Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,166 members, 7,852,968 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Missy Elliott Reveals The Key To Longevity In Music - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Missy Elliott Reveals The Key To Longevity In Music (233 Views)

BeyoncΓ©, Rihanna, Missy Elliott, Big Sean Join 'end SARS' Campaign To Curb Polic / Ezekiel Sunday Elliott Dead: Obituary Of Desmond Elliot's Father, Burial Poster / Desmond Elliott's Constituency Office Raided By Thieves (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Missy Elliott Reveals The Key To Longevity In Music by DyshApp: 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
Missy Elliott believes the key to longevity in music is being genuine.

During an interview with Essence, the iconic rapper divulged the secret to being consistently successful in the music business.

"Be yourself", the 51-year-old simply said.

Missy, real name Melissa Arnette Elliott, noted that as a child, her grandmother, who has since passed, stressed the importance of being humble, no matter your successes.

"I'll always tell people that relationships, especially in this

business, are more important than a check", the Get Ur Freak On rapper told the publication.

Elsewhere in the interview, the Grammy winner revealed that she is currently working on new music, though she shared few details.

"I got some new stuff in the works", Missy said, teasing

that it would be "fun" and "upbeat".

The artist added that she will not be sharing the release date for her upcoming music, saying, "I never tell dates... 'Cause when I tell you dates, it will get you in trouble with them fans."

Get the full Details on our Music Lounge on Dysh

Follow more celebrity music, lifestyle and gossip on Dyshus webpage.the link belowπŸ‘‡

Re: Missy Elliott Reveals The Key To Longevity In Music by TemplarLandry: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
cool

(1) (Reply)

Tony Bennett, Iconic Singer Of American Standards, Dies At 96 / You Should Focus On Your Son-actor Uche Maduagwu Blasts, Pete Edochie (video) / Big Brother All Stars And Biggies Plot Twist…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.