're a disgrace to both parents.

4 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by OkayDaddy: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2023
Gamesmart:
This is nonsense!

Taiwo Odele did not address his point. He just want to bamboozle that "I know more about tax".

What the man asked for his DISCLOSURE.

Tell us how you will or could benefit by being appointed to shape a law that you get your daily bread from.

Should a vulcaniser like your father be appointed to head this Tax committee or what nonsense are you even making noise about?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by paskal16: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2023
Cryofigbos:
So many ignoramus coming out with gibberish mentality but tinubu's team are professionals ready to engage and educate the illiterates
but yo mamas and papas dey wail coz of the hardship mu(x2)

1 Like

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by ednut1(m): 10:44am On Jul 10, 2023
Oyedele not Odele. Twitter Nigeria is a very toxic place full of pseudo intellectuals:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Segzy19: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2023
These Obidients rodents still never rest so?

They are still throwing tantrums all over social media...

Don't worry, all of you will soon rest...

Tinubu is always many steps ahead of you grin grin grin grin
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Veracityacc: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2023
At Veracity Accounting ( https://veracityaccounting.ca ), our team of expert CPAs is dedicated to helping. We help individuals and businesses achieve their financial goals. We offer a wide range of professional accounting, TAX and bookkeeping services designed to meet your unique needs. With our extensive expertise and personalized approach, we strive to deliver exceptional results that propel your success.
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Kukutenla: 11:27am On Jul 10, 2023
ebuka1997:
You should have posted the guys reply too https://twitter.com/eadewunmi/status/1678068183029239810?s=46&t=50Yog5beNQZJZs1HW3l18A
Screenshot it and add
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Bluntemperor: 11:28am On Jul 10, 2023
ganisucks:
They asked you to explain why the receipt you offered has a price higher than what the product is worth, and how come your entry into the books showed a price lower than the actual price, and your response is the definition and history of bookkeeping. Guilty conscience is killing you, simple! 😆😅🤣😂

You should be more intelligent than this!
You seat in the corner of your room and speak against the Experts that you couldn't not provide any tangible deep searching answers or do you think this is a Tik- Tok affairs thin?
This is about Nigeria Economy, Finance and Accounting and the Future of Nigeria Youths and how Nigeria can get the Best out of the dissaster Buhari left Nigeria!
It is about laying Strong Foundations for Our Economic Emancipation.This is a serious matter!
If you don't have anything to give or add,then pass by,as this is not a feminist affairs!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2023
Government should reduce tax burdens on goods and services utilized by ordinary Nigerians, but the taxes on coke and sweetened drinks are good to discourage over consumption, appropriate excise tax is good on coke, and sweetened drinks, because of the health risks that comes with consuming these carbonated sweetened fizzy drinks by Nigerians, that excise tax will take care of the health liability, and like he rightly mentioned, we need to utilize our local sugars more in production of sweetened drinks sold in Nigeria, this is a huge market(sweetened drinks are bad for health). Taxes should be focused more on goods and services that the rich or well to do uses, such as previledged or luxury goods and services, but government must remove taxes or subsidized necessities and accomodations for the poor and struggling entrepreneurs(this bulk of people are majority in a society, hence their disposable income is important for economic mobilization and growth, if government reduce the tax burdens on this group and reduce their living expenses, they will have more disposable income) to buy and demand for more goods and services.

3 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by shortgun(m): 11:32am On Jul 10, 2023
The OP avoided the guys response where he roasted Taiwo alive grin
Tell us conflict of interest he's busy writing his autobiography.

2 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by CodeTemplar: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2023
Cryofigbos:
So many ignoramus coming out with gibberish mentality but tinubu's team are professionals ready to engage and educate the illiterates
I wonder what these professionals have to say about agbero and bandits taxing the poor man out there
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by onegig(m): 11:38am On Jul 10, 2023
A lot of you are just ignorant and believe access to social media gives you a right to misinform people.

Conflict of interest? When everyday Consulting firms are working for government?

His portfolios would be reassigned, even his work tools would be pulled till his work with government is complete. It is like going on sabbatical.

I know a lot of partners who were nominated for government advisory positions and they were required as part of risk management policies to limit or completely denied access to internal resources. This person bringing up this is just either malicious and out to personally attack the guy or completely ignorant. We want professionals in public space but we still go out on needless personal attacks. Doesn't make sense.

6 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by deedo93(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:
The poster above is one of the critics Taiwo is talking about. Imagine the gibberish he just typed. grin

Bro I read that comment almost 5 times trying to understand what the person was saying till I read yours and understood it was gibberish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Shattuck(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2023
femisplash:

What conflict of interests?, obviously you have never left anyone in doubt about your low reasoning capacity. Here is a man explaining his several instances of advocacy in tax cut and tax suspension for lower turnover businesses as well as struggling businesses, he is currently advocating suspension of 7.5% VAT in diesel in public interest despite working with a firm that benefits hugely being a top tax consultant to the govt. I wouldn't expect anything less, you've been an amusing clown all along.
his response is still not convincing enough he spent 80 percent of his response doing clap back, while using 20 percent to provide an answer that is not comprehensive enough, the questions asked still remain largely unanswered.

1 Like

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by DatNiggaDaz: 12:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
Beating around the bush blowing useless grammer to give the emilokans something to throw tantrums about.

See the " Tinubu policy wil better me
& my family defending what they know nothing about while crying on social media that the economic policies of Tinubu is hard, wicked & expensive grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by checkmateautosn: 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
Tax Committee Chairman in the Mud. No response from him
https://twitter.com/eadewunmi/status/1678068183029239810?s=46&t=50Yog5beNQZJZs1HW3l18A

Adewunmi
@eadewunmi
Taiwo, your bias is making you misinform. It’s sad for a PwC partner. SSB taxes are in >100 countries. Nigeria is the 4th largest sugary drinks consuming country on earth. It’s not a sugar tax. So quit the BS. It’s an SSB tax & I will address the rest of your misinformation here.

You want to fool people with the per capita sugar consumption narrative when you know the taxes are about added-sugar and Nigeria is one of the highest consumers. Around the world, there is no evidence that SSB taxes lead to job losses. SA, Mexico etc. https://documents1.worldbank.org/curated/en/477251593747849783/pdf/Business-Employment-and-Productivity-Impacts-of-Sugar-sweetened-Beverages-Taxes.pdf

The economic impact of obesity in Nigeria is $2.37 billion and SSB taxes actually boost national productivity and public health according to global evidence. It averted more than 8,000 type 2 diabetes deaths in South Africa. You can’t spin this https://cseaafrica.org/changing-perspectives-ssb-tax-is-key-to-addressing-obesity-in-nigeria/

Now back to the tax, you tried to confuse the 2021 Finance Act which proposed N20 but was reduced to N10 which passed after consultations. For the 2022 Finance Act, there was a proposed 20% ad valorem tax that people like you criticized. Why are you lying?

The funny thing is that you either need education or you are a lobbyist intentionally confusing people. It helps to disclose that my team worked on the policy advocacy that led to Nigeria’s SSB tax and had input in all aspects of it. You wouldn’t big man your way out here, Mr.

And now that I have disclosed my own work in pushing for the SSB tax, a globally endorsed and a pro-humans, pro-health fiscal policy in Nigeria, can you confidently say that you (PwC) weren’t advising a manufacturers association/lobby group to fend off this specific tax?

SSBs taxes are a @WHO fiscal policy best buy to prevent obesity, diabetes and NCDs, which affects millions of Nigerians. But for you it’s profit over people and you are proving my fears right. Get educated on other public policy issues
https://www.who.int/news/item/13-12-2022-who-calls-on-countries-to-tax-sugar-sweetened-beverages-to-save-lives

When a biased expert shits on globally adopted and proven fiscal policy for health using razz words, then you know that he is either unlearned about fiscal policy outside of the corporate world or just parroting his sponsors talking points. Good luck, dude.

Hey @taiwoyedele .PwC was also the topic of investigation in the US over a government engagement that profited their clients. Now answer, do you have conflicts or not?
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/19/business/accounting-firms-tax-loopholes-government.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by omenka(m): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
Gajagojo:
Clearly a man with a big ego
Yeah, and he has earned it.

Y'all should be careful when trying to cast aspersions on educated and enlightened men with "big ego", especially when you're utterly clueless about the subject matter.

Best you avoid such people to avoid getting embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by unmask: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
ganisucks:
so do you think he is a good fit for the role?
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by Sterlingsolutns: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
I think @ eadewunmi is correct’. All the rigmarole of @taiwoyedele is naught. In my profession, you must not only be independent, you must be seen as being independent and that is the view of @eadewunmi
In fiscal space, you have the fiscal agencies and the private sector participants. Equity canon in fiscal space is a different issue in its entirety but @ eadewunmi is talking about the committee composition. Considering the antecedent of @taiwoyedele as a private sector champion, it does not appear right for the government to appoint him as the Chairman of that committee He is already a prejudice party. An Academia would have been a better fit. However, considering his wealth of experience and industry reach, he is eminently qualified to be a member of the committee

ganisucks:

1 Like

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by ganisucks(f): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sterlingsolutns:
I think @ eadewunmi is correct’. All the rigmarole of @taiwoyedele is naught. In my profession, you must not only be independent, you must be seen as being independent and that is the view of @eadewunmi
In fiscal space, you have the fiscal agencies and the private sector participants. Equity canon in fiscal space is a different issue in its entirety but @ eadewunmi is talking about the committee composition. Considering the antecedent of @taiwoyedele as a private sector champion, it does not appear right for the government to appoint him as the Chairman of that committee He is already a prejudice party. An Academia would have been a better fit. However, considering his wealth of experience and industry reach, he is eminently qualified to be a member of the committee

Simple as ABC. His response was F9 parallel. He was dodgy, evasive, arrogant and combative. All the traits of a man with a guilty corrupt conscience.

2 Likes

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by ganisucks(f): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
shortgun:
The OP avoided the guys response where he roasted Taiwo alive grin
Tell us conflict of interest he's busy writing his autobiography.
I felt there was no need, especially when I saw the first three contributors on the thread. Instead of reading the gibberish Taiwo wrote, they instead decided to focus on rubbishing my personality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by APCNig: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
ganisucks:

I understand your predicament. The post is beyond your comprehension. Sorry, it’s not meant for semi-literates
Re: Tax Committee Chairman, Taiwo Odele Schools Critic by eminikansoso(m): 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
helinues:
Free lecturing

grin
In micro economy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inside The Lion’s Den Of Boko Haram / Governor Akinwunmi Ambode's Goodbye Message To Lagosians / Buhari Attends Security Meeting With Other African Leaders In Japan-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.