Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs (18619 Views)

Oyo Assembly Approves Nomination Of Bayo Lawal To Replace Olaniyan As Deputy Gov / Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor / Reverse Your Nomination Of MD NDDC, Delta Ijaws Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Nemere2020: 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2023
The Senate on Thursday at plenary confirmed the appointment of Service Chiefs, nominated by President Bola Tinubu.

Senate’s confirmation was sequel to the consideration and approval of a motion brought by Senate Majority leader, Sen. Opeyemi Bamidela (APC-Ekiti) on confirmation of the shortlisted service chiefs.

The service chiefs confirmed are: Chief of Defence Staff, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja, Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Emmanuel Ogalla, and Chief of Air Staff, AVM Hassan Abubakar.

Before their confirmation, the Senate suspended its order 1b and rule 1b, to make provision for the admittance of strangers into its chamber.

Those admitted into the chamber included the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Abdullahi Gumel, the nominated service chiefs and other strangers.

Thereafter, the service chiefs took turn to highlight their career profile and professional experiences, before senate resolved into a close session that lasted for three hours for screening of the nominees.

Earlier, Mr Musa, nominee for the Chief of Defence Staff, pledged the commitment of the Armed Forces to serve Nigerians in line with the dictates of the Constitution.

He said his nomination was an opportunity to bring his vast experiences to bear for the security, protection of lives and properties of Nigerians, and pledged to do his best to justify the confidence reposed on him.

Nominee for Chief of Naval Staff, Mr Ogalla said he would put in his best to upgrade the standard he met, assuring Nigerians that he was fully prepared for the job.

According to him, he will improve existing strategies and develop new ones to secure the nation’s maritime waters.

Mr Ogalla said he would collaborate with other services to secure the nation’s waterways, adding that he would initiate continuous monitoring and surveillance to achieve maximum result.

The nominee for Chief of Air Staff, Mr Abubakar said he would mobilise the nation’s air power to ensure peace and security of the country, in line with the aspiration of the president.

He commended the efforts of previous leaders of the air force, but said a lot more needs to be done to revamp the fighting capabilities of the Nigerian Air Force.

Mr Tinubu had in a letter addressed to President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio and read at plenary on Tuesday, sought approval of the Senate to confirm the service chiefs, in line with Section 18 (1) of the Armed Forces Act, 2004.

https://dailynigerian.com/senate-confirms-nomination/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by 6ixVille: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
FTC first timer... Tho i could care less about the story. Im sha dedicating ds FTC to my cousin who is also a nairalander bt just relocated to Canada..gon miss u bro. May the FTC favor me and my family

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Amuluonyenaego: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
Why oga tinubu no wan appoint new DSS dg, it kept me thinking 🤔

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by BayLord01(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
I hope they perform & rescue Nigeria from this insecurities

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by babaRUNtinz(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
OK, make una do am well ó!!

Mr Lagbaja and Co.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by timiade446(m): 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
PBAT is getting kicked out soonest 🤠

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Ijaya123: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
Now let the job begins.

IPOB
Boko Haram
ISWAP
Terrorists under any disguise should be taken out completely.

Take no prisoners!!! I repeat, TAKE NO PRISONER!!!

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Blackestjunior(m): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
Formalities.. The GCFR as appointed them
Won't dey confirm Dem before, na promotion remain to 3 Star generals and the CDS to a full 4 star general

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Iykeabc(m): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
Wishing our service chiefs well

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Depriest2020: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
They have done well. Now time for action.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Molfax: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2023

1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Anguldi(m): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2023
Tiger abi Lion on the loose now tongue
Slawomir and Boogeyman b kiaful oOoOO

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by LowKeyManny: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by IdJack(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2023
Noted.

We wish them well.

I believe they will work toward the safety and security of the country.
God bless Nigeria.

Check my signature for something HUGE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Exclusive86: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
timiade446:
PBAT is getting kicked out soonest 🤠
really

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by izubext007: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
foundation layed

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Ikaeniyan0: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
Congratulation to the service chiefs
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by damkin24(m): 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2023
God help you all to perform optimally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by timiade446(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
Soonest by God’s grace
Exclusive86:
really

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Manson1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by damble: 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
10th assembly
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Exclusive86: 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2023
timiade446:
Soonest by God’s grace
I pray o

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by timiade446(m): 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2023
Exclusive86:
I pray o
🌚🌚
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Electorate: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
Service Thieves...grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
Blackestjunior:
Formalities.. The GCFR as appointed them
Won't dey confirm Dem before, na promotion remain to 3 Star generals and the CDS to a full 4 star general

Is GCFR a position or a person?

Is it compulsory for the service chiefs to be promoted in rank?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
BayLord01:
I hope they perform & rescue Nigeria from this insecurities

Is that their job?
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ok, noted.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by lexy2014: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
Why oga tinubu no wan appoint new DSS dg, it kept me thinking 🤔

The present DG na Tinubu correct paddy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by trevorlinda: 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
wit there appointment dey will grant amnesty to boko boys
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by Racoon(m): 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
One just hope their reign will improve the grave widespread insecurity pervading this nation.
Re: Senate Confirms Nomination Of Service Chiefs by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
I HOPE THEY ACT AND DO THEIR JOBS TO FAVOUR AND HELP CITIZENS.

JESUS IS LORD

WEALTH IS GOOD.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Borrows N5trn From Pension Funds / VP Osinbajo, SAN, Declares Open The 2018 Independence Day Photo Exhibition / Breaking: Buhari, Tinubu Others Attends Emergency APC Caucus Meeting Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.