Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict (844 Views)

Baba Ijesha: Iyabo Ojo, Princess, Others In Court As Sitting Resumes / Death Sentence: Maryam Sanda Cries In Court As She Is To Die By Hanging / Mompha Smiles In Court As EFCC Shares Official Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by naijaadvance3: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
There was a mild drama in a Chief Magistrates’ Court in Badagry, Lagos state on Wednesday, July 12, as a nominal complainant, James Bassey, broke down in tears to beg for leniency for a dry cleaner, Pius Savoir, who was sentenced to one month for stealing a pressing iron and N20,000.

The Prosecution counsel, ASP Ikem Uko, told the court that the convict committed the offence on July 6 at about 7:00pm at Yeponnawa Str. Church-Gate, Lagos. Uko said the convict stole a pressing iron and N20,000, property of Bassey, the complainant. The prosecutor said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 287 of the Criminal Law of Lagos, 2015.

Delivery judgment in the case today July 12, Chief Magistrate Patrick Adekomaiya sentenced Savior following his guilty plea and presentation of the facts of the case. Adekomaiya noted that the convict was a first offender and that the court will be lenient.

The Magistrate thereby sentenced Savior to one-month imprisonment, to spend seven days in prison and the remaining three weeks in Morogbo Police Station, where he would be reporting daily for community service.

Immediately after the Magistrate pronounced her ruling, Bassey burst into tears and pleaded that the convict should be pardoned.

β€œMy Lord, I don’t have wife or children, it is this convict that always takes care of me. He used to help me to do all my domestic work and massage me, but the habit of stealing my things is too much, that is why I reported him when he stole my money and pressing iron. If you sentence him to prison now, nobody will be assisting me and this could lead to my death,” he said.

2 Likes

Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by naijaadvance3: 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2023

Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by izonborn098(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
I think i don see everything for this life, but this one shock me and still emotional at the same time

1 Like

Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by TemplarLandry: 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
grin Na who go solve this matter?
I dedicate β€œThe Matter” by Zlatan feat. Papisnoop to them. Funny jam!

1 Like

Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by Writergreat68(m): 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by Akaegwu(m): 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2023
The Guy fit be cultist ooooo
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by donbachi(m): 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
Alot of people get mental problem

1 Like

Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by Xxxxtentacion2: 8:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
Three weeks in police station be like three weeks in hell...
Those wey don enter go confirm...
I no go ever pray for my enemy to enter police cell...
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by naijaadvance3: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
He knows that him come report am, wetin he expects when you sue h
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by Westerhoffe(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
smiley
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by Styluss: 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
lmao

Mynd44
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by AhmedGhost(m): 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
Hmm things are happening πŸ€”
This is emotional thoπŸ₯Ή
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by omniwater: 11:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
All of them are mad!
The judge, the complaint and the convict are all mad.

They should get out!
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by adecz: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2023
Then, why you carry am go court
in the first place❓❓
Re: Drama In Court As Complainant Begs On Behalf Of Convict by naijaadvance3: 11:10am On Jul 18, 2023
adecz:

Then, why you carry am go court
in the first place❓❓

Abi nahoo

(1) (Reply)

Us Professor Shot In Niger Delta / Black Market / Police Arrest Two Men For Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.