Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola (25364 Views)

Election Tribunal: 15 Things Judges Should Consider – Pastor Enenche / 10 Dead Judges Among Newly Appointed Election Petition Tribunals’ Members / CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Alexiiydon: 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
peekspot:

https://www.thecable.ng/afe-babalola-only-retired-judges-should-handle-election-petition-tribunals/amp
baba know say Yoruba Dey tolerate he know he will be forgiven no matter what he did wrong he sharply support obi so the children of hate won’t drag his university in the mud something he build with his sweat
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by zelnababa(m): 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:

I like him because he's not tribalistic like Bola Tinubu
but you that see yoruba as ur enemy you re not tribalistic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by 001Lagos: 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2023
zelnababa:
but you that see yoruba as ur enemy you re not tribalistic.
I am Yoruba so how will I make myself an enemy to my own tribe? Ko possible

2 Likes

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:
My friend will you keep shut!

Yoruba today, Igbo tomorrow.. ain't you tired of all these childish tribal engagements!

That you changed your username from PrinceofLagos to this shows your kind of personality. Only God knows how many usernames you have/use!

Quit being childish and get a life ok!

6 Likes

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by zelnababa(m): 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:
laye laye ojulowo omoluabi Yoruba atata ko ni so gbolohun to so yen.

2 Likes

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by zelnababa(m): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:
laye laye ojulowo omoluabi Yoruba atata ko ni so gbolohun to so yen.

1 Like

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by joyandfaith: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Judolisco(m): 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
Retired judges r from d system and are equally corrupt
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
peekspot:

https://www.thecable.ng/afe-babalola-only-retired-judges-should-handle-election-petition-tribunals/amp
You have spoken well sir, but the druggie and bribe is like ciggar and lighter
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by CENI: 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
muykem:
I disagree with Baba on this? How are going to punish retired judges that misbehave when they are no longer under NJC.

Dey play. The ones under NJC, how many have they punished? The Supreme Court Justices that are NJC themselves, who blow hot and cold with their judgments, who has punished them?

1 Like

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Igwe9(m): 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2023
Saao:
you like him because he supported Obi? That's conditional like to me.
All likes in the world is conditional. It is only hatred that is not conditional, some people hate irrespective of your kindness towards you.
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by whizzler: 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2023
Saao:

Quite funny
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Aguogba(m): 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
muykem:
I disagree with Baba on this? How are going to punish retired judges that misbehave when they are no longer under NJC.
You'll have no reason to punish who didn't misbehave. A retired judge is a "more" upright judge because they have nothing at stake. They're in their twilight, have nobody to impress, wish for better life for younger generations and are likely going to meet their creator soon.

1 Like

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Dididrumz(m): 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
Probably won't still change anything; it's still the same corrupted Nigerians.
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Drefaithful(m): 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2023
I disagree, the serving judges have something at stake, they have career to protect, though despite that they all passed the verdict on technical ground to favour who they deem fit.

Retired judges have nothing at stake, besides, they have become older and weaker to undergo the rigours of election tribunal.

By and large, we need more hands in judiciary as such let the FG recruit more judges, the issue of foot dragging judicial process is becoming abysmal, you will be on a case for more than 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
Tinubu will rule for 8 years as the president of the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Dittodat: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:
This man is one of the respected Yoruba men I like so much

He rallied round Peter Obi during the presidential campaign and even gave Peter a Yoruba title as "OMOWALE" of Yoruba land .

May God almighty continue to bless you in good health and wisdom sir afe babalola.

Obidients Loves you sir ..

Obidiotic LOSER.

Prince of Aba is an Igbo man who hates Yorubas, especially Tinubu. The bottom of Lagos Lagoon is your final destination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by lokho(m): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:
This man is one of the respected Yoruba men I like so much

He rallied round Peter Obi during the presidential campaign and even gave Peter a Yoruba title as "OMOWALE" of Yoruba land .

May God almighty continue to bless you in good health and wisdom sir afe babalola.

Obidients Loves you sir ..

You mean he named him OMOALE
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Philipmoon2(m): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
Where will this tribalism leads us to, the man just said something without mentioning any name nor tribe. But look at what is happening here, it becomes a tribal and political war.
Why don't we read and understand the man so that we can help in actualizing it with the little that we can contribute or afford
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by InvertedHammer: 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
peekspot:

/

It makes sense.

That will be an ample opportunity for them to cash out for the last time. If they like, let them bring down the angels to head election tribunal, as long as the Nigerian factors are still at play, the outcome will always remain predictable.

/

1 Like

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by crossbreedwears(m): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
A retired judge might get a ministerial appointment na
seanfer:
Same SANs who are friends to politicians? A retired Judge will do anyhow He or She likes because there's nothing to lose.
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Kingson28: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2023
[quote author=001Lagos post=124354219]
I like him because he's not tribalistic like Bola Tinubu.

Why are Peter Obi lawyers at the PEPT of only Igbo origin?
Is Peter Obi tribalistic?
Mention ONE Yoruba SAN or ONE Hausa/Fulani SAN among Obi's legal team.

3 Likes

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Poll23: 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
Saao:

Let the old man say anything contrary to their whims and you'll see how they'll bombard him

1 Like

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by Johans2023: 9:39pm On Jul 11, 2023
I agree with this man. The serving judges are looking forward for appointment so they will do everything to please the ruling party.
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by richie240: 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
Saao:
The day d man says something contrary they'll remind him of his 'scratch-faced' heritage.
cool

1 Like

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by kunyeo(m): 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2023
001Lagos:

I like him because he's not tribalistic like Bola Tinubu

When as a Yoruba man you support Tinubu, you are tribalist,but when same Igbos support Peter Obi they are detribalised.What kind of logic is that?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by kayjay69(m): 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
True. It is not a perfect solution but anything but the status quo will be a welcome idea.

However you must remember, in so far as Nigerians are involved, no matter how well intentioned the process is, they will always find a way to make a mess of things.
seanfer:
Same SANs who are friends to politicians? A retired Judge will do anyhow He or She likes because there's nothing to lose.
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by NewDea4: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
Afe Bablo

Babanla Scammer
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by richie240: 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2023
Baba is not an omoale, he's just misguided.
He can be likened to d person scratching an itchy cheek with a viper's fang.

Obviously he doesn't know better.
He should ask wole soyinka who spent 22 months in prison ontop d matter wey nor conssyn am (biafra war) how the same ppl paid him back for his good deeds.
cool

Bolawhitedust:

You are seeing the the hand writing already that Bola don lose case.

Afebabalola Is not an Omo ale ?

1 Like

Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by zudozz: 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2023
Saao:

Why else do u like n support an aged, sick drug addict if not for d fact that he is from ur tribe?

Is nt that conditional like too?
Re: Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola by KanwuliaExtra: 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ndi 'aruba' will call him BABA-ALE very soon. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasuki Released, Re-arrested Again / Fayose At Esuru To Reconcile PDP Factions (Photos) / Senator Akpabio Resigns As Minority Leader (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.