Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? (7939 Views)

Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction / Interesting Fun Facts About Video Games That Every Hardcore Gamer Should Know / Post Your PSN Ids Here [hardcore Gamers Only] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Bawss1(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2011
Every now and then I see some people referring to themselves or to others as hardcore gamers and I wonder;who is a hardcore gamer? What is hardcore gaming really about? Does it cut across a certain genre of games or consoles or does it refer to the amount of time spent on a game. Can a guy who spends an insane amount of time playing Mario Kart on his Wii be referred to as a hardcore gamer? Or is the term just for those who prefer realistic shoot-em-ups, you know, blood, gore and violence?

How do you identify a hardcore gamer and what games are hardcore?
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by imperiouxx(m): 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
Nuke 'em 24/7 all at the extreme level, no time for sleep and for other stuffs got you a hardcore badge/emblem.
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by tayo03us1: 12:04am On Oct 08, 2011
Hum, my defination of a hardcore gamer will be someone who spends quite sometime palying all kinds of games on different consoles.

A hardcore gamer will see a play a new game like he has been playing it forever. Cos he or she is one with the pad and can flow quickly.

Cheers,
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2011
'How Did This Get To Front Page' thread of the day
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2011
Someone who plays video games as a primary hobby. They tend to spend large amounts of time playing games, often in excess of two or three hours a day.

Hardcore gamers tend to care less about graphics then casual gamers. While some specialize in a single genre, they typically have fairly diverse taste in games, frequently playing a wide variety of games from different genres. They'll often seek out obscure and older games, based on word of mouth or positive critical reception. Hardcore gamers put good gameplay above all else, and don't mind if a good game has poor (or even nonexistent) graphics, sound, characters and plot.

The stereotypical hardcore gamer is out of shape, and has poor hygene. They spend a lot of their disposable income on video games, consoles, or PC upgrades, and a large percentage of their free time either playing video games or discussing them, online and off. They wear either black clothing, or T-shirts with geeky pop-culture references, often to video games. Their social skills may be sub-par, and they may be less likely than others their age to have many friends, a jobs and a girlfriend/boyfriend. Some of these stereotypes are negative, and they certainly don't apply to all hardcore gamers, but there's a fair amount of truth to them.
cool cool
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by cold(m): 11:48am On Oct 08, 2011
cool grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2011
cold:

cool grin

yap thats a gamer right there
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Bawss1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2011
musKeeto:

'How Did This Get To Front Page' thread of the day

You can say that again.  grin grin . . . at least now I can die a fulfilled man - my thread made the homepage. cheesy
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by tomiade1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2011
Bawss1:

You can say that again.  grin grin . . . at least now I can die a fulfilled man - my thread made the homepage. cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by UyiIredia(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2011
@ OP question >>> As has been iterated a hardcore gamer spends a considerable amount of time playing/discussing about video games of various genres.
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by ghostofsparta(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2011
In my opinion, a true hardcore gamer is anyone who after finishing completing an high profile video game such as F.E.A.R. or God of War would later on chose to replay it in the most hardest mode

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by tayo03us1: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2011
ghostofsparta:

In my opinion, a true hardcore gamer is anyone who after finishing completing an high profile video game such as F.E.A.R. or God of War would later on chose to replay it in the most hardest mode

lol, from this definition i would be easily classified as a hardcore gamers. Cos i played GOW3 not only on the hardest level, but also make sure i got all the trophies (yep, got a plat on it).

i think most of the definitions aon this thread are on point.

i think also a hardcore gamer will want to play all games, not just as regards genres, but will want to play all games even if its for bragging rights,
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by tayo03us1: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2011
when you talk of hardcore gamers, please checkout www.hakoom.com.

this person with the user name hakoom currently has the highest ps3 level in the world, level 50.

and guess what, he or she has 15,000 trophies.

man, this is a hardcore gamer. would give an arm and a leg to meet this person. wow
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by ghostofsparta(m): 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2011
I wonder if God of War III can be downloaded into an hacked PS3 console?
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2011
And hardcore gamer is one who is obsessed with playin games, often forgettin to eat bath and do other daily neccesities, I knw cos I've been one b4, Played a particular stage of NEED FoR SPEED porshce challenge for a whole week just to beat my brodas highscore
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by imperiouxx(m): 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2011
imperiouxx:

Nuke 'em 24/7 all at the extreme level, no time for sleep and for other stuffs got you a hardcore badge/emblem.

Hardcore gamer is one who earn trophies and you can earn almost all trophies only at the extreme level of any game. Drrrrat! count GOWs or game's replaying time out of hardcore rating. Check game review online you will see what I mean about GOWs.

tayo03us1:

when you talk of hardcore gamers, please checkout www.hakoom.com.

this person with the user name hakoom currently has the highest ps3 level in the world, level 50.

and guess what, he or she has 15,000 trophies.

man, this is a hardcore gamer. would give an arm and a leg to meet this person. wow

Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by iamjavadem(m): 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
Hardcore gamer must own a sony ericsson xperia play
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Macrophage(m): 7:12pm On Sep 10, 2012
trophies, though not always.
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by sniperwolf(m): 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hardcore gamers are now athletes
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2012
Basically it's a gamer who plays so much, going to work or school is their definition of taking a break. grin

Gaming is their life.

They wake up, game.
go to work and return home, game.
eat dinner, while gaming.
sleep for a few hours then game.

etc.

they also keep up with the latest consoles, accessories and of course games.
nothing passes them.
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Noctis(m): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
Someone who finished Dark souls? I'm telling you guys, everybody has to play this game.
Re: How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? by Junior360(m): 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
A true hardcore gamer is the one who masters any game he plays at all difficulty levels, earns game rewards and surpasses a lot of tough gamers through game challenges. It's like becoming a grandmaster in martial arts.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Triumph His High Score On Subway Surfers? / It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer / You Can Now Install Gta 5 On Android Using These Steps...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.