Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors (38046 Views)

Save South East From Collapse, Okonjo-Iweala Tells Governors / How Ex-boko Haram Leader, Shekau, Fled Without Pregnant Wife, Army Tells NHRC / Soldiers In Hot Chase Of Remnant Of Boko Haram Terrorists – Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by naturefellow(m): 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:
Now we are getting the real gist.

Orji Kalu once said any state that is troubled with insecurities, it means the governor of the state allow them..

Can't even remember when last I read about Boko Haram or bandits operating in Borno state cos Gov Zulum did now allow them
you quote a thief... LoL

Says a lot about you. Birds of a feather!
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by helinues: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
RomanGreen:

Definitely not any time soon especially with this patch patch Tinubu policies, we both know only a strong and robust economy driven by local production of goods and services and a balanced international trade can strengthen the naira naturally, any other is just temporary

And na your own prayers be that even though it might affect millions of Nigerians if the rate for extra ordinary high, just because of your own selfish reason.

You know , if they are talking about one of the enemies of Nigeria, you shouldn't be reluctant to say present sir
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by John4B: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
We already know insecurity in the north is political.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by 7arrows: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by Penguin2: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Jamestown123:
People really need to ask the kano state government what they did to end boko haram in Kano state. Because as of 2012 to 2013 kano state was a no go area also, because of boko haram bombing in every major places in the state. Saint Charles Catholic Church in nomansland was bombed and about 60 people including children died. New road park in sabongari, one of the most busiest park in the north was bombed, and about 100 lives was lost. Around 2013 Bompai barrack was attacked, and many people including police men and women lost their lives to that attack, it was hot in kano state that period. Until the kano state government, not the federal government, said enough was enough. And since 2015 till date, kano state has not experience an attack from boko haram anymore. So what did kano state government did, that other states failed to do?
Good observation here.

Kano has been relatively peaceful for a state that is in the region that is the hotbed of banditry.

Other states needs to study what they did.
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by 7arrows: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Chiduwa:
If you have to first beg the governors then something is fundamentally wrong

I swear
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by 7arrows: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
RomanGreen:
WTF! Did I just read? Army that is under the sole command of the president is asking governors for permission to root out terrorists which is a matter of national security..chai, Nigeria is finished o. Shameless Nigerian Army, you guys keep going low daily. I thought the army is answerable only to the president? Why are these soldiers bent on destroying the image of the Nigeria military

U have said it all. Something is fundamentally wrong.
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
Governors let the military do their job, innocent Nigerians are suffering the brunt of the terrorists actions.
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by todugo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
BayLord01:
The problem with fighting terrorism have always be the state governor, Just give COAS one month deadline with all sincerity to clear terrorist & it will be a byegone, imagine troops about to lunch offensive attack and politician (Governor) make call for withdraw but publicly they will say Govnr doesn't have control on the forces.
The governors won't want that because they make money from insecurity. They recieve annual budget to fight insecurity for which they embezzle.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by RomanGreen: 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:

And na your own prayers be that even though it might affect millions of Nigerians if the rate for extra ordinary high, just because of your own selfish reason.

You know , if they are talking about one of the enemies of Nigeria, you shouldn't be reluctant to say present sir

You know for a moment, I thought you were a smart person but with the above submission I could see you are not ..for God's sake God created humans and gave you all senses to use and make life better for ourselves but y'all choose to be ignorant. Chinese, Indians, Japanese and even the Europeans who brought Christianity to us isn't this docile with religious fanaticism, these people use their brains. It's pure laziness to replace hardwork and creativity with prayers ..what are you praying about that God hasn't bestowed on us. You have brains use it abeg.

That's how Pastor Adeboye was prophesying years ago about naira after IMF projection. Wise up please
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by Originalsly: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nazgul:

This is democracy not a military government. Meaning the army cannot just barge into any state with guns blazing without seeking the official consent of the governor.

Bro..... erase what you wrote and stop embarrassing Nigerians. The Army needs no authorization from any Governor ... Senator or politician period except the President.... the Commander in Chief ... head of the military. Military takes orders from military ... not civilians. Of Chief of Staff is not attached to the title of President .... then the President can't instruct the military nor the military need to get approval from the President. I'm shocked such a statement will come from a top ranking military man. Whay else doesn't he know?
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by onajo2000(m): 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
drsmut:
Militants hardly killed any civilian. If they did, it'll probably be by accident

Look at what this one is saying
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by biremi(m): 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
RomanGreen:
WTF! Did I just read? Army that is under the sole command of the president is asking governors for permission to root out terrorists which is a matter of national security..chai, Nigeria is finished o. Shameless Nigerian Army, you guys keep going low daily. I thought the army is answerable only to the president? Why are these soldiers bent on destroying the image of the Nigeria military

No you don't understand,..
Soldiers can't operate in any state of the federation if the governor of that state did not invite them
Ask around you will discover this is the case

That is why the Igbos are castigating their governor's
And that is why sometimes even the directive of IPOB (no matter how weird it sounds) will prevail against that of any SE governor because the governors are seen as the ones who brought in soldiers to kill their own people.
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by akee01(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
There must be a very good reasonable explanation for a state governor to also be the chief security officer of d given state..
Which includes being the chief grand commander of any security personnel within the jurisdiction of his state including d military because guess what..... It's a democracy era not d dictatorship military type of governance......

RomanGreen:
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by biremi(m): 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
Originalsly:

Bro..... erase what you wrote and stop embarrassing Nigerians. The Army needs no authorization from any Governor ... Senator or politician period except the President.... the Commander in Chief ... head of the military. Military takes orders from military ... not civilians. Of Chief of Staff is not attached to the title of President .... then the President can't instruct the military nor the military need to get approval from the President. I'm shocked such a statement will come from a top ranking military man. Whay else doesn't he know?

There's a provision in the constitution that requires that governors as chief security officers of their respective states should be the ones to invite the army through Mr president in the case of any security bridge
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by flokii: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
Late President Yar'adua shouldn't have allowed the calls for amnesty see light of the day.. too many lazy and selfish people want to continue cashing out under the amnesty programme.
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by godofuck231: 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Weapons loose ! No quarters!
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by Baatunde(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
Some people must have failed English Comprehension multiple times in secondary school. This article is so straightforward and self explanatory but people with mischief who just always want to criticise for fun cannot fully comprehend or chose not to.

The Army is talking about the so called amnesty package of state governors being given to bandits and other terrorists.... which might have been done in good faith but which apparently is not working. This is what is hampering the operations of the Army to effectively combat these elements and not that Army is asking permission of state governors, because irrespective of whatever plan the Army has in place they must still consult with and agree with the respective governors as the chief security officers of each state.

The military cannot just go into a state with guns blazing without proper consultation with the governors, this is democracy and things dont just work the way some people imagine it .......
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by nkemjacob2(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2023
[/i]They use terrorism as a tool to achieve their [b][/b] angryobjectives. Sponsor of bandits bokoharam are in government. GEJ[i]
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by omooba969(m): 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Àwon oloriibu, they want to start killing people's children and tag them terrorists.

Àwon oníranù gbogbo.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by RealEzee(m): 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
grin another season premiere from ApC

Shebi dem say dem don destroy boko haram abi na insurgency systematically ,which one b dis again? grin

Dis country dey on cruise control
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by RealEzee(m): 11:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
Baatunde:
Some people must have failed English Comprehension multiple times in secondary school. This article is so straightforward and self explanatory but people with mischief who just always want to criticise for fun cannot fully comprehend or chose not to.

The Army is talking about the so called amnesty package of state governors being given to bandits and other terrorists.... which might have been done in good faith but which apparently is not working. This is what is hampering the operations of the Army to effectively combat these elements and not that Army is asking permission of state governors, because irrespective of whatever plan the Army has in place they must still consult with and agree with the respective governors as the chief security officers of each state.

The military cannot just go into a state with guns blazing without proper consultation with the governors, this is democracy and things dont just work the way some people imagine it .......
do u mean d military drama at lekki tollgate 20.10.20 was in coordination with the lagos state govt ?
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by generationz(f): 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
helinues:
Now we are getting the real gist.

Orji Kalu once said any state that is troubled with insecurities, it means the governor of the state allow them..

Can't even remember when last I read about Boko Haram or bandits operating in Borno state cos Gov Zulum did now allow them

Lies, They killed 15 farmers in June this year in Borno.

1 Like

Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by Akharmony: 11:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
Any terror attack that last over 48hr know that the government is involved..Late General Sani Abacha.
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by A40(m): 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/give-us-free-hand-to-wipe-out-terrorists-army-tells-governors/
Any insurgency that lasts longer than 24 hours, Government hand is inside

Sani Abacha - 1994
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by richie240: 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2023
Dey play

How many elites see d tellolists as criminals?
See a 'presidential candidate' famzing with his tellolist blodas in d image below:

RomanGreen:
WTF! Did I just read? Army that is under the sole command of the president is asking governors for permission to root out terrorists which is a matter of national security..chai, Nigeria is finished o. Shameless Nigerian Army, you guys keep going low daily. I thought Hthe army is answerable only to the president? Why are these soldiers bent on destroying the image of the Nigeria military
Canyou/Do u treat a symptom you don't blv in its existence in d first place?
How many igbo govs/leaders (apart from d likes of Umu Chineke-soludo) has called out and condemned ipob/ESN? Virtually none.
Let's all keep playing d ostrich!
cool

Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by Ubanz: 1:09am On Jul 13, 2023
Rubbish talk.
Do the military receive orders from the governors?
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by AjaoEstater(m): 1:26am On Jul 13, 2023
Wait I thought Defence was FG responsibility? Chai the 36 states seems to be where everything begin and end in nowadays (water, housing, education, healthcare, electricity, railway/transport, infrastructure, tourism, local government (LGAs, LCDAs, wards, cities, towns, villages), laws, courts including chief judges, prisons, gaming (gambling), environment, revenue services etc.).I hope the 36 dont have their own army like US 50. Scary 😁😰😂
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by Ykc2(m): 3:29am On Jul 13, 2023
Wodu89:
Wahala wants to start. They will say Southern Kaduna and south wants to retaliate. The coming days will be funny. Under Buhari the unrepentant salafist, over 65,000 deaths were committed by BH yet we don't have a single person successfully jailed for these crimes. Even the druglird called Kyari is deemed to be granted pardon for peddling hard drugs when we have southerners in jail for just marijuana for close to a decade. What a rotten society
agbadorians don start you people are the ones shouting buhari is free to appoint only fulani people now una don dey speak another tone
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by onumadu: 4:13am On Jul 13, 2023
I can't describe it, but there is this relief in the air since Buhari's exit from Aso rock.
If Buhari were still there, this conversation won't even arise.

It is a very good thing that Buhari is GONE.
Re: Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors by lesbiconverter: 4:16am On Jul 13, 2023
crossbreedwears:
I don't understand how someone will sponsor terrorists to destroy lifes and properties
Sadly they do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘They’ Want To Kill Me, Ex-militants Leader Tompolo Writes Buhari / Niger Republic Celebrates Buhari’s 76th Birthday (Photos) / President Jonathan Looks Very Dapper In This Suit (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.