Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Be On Your Guard - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be On Your Guard (97 Views)

The Roman Guard | Evidence For The Resurrection / Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' / Masquerade Shouts ‘Jesus Christ’ As Guard Dog Nearly Attacks Him (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be On Your Guard by Btruth: 3:06am On Jul 11, 2023
Be on your guard

Tue, 11 Jul 2023

‘Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith.’ 1 Corinthians 16:13

Sometimes you experience more problems after you become a Christian than you did before. ‘Think back on those early days when you first learned about Christ. Remember how you remained faithful even though it meant terrible suffering’ (Hebrews 10:32 NLT). Consider the life of Christ. ‘After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened … And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy”’ (Matthew 3:16-17 NLT). Then we read: ‘Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil’ (Matthew 4:1 NLT). First the call, then the conflict. And that’s still how it works! When Paul was called into ministry, he was given ‘a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted’ (2 Corinthians 12:7 KJV). So when you say yes to God, prepare to be attacked. Satan attacks what he fears, and he fears God’s plan for your life. When a player starts scoring, the other team targets him because they know he is capable of winning. Getting the idea? Before Jesus launched His ministry, Satan offered Him the kingdoms of the world, and he will make you the same offer. So, the only safe place to be is in the centre of God’s will. When Noah was building the ark, he could withstand a hundred years of scorn, but when the job was done, he ended up drunk and disgraced. Paul writes, ‘These things happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us who live at the end of the age. If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall’ (1 Corinthians 10:11, 12 NLT). So, the word for today is – be on your guard!

(1) (Reply)

The Agony Of Being Double-minded With God.... / From God / Solution Encounters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.