Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

The Rosicrucian Order - A Visit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rosicrucian Order - A Visit (329 Views)

Rosicrucian Order (AMORC) / The Rosicrucian Order And Its Multiple Lies / Oyakhilome' Similar Teachings With Those Of The Rosicrucian Order, AMORC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rosicrucian Order - A Visit by budaatum: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
budaatum:

Since no one reminded me of this I can say I forgot and cop out. Except that I'm far too curious.

https://maps.app./cbbVNPc7zga544uN8

Link above is so you can travel along. Will update on arrival.

https://www.nairaland.com/7731741/mission/11#124380522

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rosicrucian Order - A Visit by budaatum: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Now, that was a trip! Thankfully, it helped me get in my 5k steps for the day.

First, I'm changing the title of the thread to a trip to the Rosicrucian Order. It was in the Theosophical Society building, but the RO just rent the premises for today's event. The next one would be at the Quakers in Saint Martin's Lane somewhere, as the Theosophical Society is selling the building. Not enough patrons, I joked.

12 people attended today's event. 8 were women and 5 of us were black. There were 2 Asians there too. We were basically introduced to the 9 grades plus one initial introductory grade making 10. Each grade takes about a year, so 10 years of study in all, though I wouldn't be surprised to find the grades extend far beyond the 1+9 we were introduced to. Some, we were told, had been attending lessons for 40 years!

Cost is £77 a quarter, which works out at 25 and a bit a month, for which you'd get reading matter each week with stuff to learn and practise. A lot of it is what I'd call know thyself and the world you live in, though I'd claim a bias, as it could likely mean a lot more or less depending on how one looks and sees. It's more subjective that objective, I'd say, and even the courses are more or less you get what you put into it.

The order of study can be found here:
https://www.amorc.org.uk/study/system

And what each degree teaches is here.
http://amorc.org.uk/study/initiate

Would I join? Na, not really, since a lot of it one can learn oneself by reading lots of books on the various subjects. That said, it does provide a more structured reading than the a la carte reading that I would claim to be used to, so those who can't self learn might benefit.

Would I recommend that any one join? I guess that would depend on the individual. But from the syllabus, I'd say a lot of the stuff is worth learning or at least knowing about, so there.

Sadly, it not being a RO building, there wasn't much to take photos of, but I could not resist taking a picture of the Buddha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rosicrucian Order - A Visit by budaatum: 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
I must say that travelling through London was insightful. I just couldn't not be amazed at the number of homeless I saw sleeping in Oxford Street. And most were foreigners.

1 Like

Re: The Rosicrucian Order - A Visit by budaatum: 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
P.s. For those who might not be aware, this visit was necessitated by some in this thread who seem to think knowing or posting about a thing makes one a member of the society that thing relates to.

For such people, buda is a Muslim because buda quotes the Qur'an, and buda is a Christian because buda quotes the Bible. Funny though that not many claim buda is a Buddhist though buda quotes buddha. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rosicrucian Order - A Visit by kkins25(m): 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2023
They charge Pounds for Africans as well..

(1) (Reply)

Who's To Be Blamed For All The Bad Happenings??? God Or Satan? / Quantum Field Empires Notes / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Send Powerful Message To IGP Over Mohbad Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.