Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Some Benefits Of Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Benefits Of Religion (294 Views)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / The Prison Of Yahweh And Other 'gods' Of Religion / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Benefits Of Religion by paxonel(m): 5:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
1.Religion Initiates social connections with other members 
2. It creates a sense of belonging to a group
3.It offers trustworthy and safe social engagement
4. Provides moral guidelines to live by (i.e. the importance of doing the right things)
5. It teaches compassion, forgiveness and gratitude
6. It provides spiritual gratification of the mind
7. It is a source of hope for supernatural interventions which positively influences mental health and emotional wellbeing.
8. It accepts any person, whether they are part of a religion or not
9. some religious sects are dedicated to build intelligence of locals encouraging them to learn how to read and write
10. They provide material needs to the poor among them
11. Religion encourages unity among tribes, races and the various economic classes in the society
12. it kicks against polical and social excesses/decadence and acts as a voice for good societal and cultural values
13. some religious organisations build and manage private educational institutions.
14. Some religious leaders provides counselling and family support to their members

2 Likes

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Chronosvineberg(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
You do have a point, ever since I left Jesus and started my romance with the devil. Na me and shege de live o
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by paxonel(m): 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2023
Chronosvineberg:
You do have a point, ever since I left Jesus and started my romance with the devil. Na me and shege de live o

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by sonmvayina(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
What is the benefit of slave trade?
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
You're right! That's why we need not just any religion but the one and only true religion! smiley

paxonel:

4. Provides moral guidelines to live by (i.e. the importance of doing the right things)
7. It is a source of hope for supernatural interventions which positively influences mental health and emotional wellbeing.
9. some religious sects are dedicated to build intelligence of locals encouraging them to learn how to read and write
11. Religion encourages unity among tribes, races and the various economic classes in the society
12. it kicks against polical and social excesses/decadence and acts as a voice for good societal and cultural values
13. some religious organisations build and manage private educational institutions.
14. Some religious leaders provides counselling and family support to their members
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Childfree: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Yes more of like saying Nazis concentration camp has benefits, it brought people together undecided

All you wrote there are ridiculous claims to what religion does. In fact it's the opposite of what religion does.

1 Like

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Childfree: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
paxonel:
Lie
It groups and divide people then teaches them to hate another group. E.g Muslims Vs Christians, olumbu olumbo Vs protestants, Catholic Vs Anglican, Shia Vs sunni

Yeah, group of terrorist and fraudsters

Na lie
Pastor dey shag members wife.

Deceive yourself.
It provides guidelines on how to bomb people and defraud innocent gullible people of their 10% monthly earnings.

Even the concept and attribute of the deities they worship doesn't forgive. E.g Yahweh and Allah dey vex with another deity they called Satan.

A ridiculous religious jumbu humbo with no coherent meaning.

Another ridiculous religious jumbu humbo with no coherent meaning.

Lies
They don't accept LGBTQ community.

It is a means to an evil end. It is called colonialism, teach them rubbish and Rob them.

You must be joking.
Go church collect money let's see
So all the people with begging stories on nairaland don't belong to any religion abi?

Is a lie.
It favours a race over another. Where is black Jesus?

They tag your tribal rituals as demonic.

They value the rich. E.g special sit for a governor. No be Peter obi the rich trader churches were giving him mic up and down?

12. it kicks against political and social excesses/decadence and acts as a voice for good societal and cultural values

Deceive yourself.
No be Peter obi the politician churches were giving him mic up and down? What of Buhari and the rest. Was it for preaching the gospel they handed them mic ?

Yes they milk the poor (offering/tithe), build school's for themselves and the children of the elite which the poor can't afford.

You call telling people their uncle which live in the village is the one causing their problem counseling?

1 Like

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by paxonel(m): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2023
So, what are the benefits of atheism, can someone list them?

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Maynman: 4:14am On Jul 13, 2023
paxonel:
So, what are the benefits of atheism, can someone list them?
You are yet to list benefits of Theism, then we will list for A.theism.
We have Atheistic religions, hope you know.

“Followers were described as Cathars and referred to themselves as Good Christians; in modern times, they are mainly remembered for a prolonged period of mutual conflict and religious persecution – widely regarded as genocide – by the Catholic Church which deemed Catharism a heretical sect.

By fire, by force trinity 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:01am On Jul 13, 2023
Childfree:

Lie
It groups and divide people then teaches them to hate another group. E.g Muslims Vs Christians, olumbu olumbo Vs protestants, Catholic Vs Anglican, Shia Vs sunni
Yeah, group of terrorist and fraudsters
Na lie
Pastor dey shag members wife.
Deceive yourself.
It provides guidelines on how to bomb people and defraud innocent gullible people of their 10% monthly earnings.
Even the concept and attribute of the deities they worship doesn't forgive. E.g Yahweh and Allah dey vex with another deity they called Satan.
A ridiculous religious jumbu humbo with no coherent meaning.
Another ridiculous religious jumbu humbo with no coherent meaning.
Lies
They don't accept LGBTQ community.
It is a means to an evil end. It is called colonialism, teach them rubbish and Rob them.
You must be joking.
Go church collect money let's see
So all the people with begging stories on nairaland don't belong to any religion abi?
Is a lie.
It favours a race over another. Where is black Jesus?
They tag your tribal rituals as demonic.
They value the rich. E.g special sit for a governor. No be Peter obi the rich trader churches were giving him mic up and down?
Deceive yourself.
No be Peter obi the politician churches were giving him mic up and down? What of Buhari and the rest. Was it for preaching the gospel they handed them mic ?
Yes they milk the poor (offering/tithe), build school's for themselves and the children of the elite which the poor can't afford.
You call telling people their uncle which live in the village is the one causing their problem counseling?

Ironically everything he mentioned are benefits of true religion false religions are atheists and agnostics in disguise so they can't measuring up to the standard! smiley
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by MightySparrow: 7:57am On Jul 13, 2023
Chronosvineberg:

Find your way back to Jesus nah!

A problem known is half solved.

1 Like

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Maynman: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2023
Chronosvineberg:
And who do you think the devil is? Look in the mirror 😂

1 Like

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by MightySparrow: 8:02am On Jul 13, 2023
sonmvayina:
What is the benefit of slave trade?

It was a trade. The sellers and buyers made money.
What is the benefit of baby factory business?

The white bought what we displayed as commodity.

1 Like

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by LordReed(m): 9:00am On Jul 13, 2023
paxonel:

Really?
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Image123(m): 9:09am On Jul 13, 2023
LordReed:

Really?

Of course, have you not seen how Myanmar or what's his moniker is trying to force everybody to be religious? i never knew it was a benefit though.
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Maynman: 9:12am On Jul 13, 2023
Image123:

Of course, have you not seen how Myanmar or what's his moniker is trying to force everybody to be religious? i never knew it was a benefit though.
Have you ever wondered why catholic revere VIRGIN mary so much.
She is the mother of God through Trinity, without mary there’s no jesus cheesy
Do you think the concept of virgin women given birth to “son of god” is uncommon?

“See mary, see jesus 🎶 🎶” 😂😂

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Image123(m): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2023
Maynman:

Have you ever wondered why catholic revere VIRGIN mary so much.
She is the mother of God through Trinity, without mary there’s no jesus cheesy
Do you think the concept of virgin women given birth to “son of god” is uncommon?

“See mary, see jesus 🎶 🎶” 😂😂

You really need to see a doctor, sincere advice.
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Maynman: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2023
Image123:

You really need to see a doctor, sincere advice.
You really need to be free from the chains of jews, sincere advice.

Before the orthodox you had in nicea creed was created; the early jewish christians e.g Ebionites, KNEW Iesus chrestus was not born from a virgin, and he got adopted At baptism and he got abandoned at the cross 😂😂
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adoptionism
Catholic don help una edit am so yall will remain blind worshiping jesus, son of pathera.

If not for religion how will you think a VIRGIN can give birth? Think na!!

1 Like

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by paxonel(m): 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2023
T
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Chronosvineberg(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

And who do you think the devil is? Look in the mirror 😂

Na still me be the devil na
You na holy ghost
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Maynman: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2023
Chronosvineberg:

Na still me be the devil na
You na holy ghost
What do you understand by holy and ghost?
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Chronosvineberg(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maynman:

What do you understand by holy and ghost?

Are you a school teacher?
Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by Maynman: 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
Chronosvineberg:

Are you a school teacher?
I’m a teacher in this play.

1 Like

Re: Some Benefits Of Religion by paxonel(m): 3:05am On Jul 16, 2023
e]

(1) (Reply)

The Shortest Distance To Reach God / Gospel Singer Mercy Chinwo Welcomes First Child In Her New Music Vide / Easter 2024: Happy Easter!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.