Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee (5930 Views)

NSF 2024: Organizers Begin Search For Ceremonies Team / Bukola Olopade Storms Budapest To Cheer Tobi Amusan, Others / Bukola Saraki And His Daughter, Tosin Saraki, On Her Wedding Day (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Lanrelagboi: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ogun State government, on Tuesday, announced its readiness to hold the 2024 National Sports Festival (NSF) in fulfilment of an earlier promise made by the Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, as it unveiled leading professionals in Nigeria's sports sector as Local Organizing Committee (LOC) members.

It would be recalled that the state government, earlier in May, had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Federal Government, through the Federal Ministry of Sports and Youth Development.

During that occasion, Governor Abiodun had told the Federal Government delegation led by the then Minister of Sports, Mr Sunday Dare, that Ogun State, being a state noted for recording many firsts in all spheres of human endeavour, was ready to host a world-class festival in 2024, asserting that the State had capable hands and sponsors ready to support the bid.

To that end, the former minister, while expressing the FG's acceptance of the proposal noted that the choice of Ogun State as the next host of the NSF was due to its culture of sports development, availability of sporting infrastructure and potential to host a befitting festival that would linger for a long time.

Unveiling the 16-man local organizing committee in Abeokuta, the state capital on Tuesday, Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr. Tokunbo Talabi, in a statement listed former Commissioner for Youths and Sports in the state, Hon. Bukola Olapade as the chairman of the LOC alongside Mr Tilewa Adebayo, a sports enthusiast, as co-chairman.

Olapade, the progenitor of the top-rated Access Bank-sponsored Lagos City Marathon, Abeokuta 10km Marathon race, and the Remo ultra-race, remains topnotch in the world of sports in Nigeria.

Another member of the Committee, Chief (Mrs.) Falilat Ogunkoya-Omotayo (MON) who is regarded as the Queen of tracks is a 1998 World Cup of Athletics Champion, 400 metres grand prix champion, 200 metres world champion, two-time Olympic medalist and the first female Nigerian to win an individual Olympic medal and hold the African record in 400 metres till date.

Others include the Secretary-general of the local organising committee (LOC) for the NSF Edo 2020, Dr Emmanuel Igbinosa, one of Nigeria's notable sports administrators, ex-chairman of the Lagos State Sports Commission (LSSC); working committee of the African Table Tennis Federation (ATTF) and Chairman of the Youth Committee of African Table Tennis Federation, Dr Kweku Tandoh, as well as the renowned sports psychologist and head of the Department of Sports and Exercise Medical Sciences at University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho, Ghana, Professor Oluwaseun Olanrewaju Omotayo,

Also in the Committee are the Vice Chairman of Ijebu Ode Local Government, Hon Dare Alebiosu; Mr. Kunle Solaja, Olusegun Oyende, Mr Olatunji Onatolu, Mrs. Modele Sharafa Yussuf, Demola Are, Abiodun Jubril Elegbede, Ola Opedimeji Adisa, the former Commissioner for Youth & Sports and the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Youth & Sports.
The statement said that the LOC has been mandated to set up subcommittees, made up of various stakeholders to ensure a hitch-free exercise as well as deliver a sports festival that is second to none in the country.

https://www.sports247.ng/ogun-set-to-host-nsf-2024-olopade-adebajo-others-to-lead-16-man-committee/

3 Likes

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by harryboyng(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ogun state that cannot cater for herself na eem wan host NSF 2024. Tooooor. With all the bad roads and poor electricity.

Baba just wan use this one cashout. Another way to Loooooootttttt smiley

4 Likes

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Candidlady: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
sad

Anything from that geopolitical zone ihardly trust or put my faith in..

2 Likes

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by money121(m): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ok
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by sweetjohn(m): 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
Which Ogun? is it the one on killing and shooting spree?

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by ideatoprince18(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2023
May Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee) favor me and my family

4 Likes

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Wanakiki928: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nice one
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
Very Good Development.

God bless Ogun State.

God bless Nigeria.

A better Nigeria all around is all we want at [b][/b].

Let the Games Begin ❤️ 😍 💖 ❣️

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
I think members of the committee are carefully selected.
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
sweetjohn:
Which Ogun? is it the one on killing and shooting spree?
No, the one at your back yard.
You can go change the host state from Ogun to your State, if e too pain you....You hear?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Primusinterpares(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nice one
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Jking20(m): 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hope it goes well as planned
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
Jking20:
Hope it goes well as planned
It will BGG.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
Candidlady:
sad
Anything from that geopolitical zone ihardly trust or put my faith in..
Who your Faith help......

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Bennad(m): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
Awesome
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Akinzo2121(m): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
Dapo wan cash out

1 Like

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by saphiere(f): 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hi all.
I've finally gotten a job but I'm confused.
The employer asked me how much I want to be paid. I gave a figure and he told me he will pay me twice that figure I gave.
I am suspecting a red flag.
He didn't interview me
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
@topic,
Sport is a unifies all and sundry.
Thank Ogun State.

saphiere:
Hi
Hello Sapphire.
Stay blessed.

saphiere:
Please check my post and give your input

saphiere:
Hi all.
I've finally gotten a job but I'm confused.
The employer asked me how much I want to be paid. I gave a figure and he told me he will pay me twice that figure I gave.
I am suspecting a red flag.
He didn't interview me

saphiere:

To start with, what kind of job is it?
(If you won't mind.)
That will give us more details in order to advice you..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Sensiblerealist: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
Ozogula the king of the ........
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Sultechhh: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by saphiere(f): 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2023
post=124355822:

Hello Sapphire.
Stay blessed.

Congratulations to Ogun State and Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Kemadealadire(f): 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2023
The Adire on the governor looks good🥰 you can get fabrics like that from us.
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2023
Kemadealadire:
The Adire on the governor looks good🥰 you can get fabrics like that from us.
Awwwwww ❤️ 💖 ❣️ 💕
We will love to get some from you by August.
We love adires.
God bless the works of your hands sis 😘

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Eggman48: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2023
No wahala
Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Kemadealadire(f): 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2023
post=124355966:

Awwwwww ❤️ 💖 ❣️ 💕
We will love to get some from you by August.
We love adires.
God bless the works of your hands sis 😘
Amen, thank you, we look forward to your patronage🤗

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun To Host NSF 2024, Bukola Olapade, Adebajo, Others To Lead 16-man Committee by Femeto: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
Lanrelagboi:

https://www.sports247.ng/ogun-set-to-host-nsf-2024-olopade-adebajo-others-to-lead-16-man-committee/
Olopade would delivered. He once hosted GATIG as a commisioner of sports in Ogun state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa Is Dead!!! / Birmingham 2022: Isau Ogunkunle Wins Bronze In Men's Para Table-tennis Event / Cameroon Out Of 2nd Consecutive Afcon(south Africa 2013)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.