Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Sweet Nothings ��✨ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sweet Nothings ��✨ (850 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
I am Gina, a sweet college intern at Tor and Tolls construction company (T&Ts).
I was confused and I found it difficult to differ between true love and fantasy.

Over the years, I’ve enjoyed sugarcoated words which I thought were true and from the heart. I’ve made really bad decisions and it affected my life so bad. It even hurt the one I love the most.

They were days I was happy, truly happy. I can’t believe I fell a prey for someone I thought I had, someone I thought was mine and I loved him deeply.

He saw me falling for him every single day and he encouraged me, he very well knew I was falling into his trap.

Lying on this sick bed, tears becloud my eyes and I seem to finally see and understand why I lost my way.

could it too late for me to right all my wrongs?

Will Duke ever forgive me and love me again like he used to?

It all started at T&Ts Construction Company... It all started with one name, Daremi.
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 12:09am On Jul 14, 2023
Sweet Nothings is an epic Romance Novel. Filled with Love, erotic romance, betrayal, jealousy, manipulation, hatred, adventure, violence and beauty.

Gina is a beautiful, coax, smart but gullible young girl who tries to make her way and explore life for what she thought it was.
Her manipulative boss didn't seize the chance to prey on her using her desires as he waited patiently for her to give herself up before he devoured her like a lion conquering it's prey.

Gettingg lost in between what is and what has become, Gina tries to find her path to freedom and peace while the turdles of pride and lust tries to consume her.

Join me on this radical ride as we explore the tales about Gina, the sweet, smart intern who was made a spectacle of who she really is because of lust, pride and reckless fantasy.
What lies ahead of her?
What is her fate?!
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2023
Chapter One

*_Secret Admirer*_

*Duke I love*
^Daremi my spec^

Passing through the work lobby I felt a hand take a grip on me and I turned to see who it was.

Lanky... I sighed unbelievably as I watched him smile sheepishly.

I hated myself for giving him audience, he was the most annoying person I've ever seen.

“What do you really want Lanky? Why are you pestering me?” I questioned rudely.

Before me stood a slim, frail, fair, tall young man who have been following me around like a puppet just to try and have a word with me.

“Common babes just hear me out... Please!” he begged.

Some guys in his work space were watching us, they were Lanky’s acquaintances. They looked rather displeased and offended by Lanky’s courtship behavior towards me.

“Dem use this girl swear for lanky?” His friend Somto said, agitated.

“Wetin be this now?” He added, looking fade up.
“Calm down man, chill.” Another said to him, patting him on his shoulders.

“No naww, how person go just dey disgrace him sev like this like mumu,” he pointed at us. “E just dey pepper me for body.” He confessed bitterly.

“Babes plenty… why this one? Na she be the only fine intern wey dey here? Girls plenty, girls plenty … haba!” he added annoyed.

Lanky was his friend, I get it. It hurts to see him rejected by the same girl over and over again like he’s a nobody, which he is…

“Guy chill, no take am personal na so Lanky dey misbehave.” Another said, comforting him, as he walked back to his work desk eyeing us.

I noticed the commotion among his colleagues in the office. I overheard them…

“I don’t think your friends like the fact that you’re disturbing me.” I said, turning to Lanky, I’m sure he heard them too.

Before he could say anything else I added, “Please, leave me alone.” I said and walked away immediately like the baby girl that I am.

“Gina… Gina…” Lanky kept yelling my name. “Gin…” he stopped when he noticed I wasn’t going to respond to him.

Well, whatever…

“Ooooh… why una dey like this naw?!” Lanky said to his colleagues, looking frustrated.

“Una no even gree me talk to that babe even for one second. And today wey she look my side…” he complained.

“Abegi…” Somto cut in.

“Yen yen yen… dem swear for you and that babe? Abeg get out jare…” Somto said, brushing his shoulder with his while walking out on him.

“If dem use juju do you, no go find your mama now wey road no far.” He said on his way out.
Lanky looked at him speechlessly before turning to the rest of the crew.

They all had one bad eye for him, showing off one offensive attitude or the other.

“Wetin now?!” he asked all of them but none replied him.

He couldn’t hide his frustration and didn’t understand why they were acting so rudely.

Nobody answered him, they sighed and seem to suddenly mind their businesses and focus on work.

Meanwhile… I walked into the MDs office.
“Good morning Sir.” I greeted, with a smile.

“Yea… Gina. How are you?” he smiled back, giving me attention.

“I’m fine sir.” I curtsied.
“So what brings you here? How may I help you?” he asked, swirling in his office chair.

“Sir… It’s about the sales record Mr. Collins gave me to work on. Sir… honestly I don’t know what I’m doing.” I said playfully.

Mr. Daremi chuckled. “Here…” he stretched out his hand. “Bring it over here let me see.” He urged and I did.

“Let’s see …” he lowered his head, glancing through the record book after I placed it on his table.

“I don’t know why you’re bringing this to me though, Collins is the one in charge of all you interns and your wahala …” he said chuckling.

“I know Sir…” I curted. “Just that you explain stuffs to me better than he does .” I said, pouting.

“Hmm.” Mr. Daremi sighed. He looked at the record book again and started explaining some of the stuffs to me.

His eyes couldn’t help but refrain from the book once in a while and stare into my neat brown cleavages that bore two dangling round, mush mellows.

He’d smile to himself every now and then. “All these university girls sha…” He sighed within.
“If only I can get someone this handsome, rich and single like Mr. Daremi.” I thought to myself, admiring him while looking at the book.

“Then all my worries about this internship is over, in fact my worry for life is over. I can see him steal glances at my brea.st though…” I smiled within. “Men … so predictable.”

“Hey hey… hey… come-on naw I said I’m sorry.” Duke said apologizing to a raging Gina, me.
“All you say is sorry Duke! I’m stressed, I’m tired. When will you stop this?” I queried, annoyed.

“She isn’t who you think she is. She is just my colleague at work, my friend….” He said shrugging.

“Just a friend? A colleague?...”I questioned.
“Just a friend and she has posted pictures of you everywhere all over social media? Just a friend and you tell her literally everything?! …

Duke you’re pulling my strings oo I’m even having headache sev. Chai!” I touched my head dramatically.

“I swear I’m on a tight rope, don’t just provoke me.” I warned, pushed him aside and stormed into the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

Duke came to the door, banging…

“Gina… Gina… look, I’m sorry, see listen to me… that’s all on her, that’s all her doing… She thinks she’s in love but I don’t feel same for her, I only love you. Gina come on naww… open the door!” He kept knocking.

“So I’m I going to sleep in the parlor now?” he asked.

… I sighed exhaustively when I realized I still had work to do.

I went into a trance, replaying the last fight I had with my boyfriend the previous night.
I sat clueless, staring at the computers screen.

Then I saw my work friend, Aza coming towards our shared work desk. I exhaled deeply, a sign of relief.

Aza was like a guru when it comes to computer and everything related to it, she looked really excited and jolly today.

If for anything, but her walking steps, she looked like she was about to fall, she made walking look so stressful.

Her over weight bo.obs and tight blouse didn’t make breathing easy for her.

Her tight pencil skirt made it way too difficult for her legs to move far from each other, it was even more difficult for her to walk on those heels.

Plus the sweat drops on her face? She was an eyesore right now.

Aza took in deep breathes when she arrived our work desk.

Standing in front of me, I can hear her breathing heavily… she must’ve walked a thousand miles.
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
Chapter Two

_*Shakara*_

Duke my love
Daremi my spec

Standing in front of me was Aza breathing vigorously, I can hear her breathe as her chest went up and down rhythmically… she must’ve walked a thousand miles.

“This one you’re just looking at the computer like this… like person wey never chop for two days now, hope you’re okay?” She said.
This was her way of showing concern.

“I dey alright sha, but Aza…” I sighed, scratching my head.

“You know that you’re the only computer engineer that we have on this space...” I praised.

“Ehnn...” She said expectantly. Waiting for me to complete my sentence, she knew that wasn’t all there was to it.

“To be honest ehnn, I no go lie you, I no understand wetin I dey see for this computer like this.” I confessed playfully.

“See your mouth, I no know… you no know anything na water dey this your coconut head.” Aza jested, hitting my head playfully with a bundle of unused papers .

“Help me jare!” I pleaded. “That’s why I have you…” I pouted.

“Oya make I see wetin dey suffer you here since…” Aza said and spared a glance at my computers screen.

“Ahhh small spreadsheet na em you dey complain?” she lashed.

“Ahhh Aza small small now.” I pleaded almost covering her mouth with my hands. “No cast me for here, abeg.” I whispered.

"Make dem no feel say I no Sabi book." I whispered codedly.

“Sorry.” Aza apologized, rolling her eyes. "Na only God know who you wan impress for this company, you this girl." She touched the tip of my nose.

I chuckled softly. "Abeg make dem no see me finish." I said.

“No worry, I go show you how you to run am later. You hear?” She said, taking her sit beside me.
I nodded affirmatively.

“For now make I rest first…” she hissed. “I don waka tire, oga Collins don turn me to erand girl.” She complained, cleaning the sweat drops from her face with her kerchief.

I chuckled … “dem don see intern naw. Me I no send” I added, raising my hands dramatically.

Aza dropped some work papers on our desk, the ones she was sent to print from the computer room.

She sat back and looked at me.

“This one wey your face still dey like this ehn… mmm... Let me mind my business sha oo before they say Aza na apbroko.” She joked, pouting.

“Chai! Aza you sev ehn...” I teased, shaking my head.

Sighting the entrance to my boyfriend’s house from the road, I sighed.

Not sure what I was going home to, wasn’t ready for his troubles, wasn’t ready to face him this night.

Not after what happened the last time.

And Yes, I’ve been staying with him for a while now, not because I can’t get a place of my own it’s just that… that’s how we wanted to be. We wanted to be together, close to each other always… that sort of thing.

You know… but now, I think I’m starting to want my own space.

I hissed when I got to the front door, flash backs of our previous fight which we haven’t made up for yet started running through my mind.

I removed my shoes and stepped into the house, I was exhausted.

When I entered the house, I met him there… sitting on the sofa, watching football with his friend Rooney.

He heard the door squeak as I walked in so he turned to see who it was.

“Hey babe.” He said to me with a smile before fixing his eyes back on the TV.

“Welcome.” He added, acting like nothing happened like we didn’t have a fight last night.
I was pissed I won’t lie, so I went mute on him and rolled my eyes.

“Hey Gina.” Rooney greeted.

“Hey Rooney, what’s up?” I replied Rooney more warmly.

Duke furrowed eyebrows at me, I guess he was jealous that I was nicer to Rooney than I was to him but then he looked at the clock,

“Its past nine babe, does your company work this late nowadays?” he asked, looking confused.

I scoffed, ignoring him… I walked towards the bedroom.

Duke watched me speechlessly as I walked by, to him I guess that was disrespectful but I couldn’t care less.

Swinging my waist like… I’m sure he must be wondering why I snubbed him. What he said or do wrong…
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
Chapter Three
[i]
_*Love is Hard_*

Swinging my waist like… I’m sure he must be wondering why I snubbed him. What he said or do wrong…

Well, if you must know... he didn’t have to do anything but pretend that we’re cool when we were not cool isn't cool.

“Guy, guy guy…” Rooney tapped him, he was still staring at me.

He shook off the worry and turned to the TV again, trying to get his head back in the game.

“Watch this,” Rooney said. “Oshimen!… Is about to kick the ball… oh oh…” he exaggerated, getting on his feet. “Goal!!!” he yelled excitedly.

“I knew it! That was fantastic! So clean and nice... Did you see that?” Rooney said overreacting.

“Yea… I saw that.” Duke waved a smile, trying to get his head back in the game as he watched the replay.

“19 minutes left! Guy!!” Rooney said, patting his shoulders. “This is the best EP league ever!” he yelled. “Wooo!!!”

Duke chuckled dryly to that.

(Duke’s POV)

… I was questioning myself… cause honestly, I do not understand that girl right now.

What was that for? And for what? Did I ask amiss?

Why is she coming home by this time, this isn’t the first time she has done this, this is the third time this has happened in two weeks… shouldn’t I be concerned?

Anyway… after Rooney’s gone, she’d explain to me why the disrespect. Hurting my pride.

(My POV)

I went into the bedroom, undressed and wrapped myself in a towel, ready to take a shower.

My tommy was grumbling, so I decided to visit the kitchen first and see if Duke had prepared anything while I was away.

He was off work today, so he must’ve cooked something, I hoped.

I took bold steps and headed towards the kitchen, yawning.

I got there and opened literally anything and everything I could think would contain food, and found nothing but empty pots and dirty plates.

Like… was there some party hosted here today or what? What’s it with all the dirty plates from food vendors? - I wondered, frowning… I left the kitchen disappointed.

I went to the fridge and there was nothing tangible there too.

“I really need to restock the groceries.” I told myself.

Well, good thing is I had fish pepper soup during my time out with Aza this evening but men… that alcohol was really taking a toll on me.

It was making me hungry, sleepy and tired especially sleepy. I wasn’t sure I’d survive the night if I don’t eat.

And I wouldn’t stay awake for long especially after taking that cold water shower I wanted.

I fell into deep sleep few minutes after I got out of the bathroom.

I didn’t get to see Rooney leave, why the need to though, he’s not a stranger.

Duke came to bed hours later and decided to wake me from my sweet slumber.
He wanted us to talk…

I would’ve loved to but sleep had a different toll on me and I couldn’t help but give in.

“Uh-ugn… No Duke, I have work tomorrow, I don’t have time for this I want to sleep. Please …” I refused.

“…” Duke was surprised and disappointed. “I go to work too you know?” he said, stressing.
“How could you disrespect me in front of my friend?” he queried.

“So this is about you?!” I said, eyed him and sighed back to bed.

“Gina…” he called feeling frustrated. “I know you can hear me, Gina! Don’t ignore me, Gina!” he grunted.

He didn’t want to touch me so he won’t hit me out of rage, so he left the room furious.

“Seriously?” I sighed. “Can’t we talk about that girl Sandra? Who’s always posting him on and offline? With annoying love captions?”
“Talk about disrespect!.” I sighed and readjusted myself on the bed.
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2023
.... Cont'd

The next morning, there was more of an awkward silence between us, not very strange but we barely not talk to each other.

We were avoiding each other, including making any eye contact.

I stepped into a bus, heading to work, left him there dressing up.

He woke up late and I knew he’d be late because I was awake early enough but I didn’t wake him.

I was starving, yawning up and down, plus my grumbling tommy.

I decided to purchase roasted plantain and sauce from a road side vendor. I wasn’t filled but it helped with the worms at least.

I met Aza already on seat, working on the system… “Wow…” I blinked unbelievably.

“Someone came to work early today… woke from the bright side of the bed even.” I complimented, standing in awe in front of her.

“He released you today on time, didn’t he? That’s wow.” I teased.

She pretended to focus on work, avoiding me.
I cleared my throat audibly so she’d know, I was waiting for a comment from her and her snub tactic won’t work on me.

She raised her head, tilting to her left, she looked at me like, “What’s your problem girl?.”
I smiled to my right cheek and looked at her victoriously.

“Oh please stop…” she told me, feeling uncomfortable.

“Don’t I come early to work on other days?” she asked.

“Yeah you do but barely.” I replied. “Plus… you’re smiling and working at the same time, a rare combination. Is there something humorous on the computer?.” I asked playfully, pretending to search the computer screen.

“I’m not catching…” I shrugged.
She rolled her eyes and turned to me. “I have a feeling that Mario will ask me to marry him today?” She said excitedly.

“Okay… maybe not today but soon...” She added with a twisted truancy smile.

The smile on my face faded as it was replaced with disappointment… wasn’t what I was expecting to hear though but – shrugs.

“And you’re sure because?!.” I asked doubtfully, with a twisted look.

“I don’t know…” she shrugged and turned to the computer again. “I just feel it.” She said emphatically.

“Don’t place your hopes high hun…” I told her, dropping my tote bag on the work desk.

“I even thought he did something special like bring you breakfast on bed.” I rolled my eyes.
“He asked me out to a fancy restaurant and he barely does that.” She said, breaking the camel’s back.

“Wow…” I was amazed.

“He even asked for my genotype and when it’s appropriate to come and see my parents.” She added.

“Ugh…” I sighed. “That’s definitely a good sign.” I said thoughtfully.
“I know right?...” She giggled.

“Aghhh so you’ll be off the single market soon.” I furrowed my brows, carrying a puppy face.

“I’m happy for you friend.” I hugged her. “Ahhh… God when!.” I lamented.

“Oh please, what about Duke?.” She asked, brushing her shoulders on mine.

My facial expression changed. “Oh please…” I rolled my eyes.

“I have no hopes on that one. I don’t see plans anywhere and he’s not taking me seriously, this his work girl friend Sandra has always been so clingy to him, long conversations, phone calls, chats, posts all over social media. I’ve lost all hopes on him abeggg…” I said sighing.

Aza looked at me speechlessly. “That’s plenty. Is he actually cheating on you with her?” she asked.

“I don’t know honestly, their relationship doesn’t seem threatening but I’m on guard.” I said. “To top it all we’re not in talking terms.” I added coolly.

“And you’re fine with it? Like it doesn’t bother you that Sandra is all over the place?.” She said.

“So you’ll just sit and watch another girl steal your man? Someone you’ve worked hard for? All your labor over the years... Taken away from you and enjoyed by someone else?” she questioned boring into my eyes.

“What?.” I asked feeling uncomfortable.

“Its not like he needs saving. I don’t know what to do with him. You know I don’t like stress.” I said. “Honestly speaking, I think I’m tired even, I need a break.”

“She’s ready to give him everything you’re not. What’s there?.” She argued.

“I’ve tried … and I’m tired.” I said emphatically.
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Chapter Four

“So you’ll just sit and watch another girl steal your man? Someone you’ve worked hard for? All your labor over the years... Taken away from you and enjoyed by someone else?” she questioned boring into my eyes.

“What?.” I asked feeling uncomfortable.

“Its not like he needs saving. I don’t know what to do with him. You know I don’t like stress.” I said. “Honestly speaking, I think I’m tired even, I need a break.”

“She’s ready to give him everything you’re not. What’s there?.” She argued.

“I’ve tried … and I’m tired.” I said emphatically.
She wanted to say something when I cut in…
“Aza please… I’m having headache just talking about this.” I rubbed my temple gently.

We were quiet for a while, what she said resonated in my head and that was disturbing so I added annoyingly.

“No o she should give him na, she should come and see what I’ve been going through cause I’m tired of trying and it’s yielding no efforts.” I complained.

“Well… some women don’t care. I’m just saying.” She shrugged turning to the computer.

I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.
“Those women out there are brutal and merciless. Its your relationship sha, I was just trying to help…” she raised her hands, shrugging.

I sat quietly for a while, wild thoughts running through my head. “I get it.” I said calmly.
“Thanks buh I think we should take it slowly.” I curted. “We need to refocus.”
She nodded silently.

The MDs car engine revved at the parking lot in front of the building and I could sight him from where I sat.

I watched him alighted from his SUV, dressed in a lovely pattern suit.

I smiled and started day dreaming, Aza caught me and brushed her elbow against mine.

“Don’t tell me this is your fantasy.” She curted, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

“Oh please …” I taunted, snapping out of it.
Aza chuckled, “If this is where your hope is, then it’s lost.” She said plainly.

“Give me a break…” I rolled my eyes. “Give it time... I think he likes me.” I added confidently.

She looked at me scornfully, “In your dreams.” She said. “Ever wondered if he’s married?”

“He’s not… I know he’s not. I believe he’s not.” I said sounding like a prayer request.

“You must be joking.” Aza chuckled doubtfully. “You better snap out of this.” She said when she saw how fixated my eyes were on him.

“Good morning Sir.” I greeted when he came passing by.

“Yeah… Aza and Gina. How are you?” he paused to speak to us.

“We’re fine sir.” I replied smiling sheepishly. “You’re looking good Sir,” I complimented, biting my lower lips.

“Thanks Gina,” he said with an amused smile.
“Let me get to my office, you girls have a nice day.” He told us before leaving.

“You too Sir.” I almost yelled. Mentally inhaling his fragrance and cuddling him same time.
Aza pinched me. “Must you make it so obvious?.” She whispered.

“What?” I asked in my defense.

In the evening when I got home, after leaving work early enough to get groceries from the market.

Mr. Daremi dropped me off in front of my house after he sighted me walking home alone – from the market that is.

The distance between the market and my house wasn’t that far so I decided to walk it.
Duke saw when he dropped me off and didn’t say a word about it.

I got inside the house and we were still acting like strangers, I put down some of the groceries in the fridge and made a light dinner which I served his at the dinning table.

“We need to talk Gina.” He said to me after I came out of the bathroom.

I had to take a quick shower after preparing the food, I felt dirty, sweaty and uncomfortable.

I pretended I didn’t hear him so he repeated himself.

“Talk about what?.” I asked scornfully.

“Seriously Gina! Why are you making this more difficult?.” He asked looking frustrated.
“Making things more difficult how?” I question irritably.

“Never mind…” he shook his head. “Just wanted to tell you that my sister will be coming here to stay for a few days.”

“What?.” I exclaimed. “What I’m I supposed to do with that? Where do I go?” I asked startled.

“Nothing, nowhere…” he said calmly. “My entire family knows about you and they know we stay together so it’s nothing I just thought you should know.” He said walking away.
I sighed, touching my temple. “Good riddance, I wasn’t expecting this.”

“But you know Maria doesn’t like me.” I yelled.
“That’s not my problem.” He said from a distance.

I sighed and sat on the bed. Memories of Maria’s last visit haunted me, it was a nightmare, why did I even accept to live with him when I could’ve owned my apartment.

I brought out my phone and started wandering through the internet, trying to take my mind off the trouble and as I surfed through the net, I saw a post from Sandra, Sandra posted a video of her and Duke on her Instagram page.

Sandra is more of a social media influencer, still an up comer though but she has a reasonable amount of followers so there’s little of her life that’s not on the net.

From the video, they seem to have been on a date in a very nice restaurant and he was trying as much as he could to avoid the camera.

“What?.” I exclaimed, surprised. “When was the last time this guy took me out on a date.
“What the hell?!” I angrily got up and walked to where he was in the dinning, eating the food I prepared.

“What the hell Duke? What’s the meaning of this?” I showed him the video.

“So you’re taking her on dates now? How could you be doing all this things while I’m still your girlfriend?!” I slammed.

He turned to me, “It was just after a business meeting, it wasn’t a date.” He said calmly.
“What sort of lame excuse is that?.” I bawled. “Do you take me for a fool?.”

“What’s the matter with you Gina?!” he yelled getting on his feet.

“Can’t I have some peace of mind when I’m around you anymore?.” He bawled.

“And if we’re talking about do’s and don’ts you think I don’t know you’ve been flirting with your boss? Spare me the crap please. If you bother me one more time I’ll leave this house for you.” he said sternly and sat.
I glared at him.

I was mad at him definitely but not crazy enough to lead him onto the ever open arms of Sandra.

“Turn tables. That’s what you’re good at. By the way I’m not flirting with my boss. He’s just a nice guy and he treats me well.” I said angrily, walking away.

Duke shook his head and buried his head in between his palms… I don’t know but I can tell he was tired, I was too but somehow I wasn’t willing to give up on him. Not yet.

That night, I couldn’t sleep. Was too angry to sleep and he wasn’t on the bed with me.
Couldn’t he just crawl up to me and apologize like guys in the movies?

It rained, so the weather was pretty chilly. Damn! I couldn’t keep going on like this so I went to him in the living room.

Saw him there sleeping on the sofa, so I crawled under his skin and wrapped his arms around me, cuddled him.

He didn’t push me away or resist, guess he wanted this too because he drew me closer and kissed me on my forehead.

I smiled satisfactorily, finally falling asleep in his arms.

.... To be continued ✨❤️
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2023
Sweet Nothings 😈💘✨

Chapter Five

As the night went by, in the early hours of the morning. I felt his hands around my me, caressing my body.

Ughhh I was still mad at him but I couldn’t resist his touches.
He planted kisses on my nape of my neck, ear lobes, cheeks while his fingers did wonders to me.

The sweet feeling of romance took over me and my eyes rolled to the back of my head.
He held up my chin and looked me in the eyes. Oh God that sexy look… his dreamy eyes and well defined contour.

I bite my lower lip… How long will I stay mad at this face?

He had his lips in mine, kissed me vigorously in every corner like he had been starved of me. I could feel how much he missed me from the way he ravished me with his feelings.

We moaned in synchrony as we swerved through the clouds that only lovers go. I swear I missed this but I was too stubborn to admit.
… and that was the beginning of a beautiful morning.

I resumed work a little late that day and please, don’t blame me I was having a swell time.

I sneaked into our work space and greeted my co-workers before walking directly to my work desk which I share with Aza.

I checked and I noticed Aza wasn’t at work today. How could she not be?

Why would she miss this glow I was having. Honestly I was pained, I really wanted someone to gist about how good my morning was and how happy I was looking that morning.

My beaming smiles and energetic demeanor.
I sighed and placed my right hand on my chin, feeling bored because I had no one else to talk to and nothing serious to engage myself in.
No, there was someone I could talk to but I didn’t want to talk to him, he is Lanky.

He spotted me sitting alone when he pass through but decided it wasn’t the right time to bother me. Seems he was running an errand for Mr. Daremi.

Before his return, there was this other guy who had been looking keenly at me.
He looked quiet and calm on the outside but I knew that was just a charade.

He walked up to me and I must give it to him, he looked good, dressed good and smelt good.
“I noticed how happy you were when you walked in… you were glowing.” He said smiling as he stood in front of me.

I raised my head to meet his eyes, “So what? You’ve been watching me?” I asked.

“Yeah… you could say I was.” He replied, taking a seat beside me, that was Aza’s seat.

A smile curled to my left cheek, “I didn’t know someone has been watching me.” I tried to play along.

“Yeah… you’re too beautiful to escape the eyes you know.” He said, looking into my eyes.
“The audacity…” I told myself. “Really…” I blushed.

“Yeah…” he nodded.
“You barely talk, you’re always on your own, always quiet.” I curted. I didn’t want it to me about me only, I was beginning to feel uneasy.

“Forgive my manners… my name is Bamidele. Friends call me Bambi for short.” He winked as he spoke softly.

“Bamidele…” I repeated admiring him. He looked adequate and mature.
“I’m Gina.” I said.

“Yeah I know… everyone knows the name of the famous beautiful girl in T and T's.” He chuckled.

“Oh wow… I must really be that famous.” I said, surprised, “I had no idea.” - shook my head.
As we spoke, I saw Lanky. He was on his way to me, he saw I was with Bambi, talking and laughing.

I must say he was pissed but… I didn’t care. I was happy someone else was keeping me company not him.

... ... ...

Lanky kept walking towards my work desk and I was unperturbed. I was just wondering what he wants this time.

I could see the jealousy in his eyes… the way he clenched his fist and gnashed his teeth inside.

When he finally stood in front of me, I looked up at him, my eyes asking what he wants.
“Mr. Collins wants to see you in his office.” He said and threw a glance at Bamidele, trying to contend his envy.

He stretched out his hand towards Bamidele, “Boss.” He greeted.

“Chairman.” Bamidele responded, firmly shaking his hand. They shared a short smile and turned to me.

Honestly I find it disturbing and I wonder how men pretend not to be jealous when they’re in front of each other.

I looked at Bamidele and he looked nonchalant and unbothered. Need I say, I think I like this guy’s self esteem.

“Okay thanks, I’ll go to him.” I told Lanky. Wondering what Mr. Collins wants with me, Aza his errand girl wasn’t at work today so now he has to fall back to me?

No! I wasn’t cut out for that ~ I shook my head.
“I’ll be right back.” I smiled at Bambi as I got on my feet.

“I’ll be waiting…” He smiled back.
I smiled and went ahead, tailing Lanky as I followed him behind.

Away from my work space along the stairs, lanky turned to me… “Seriously babe why are you doing this to me? Why avoid me, you know I like you.” He said looking desperate.

I ignored him at first. Then I thought, “Wait! did Mr. Collins actually call for me or this was your idea?.” I asked looking at him suspiciously.
Lanky looked away speechlessly…
I sighed almost walking away, brushing my shoulder against his.

“Gina, Gina…” he called, holding my arm stopping me from going any further.
“Mr. Collins actually called for you.” He said. “I was just trying to make most of my little time with you.”

Awwww how adorable but I don’t buy it, I looked at my arm in askance and he let go of me immediately. “Sorry…” he apologized.
I eyed him and moved on.

He sighed, frustrated. He didn’t continue with another word as he tailed behind me and our walk to Mr. Collins office was a quiet one.

“Here she is Sir.” He said when we entered Mr. Collins office.

Mr. Collins raised his head from work he had going on on his computer and stared at me with a naughty smirk.

“Good morning Sir.” I greeted, curtsying.
“Thank you Lanky you may leave.” He dismissed.

Lanky left quietly, shutting the door behind him and I walked further into his office.

Stay tuned ❤️✨
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 11:35am On Aug 03, 2023
Chapter six

.I smiled and went ahead, tailing Lanky as I followed him behind.

Away from my work space along the stairs, lanky turned to me… “Seriously babe why are you doing this to me? Why avoid me, you know I like you.” He said looking desperate.

I ignored him at first. Then I thought, “Wait! did Mr. Collins actually call for me or this was your idea?.” I asked looking at him suspiciously.
Lanky looked away speechlessly…

I sighed almost walking away, brushing my shoulder against his.

“Gina, Gina…” he called, holding my arm stopping me from going any further.

“Mr. Collins actually called for you.” He said. “I was just trying to make most of my little time with you.”

Awwww how adorable but I don’t buy it, I looked at my arm in askance and he let go of me immediately. “Sorry…” he apologized.
I eyed him and moved on.

He sighed, frustrated. He didn’t continue with another word as he tailed behind me and our walk to Mr. Collins office was a quiet one.
“Here she is Sir.” He said when we entered Mr. Collins office.

Mr. Collins raised his head from work he had going on on his computer and stared at me with a naughty smirk.

“Good morning Sir.” I greeted, curtsying.
“Thank you Lanky you may leave.” He dismissed.

Lanky left quietly, shutting the door behind him and I walked further into his office.
“Have a seat Gina.” He offered and I did, curtsying a thanks.

“I noticed Aza is absent from work today, why?” he asked.

“Did he call me hear to ask about Aza?.” I asked myself, annoyed.

“You have her number just call her.” I glared at him… but didn’t say that aloud.

He most have noticed the furious look on my face but continued boring into my eyes.

I blinked and faked a smile, “Yeah… I guess she couldn’t come today.” I said, smiling vaguely.
“Hmmm…” he sighed, thinking.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “Her phone number is switched off, didn’t she call the office to let them know of her absence today?.” I asked, I could swear he sensed the annoyance in my tone.

He pondered on it for a while, “No… Richie didn’t say she called. I was worried, I hope she’s okay.” He said.

“I hope so too.” I said nodding.

“You know every intern here is like family, you guys are like family to us.” He stressed.

“Hence, we always like to know about your whereabouts and days you can’t make it to work because if in case anything happens to either of you. We’d be held responsible.” He added.

“You know… Gina…” he stuttered, getting on his feet, he strolled out of the confines of his work desk and stood in front of me.

“You are a bright and intelligent young lady with a bright future.” He said, standing a few inches from me, leaning on his work desk.

“And I know you know that I like you.” He said playing with my hair. “Very much.” He added.
“Sir…” I said feeling uncomfortable, trying to push his hands off me.

“Sir… I don’t understand.” I feigned ignorance.
“I said I like you a lot.” He said, standing behind me this time. “I want to be your friend.” He whispered to my ears.

I arched my brows… “I’m sorry Sir, I won’t accept that.” I shook my head in defiance.
He chuckled and walked back to his office seat. “Because of all this small boys that are after you abi?.” He said in askance.

“No sir…” I feigned innocence. “Just that…” I paused pondering on what excuse to give.
“You’re married.” I said immediately after I saw a portrait of him and his wife.

“And who said that’s a problem?.” He arched a brow.

I looked at him confused.

“If you don’t tell anyone I won’t. Are you afraid of Karma?” he asked with a smirk.

“What? Karma?.” I exclaimed with furrowed brows. “Not really sir, I don’t think I’d feel at ease being in a relationship with a married man.” I replied with a straight face.

“Hmm I see.” He nodded. “But you have nothing to worry about.” He added, much to my displeasure.

“I can’t Sir, sorry.” I said getting on my feet. “I still have work to do Sir, may I leave?.” I gestured, acting in a bit of a frenzy.

“You can go but think about my offer.” He said swirling in his chair.

I nodded silently and left.
On my way out I bumped into the MD at the lobby… “Sir.” I curtsied.

“Hmmm…” he looked at me suspiciously then he smiled, “I can only say you should be careful Gina.” He said moving on.

I nodded silently with a sly smile and went my way as well.

As I walked I was thinking about what Mr. Collins just told me. I mean I wasn’t entirely surprised but could my internship be in jeopardy because of this?

I was also hoping to be retained by the organization thereby doing all my best to prove myself but this new thing was unbecoming. Is this what I must do to gain my place?

I didn’t know when I walked my way into my office.

Bambi wasn’t there waiting for me at my work desk as he promised he would.

“Bambi said I should tell you he’s running some errands for the Bosses.” He’s work mate said when he noticed I was looking for Bambi.

“Okay…” I smiled with a nod and sat quietly.
“If you want I can come keep you company?.” He gestured.

“No…” I gave a short smile. “I’m fine, thank you.” I declined.

Soon enough it was close of work, the happiest moment of the day. It was more exciting knowing I’m going to a peaceful home.
As I was packing up due to close of work, about to head home. I saw Bambi bash into the office in a rush.

“What’s the problem?.” I asked startled.
“I was rushing to come meet with you before you leave.” He said breathing heavily.

“Now you have…” I rolled my eyes with a cunny smile .

“I wanna walk you home, let me just grab my bag.” He gestured.

“Seriously? My house is quite a distance from here, do you leave close?” I asked him.

“Yes. I know… I want to be with you for a while. You know, have a final glimpse of you before heading home.” He grabbed his bag and came rushing to my side.

“It’ll help me sleep well tonight.” He said, pulling up to my side, placing his hands across my shoulders.

I smiled shyly. “Right.”
On our way out we almost bumped into Lanky who was rushing down the stairs.

We all exchanged glances, it was an awkward moment to be in. Lanky looked at me speechlessly as though I betrayed him.
Well, I ignored him and moved out with Bamidele.

As we strolled out, talking and laughing on the street, the MD drove his SUV and parked in front of us.

Bambi was surprised he stopped in front of us and was wondering what he was about.
When we walked closer to his car, he whined down the window screen.

“Bambi and Gina…” he said stealthy sitting comfortable behind the steering.
“Bambi I know you live nearby.” He said to Bambi.

“Gina hop in let me drop you off, seems I might just be heading to the same direction as yours.” He said.

My face lighted with excitement, guess I won’t have to use my transport fare today, I smiled.
“Its okay…” Bambi said, he squeezed my fingers tightly for a second.

“Guess we’ll see tomorrow.” He said, not wanting to go against his boss, coming to terms with the situation faster than I expected.
“Sure.” I nodded and watched him walk away before hopping into the car.

“Was he bothering you?.” Mr. Daremi asked as I stepped in.
“No Sir… he was just escorting me.” I told him, putting on my seat belt.

“Alright.” He said and turned the steering wheel as he kept the car in motion.

“Before we get to your house, there’s a place I’d like you to see.” He smiled at me.
I blushed immediately, how thoughtful of him. I looked at him admirably.

Didn’t he have the cutest face and warmest smiles? I could feel butterflies rumble in my tommy.

Shouldn’t I only feel that when I’m with my guy?

“Alright…” I agreed, immediately anticipating.

To know that you love this story and you're following. Please comment next ... 🥺❤️
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Chapter Seven

He drove into a fancy restaurant and swerved the steering wheel, controlling the car into a narrow parking space.

We got out of the car and headed inside.
My mind was blown like wow! I couldn’t believe he was actually taking me out to a place like this!… like was this a date or something? Can I call this a date?

This place was so beautiful… oh my God! The chandeliers and décor… fantastic!
Though I tried to contain all my excitements inside, didn’t want to look cheap and unsophisticated.

“What would you like?.” He asked me with a charming smile as we walked towards the buffet.

Ahhh God. Duke barely did this for me, no outing… nothing… all he loved were private dinners and home theatres, nothing this special.

I stood clueless before the many choices of food before me and watched some people serve themselves.

I exhaled deeply, “Alright… Fried rice and chicken. Will do.” I said out loud.
“Finally…” Mr. Daremi exhaled and picked two plates for the two of us, gave me one.
I smiled, he had a sense of humor. The look on his face when he sighed after saying “finally” was priceless.

I served myself what I wanted even though I happen to pick more than what I intended. I served myself a lot.

“Are you sure your tommy can handle all that?.” He asked, as a smile curled to his left cheek.

I was flustered. Did I pick too much? Hope I don’t look like a glutton or a poor hungry, wretched girl from the trenches… Who didn’t pass an opportunity to feed off a generous man to her hungry belly worms.
I was a bit ashamed.

It was too late to back down now, “Hope I haven’t overtly embarrassed myself.” I prayed inwardly.

I followed him to the table he picked.
We sat quietly. I for one… sat quietly, was too flustered to speak.

He looked at me knowing my thoughts, “Don’t feel bad…” he smiled coyly. “You must be really hungry.”

I couldn’t say anything to counter, I only nodded and ate silently.

I alighted from Daremi’s car and waved a bye with a smile while I watched him drive away happily.

I turned and uncapped my handbag, brought out my phone.
I pressed the switch button and I sighed when I saw thirty one missed calls from Duke, that’s a lot. I had silenced my phone while I was with Daremi, I didn’t want to be bothered and I didn’t want Duke to guess where I was… and maybe that was a wrong thing to do.

“mess!. He must be pissed.” I sighed.
I started thinking of what excuse to tell him, a lie actually but when I noticed that our window blind moved slightly, I knew there was no need to lie.
Apparently he had seen Daremi drop me off again… perhaps I can tell him I was working and he had to drop me off.

Yea, nice one. At least … that’s better than telling him, what? That we went on a date which wasn’t really a date?.
“Babe.” I greeted guiltily when I walked inside the house.

He noticed my guilty appeal, I guess that was enough to confirm whatever suspicion he had going of me.

“Babe? …” he scoffed, “Can’t remember the last time you called me that.” He chuckled dryly.
That wasn’t funny.

I met him there, he stood there… in the living room, leaning on the sofa. He wasn’t going to give a blind eye to this this time around or will he? and he wasn’t pretending not to be pissed.
I made him worry.

“I missed your calls… sorry I…” I started explaining but he cut me off.
“You were what?...” he said looking so calm and almost unperturbed. “You were hanging out with your boss?.” He said, his eyebrows furrowing… anger setting in.

How could he guess it right so easily… too right for me to accept immediately and even so I remained mute.
“I was working.” I said when I finally found my voice, I looked into his eyes so he’d believe me. “He had to drop me off because it was late.” I added.

“Yeah… cause you were the only one working right? By nine? An intern for that matter. Which office by the way? The one I came to find you and everywhere was locked up?... Gina, when you want to lie to me, don’t look me in the eye and lie to me.” He said and walked away.

“I’m sorry…” I apologized.
I’m apologizing? Seriously?… does this really need an apology?
I’m sorry?... I’m sorry for agreeing to eat in a fancy restaurant that I’ve always wanted to with my boss? A free harmless dinner?
What’s there to be sorry about? We didn’t do anything wrong.
He does this with Sandra too and calls it work! – I fumed.

What exactly I’m I apologizing for? The calls I missed?
It doesn’t matter, I have to apologize and make up for this. – I convinced myself. I made him worry.
“Duke I’m sorry!.” I said guiltily, walking towards him.

“When you look at me do you see a fool?.” He turned to me, anger written all over his face.
“Do you mistake my silence for stupidity? Ugh? You think I don’t know?.” He said and waited for a while.

I walked even closer.

“I was so worried about you.” He said calmly, looking at me worriedly and tenderly but it all changed suddenly as anger took over and he frowned. “But it seems I was worried for nothing.” He added coldly and walked away.

This time… he walked out the door, went outside.
He left the house and I couldn’t stop him.
I was on the wrong, I know… and he was angry.

Probably he needs some space, - I guessed. Then I’ll talk to him when he’s calmer.
I sighed and turned back, walking towards the interior part of the house.

I collapsed on the sofa… “How do I fix this?” I asked myself. “I’m not sure of where he’s going to now, probably Rooney’s?.”
“It’s too late at night for me to be walking alone on the road. Would’ve gone after him.” I told myself.

My heart kept blaming me for what happened but my head was busy looking for a way out.

It was supposed to be peace all over again, especially since we made out last night rather this morning but I bleeped up all over again and here we are.

Cold water from the shower holes trickled down my body as I tried thinking of ways to appease the gods.

When I was done I wiped my moist skin dry with a towel and stepped out of the bathroom.
Picked up my phone from the bed and was about dialing his number when I heard the front door squeak.

“That must be him.” I told myself, expecting to see him as I strolled to the front door.

“Duke?.” I called but there was no answer.
“Duke?.” I repeated, drawing nigh. Was he so angry that he couldn’t answer me?

“Duke.” I said finally before being struck by surprise because the person before me wasn’t Duke.

The person now bolting the door, shushed me. I was scared and confused.
“Who are you?.” I asked, trying to see through his hoodie and black mask. Duke was dressed in no hoodie.

The man looked tall and thin… I squinted, trying to fix who would have met such description in mind.

“Wait… Lanky?!.” I said yelling in surprise.
“Shut up!…” He bawled at me, coming after me like a hawk after a chicken.

He seized me and hurriedly covered my mouth with a napkin. “Quiet!.” He said sternly overpowering me. His arms felt too strong, he was too hard and powerful for me to take down.

Still, I wasn’t giving up, I was still trying to yell through the napkin for help, struggling even but it didn’t make enough sound as I intended.
Suddenly I started feeling dizzy and weak.

Everywhere started getting blurry and distant, I started feeling numb and paralyzed.

I closed my eyes and my dizzy self started giving way, soon enough everywhere became as thick and black as night.
I have no account for what happened to me after.

(Author’s P.O.V)

Two other guys came out from the corners of the house.

They carried her, headed to the bedroom, of course she was wrapped in a towel, soon the towel loosen and fell to the ground. She was left nude.

“What a hot body she has.” One said, staring at her sexually, salivating.
They started touching her body parts in abusive ways, laughing hysterically.

They had masks with a design of a skull head over their faces so it was a bit difficult to tell for certain who they were.

Based on Gina’s instinct, this would be Lanky’s doing because no guy was so obsessed with her like he was.

“She’s completely out.” One of them said, after they dropped her on the bed. He carried her hand and watched it drop lifelessly.

“Do what you have to do man let’s leave, her man might return anytime soon.” He said bluntly.

Then came the question even Gina would ask herself, “Have they been stalking her?.”
The leader grabbed her bo.obs tightly, mouth watering, he started sucking it hungrily and vigorously.

One watched while the other was searching the house.

He immediately removed his trousers and any other hindrance that tried stopping him from going inside her and shoved his already hardened co.ck into her as quickly as he could.
He smashed his rock against her weak legs which was now on his shoulders. Her body bounced lifelessly…

“LovePeddler!.” One of them said with a hint of irritation in his voice, he pinched her nippl.e before walking away … sure she felt none of that.
They all wanted to have their way with her but the leader didn’t think he’s had enough of her yet and so told them to back off.

“What valuables do they have here anyway?.” One said and began searching the house for what to steal.

The front door knob made rough squeaky sounds followed by hard thumps… as if someone was trying to break in or open the door from the outside by all means.

“Gina! Gina open up!” He yelled loudly.
“Who’s that?.” The leader asked his fellow, surprised and shocked.

“I wasn’t expecting him to be back so quickly.” One of them said and the leader groaned painfully, he barely had his fun.
“Definitely her guy.” The other guy said coming from the living room after he checked.

“Then let’s move let’s move. Let’s get out of here!.” The leader said in a hurry.
They rallied around, trying to carry whatever they could and anything they can do away with.

The other guy who was looking for what to steal didn’t find enough valuables to steal except the money Duke kept in the closet and his expensive gold cufflinks.
They were weaponized, their leader who had a pen knife with him and one of his escorts had a dagger. Which they carried in case they met any obstacles on the way.

“Should we ambush and disarm him? Or should we just go?” One of them asked, scared but ready to engage.

“No!... The whole neighborhood must be alert now, let’s just leave.” Their leader said, getting off Gina. Putting his cock back into his sack as he adjusted his trousers over his waist.

“And her?.” one asked pointing to her, they all turned and looked at her lifeless body.
“What’s the use, she didn’t recognize any of us and she’s unconscious.” One said fearful of what their leader might do to her.
Their leader unclasped his pen knife in a second and wanted to slit her wrist.

The other guy, shocked and scared exclaimed, “What the Bleep guy!.” He whispered loudly. This wasn’t the deal, no one was to get hurt.
“Shut the Bleep up guy and move!.” The leader vented furiously at him when he noticed Duke will soon make his way into the house.
They had to run and so he didn’t slit Gina’s wrist like he intended.
They all scurried to the back of the house looking for means of escape.
Meanwhile…

Duke didn’t cease trying to break in. He pushed himself against the door more fiercely, this time placing his body weight against the door in each stride.

When the door finally felt accessible giving into the pressure, he hit it with his leg and it gave way… flinging open.

One would wonder why he broke into his own house, as his neighbors gathered around to watch, wondering what the problem was.
“Has he forgotten his keys inside his house? A technician would’ve fixed that for him.” ~ they argued within themselves.

“He was yelling Gina! Could his girlfriend or sister be in some sort of trouble?” They murmured inaudibly.

He didn’t answer them, since none of the was bold enough to ask him directly. Besides that, he didn’t have their time.
Duke walked into the room fiercely and energetically looking for Gina. “Gina!.” He yelled.

He met her towel, scrambled in the living room. Adrenaline rushed into his blood stream and he dashed towards the bedroom.
He was awe struck by her frail, nude almost lifeless figure, lying on the bed helplessly.
“Gina!.” He rushed to her side.

By now, the trio already fled for their lives. They discovered the back door and made a run for it.

They weren’t foolish enough to try using the front gate so they jumped over the barb wired fence.

Duke found her, bare as she was… he rushed to the closet and found her bath robe.
He carried her and covered her with it. He could here foot steps of his neighbors, coming inside slowly to have a glimpse of what must’ve occurred.

He brought out his first aid box from one of the drawers in the closet and tied her wrist with a bandage to stop the bleeding.

He tried to revive her but she wasn’t yielding to his mouth to mouth resuscitation.

He had to rush her immediately to a nearby clinic. Which she was administered and treatment commenced immediately.

His neighbors were kind enough to offer him help. While some decided to help with part of her hospital bills and the rest decided to help him fix his broken door.

Stay tuned ✨ for more ❤️
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2023
Chapter 8

I opened my eyes and there sat a blurry figure of Duke. He was sitting close to the bay and had his head buried in his palms, he seemed to be in deep thoughts.

I blinked a few times before I was able too see clearly, finally got used to the piercing light rays from the window. The window blind didn’t seem to successfully block away all the penetrating light.

I tried sitting up but I felt pains all over my body so I stopped and laid back down.
“Duke…” I stretched my hands towards his head and caressed it.

He jerked, as if I yanked him back to reality. “You’re awake.” He said calmly but happy.
“What happened?.” I asked him as he turned to me.

“How long have I been out?.” I said with a confused look.

“Two days.” He replied, trying to stay calm.
“What?.” I exclaimed, shocked. “What really happened? Why was I out for so long? How did you know I was attacked?.” I had lots of questions.

“I should call the doctor…” he said. “I’ll tell you everything once you’re stable.” He got up, leaving me in the room to myself and my questions.

I wasn’t at peace, I had a lot of questions and they tumbled my mind trying to find answers.
He came back with the supposed doctor or a nurse, I don’t know.

“How are you feeling?.” The doctor asked flashing a small torch into my eyes as she examined them.

“I feel pain everywhere.” I told her, wincing.
“Sorry, the pain killers will handle that.” She said.

I nodded silently.

She checked me thoroughly, my eyes, my pulse and my cardiac monitor. “Okay…” she exhaled having concluded her check up.

“She’s fine Mr. Duke and will be better, she’s still recuperating but she’s stable.” She said with a smile.

Duke smiled, a sudden gush of relief and peace filled his soul. “Thank you doctor.” He said thankfully and looked at me.

Doctor smiled, “I’ll return later.” She said and left the room.

Duke exhaled deeply and sat beside me. “How do you feel?.” He asked calmly, boring into my eyes.

“I feel… aches everywhere. You heard when I told the doctor.” I said. “At least I can still move my body right? And I can breathe.” I laughed dryly to my lame joke which Duke didn’t find very funny.

Silence crept in for a while.
“I was scared, I thought I lost you.” He said withholding the tears. “What would I have done? How would I have said to your parents what happened to you.” He said worriedly.

“I’m fine now.” I told him, touching his face tenderly and caressing his beards. “I’m fine and hearty.” I smiled, hoping that was enough encouragement for him.

“Thank you.” I blew him a kiss.

“How did you find me?.” I asked, curiously.
“You called me.” He said bluntly.

“I did?.” I asked, confused. “Did the call actually go through? Did I forget to end it?.” I asked myself, I couldn’t remember clearly.

“You were saying Duke, Duke, Duke and I was responding but you couldn’t hear me. I wanted to end the call and probably come home or… thinking it was network or” he shrugged. “But then I heard you ask, who are you? Followed by commotions and a disconnection, there I knew there was something wrong.” He said, keenly recalling everything as he said them to me.

“They broke into the house.” I said. “They tried to rape me.” I added, refusing the urge to cry.
“Its okay, you’re safe now.” He caressed my hand tenderly and kissed the back of my palms.

“Was I actually raped?” I asked, my eyes looking into his, searching for sincere answers.
He looked away and exhaled.

“They did.” I concluded shockingly. I became speechless.

I sniffed, “How long was I out?.” I asked.
“Two days…” he replied, not looking at my face.
“Two days? Why? Was it that serious?. They didn’t penetrate, did they?.” I asked, trying to recall what happened that night but I couldn’t, every memory from that night was blank.

“The doctor said it’s because of the chloroform you inhaled. It kept you unconscious for days.” He replied.

He went mute for a while.
He exhaled deeply and added. “She said there was a penetration. So apparently… yeah. One of them had his way. But the nurses took care of it. You’re fine.” He said, squeezing my hands tightly in assurance.

I tried to remember but nothing came up… on the outside, it looked like I was in a trance.

“I can only suspect who they were. One of them sounded like Lanky, my colleague at work, I told you about him remember?.”
“The tall, thin one?.” He asked.

“Yes.” I replied affirmatively.
“One of them left something in our room.” He said.

“What?.” I asked anxiously.
“You’ll see.” He said nodding calmly.

To be continued ❤️✨ catch
Re: Sweet Nothings ��✨ by EmpressFavie: 10:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Chapter 9

So, work granted me bed rest till I could fully recover. Stayed in the hospital for a few days before going home.

Duke did not tell anyone of my rape case, instead he told them it was a robbery attack. So everyone was thinking it was a robbery attack, after all they did steal something.

He took a day or two from work to take care of me at the hospital.

When I got better, I was discharged and I came home.
The door was fixed. The house looked tidy and neat, just the way I like it.

He really did a lot to impress, he didn’t have to but I prefer it this way. He took care of me while I was ill, I giggled to myself and sigh…

“He can be a hopeless romantic on some days.”

With all this happenings, my parents didn’t know it happened in his house, we decided it would be better if we didn’t tell anyone, they didn’t have to know.

Those in my work space thought it was robbery too, that’s what he told them.

We entered the bedroom together and I offloaded my bag from my shoulders and kept it safe in the closet.

“Home sweet home.” He exhaled and looked at me, he wore a happy smile.

I sat at the edge of the bed and looked up at him, my eyes locked in his… I just felt the need to just stare and admire this wonderful creature.

“Why didn’t you tell them what actually happened?.” I asked, not wanting to give him the impression that I was actually admiring him.

“Tell them what?.” He asked feigning ignorance.
“That it was a rape case not a robbery… Obviously?.” I shrugged.

“I’m trying to protect you, your future. You don’t have to live with the stereotype… “The raped girl” being added to your name, like a second name.” he said with quotes in the air.

“That doesn’t even make any sense, so they will just go scort free?.” I asked, looking confused.

“No. I didn’t say they would. I’m just saying I don’t want you to have that stereotype.” he said pacing around the room, getting some stuffs done.

“But I don’t have a problem with it.” I argued.

“I do okay? You don’t understand until you’re used as a fore image for clout, all this fame seeking feminist and women activist will use your name to trend without getting you the justice you deserve.” He said looking directly into my eyes,

he meant every word that he said and it seemed he was more after my safety and reputation than anything else though part of me wanted to believe that he was being selfish and was doing it for his own good... That he didn’t want a girl with rape attached to her name.

Frankly, he had a point. This type of scenario did happened a lot, they act like they care and wanna fight for you but leave you stranded at the end when it gets hot.

Some feminist and female activists out there are just nothing but clout chasers, looking for ways to make a name and a face.

As I was gathering the authenticity of what he said, he dropped a POS receipt on the bed, beside me.
“Guess what I found…” he said sounding intrigued.

I picked the paper up and went through it.
“I had to photocopy it. My guess is it fell off one of their pockets.” He said with crossed arms and he leaned on the closet.
“Of what use will this be?.” I asked.

“Catch the criminals?.” He said and took it from me.

“Duke, no one can trace that!… for Pete’s sake.” I argued weakly. “POS transactions are the lest traceable especially here in this part of the globe, you know that!.” I said trying to convince him.

He looked defiant, I knew I lost. “Doesn’t matter, I’ll give it a try.” He said confidently and placed the slip in a safe place.

We heard a knock on the door and we both turned to the direction of the sound.

“Probably, someone is here to see you from your office. They said they’d come and please remember, you weren’t raped. It was a robbery attack!.” He emphasized. “You can spice it up however you like.”

“Aren’t you coming?.” I asked, surprised.
“No. I’m not…” he said. “I… ahhh… I have something to do.” Having said that he dashed towards the back door.

I sighed speechlessly and went to get the thumbing door.

“Aza… what a surprise.” I said with my eyes widened as I held the door open.

Aza bounced on me and hugged me tightly, “I heard what happened…” She said softly.
“I’m so sorry, that’s a terrible thing to experience.” She added while I struggled with her weight.

“I’m fine now.” I said calming her nerves as I patted her.

I smiled and I tried to adjust myself to contain the weight of her body.

She pulled apart and stared at me tenderly, “I tried to come but your guy refused disclosing which hospital you were admitted to.” She said guiltily.

“Its okay, he was just being careful.” I shrugged. “Come on in.” I said and held two of her fingers as I pulled her inside the house.
“Wow… so this is where you live, it’s so lovely.” She said ogling as she stole glances around the house.

“Is this where you stay with Duke?.” She asked in a hush tone.

“Uhmmm.” I smirked and gave her a hard glance before sitting on the biggest couch. “What do you think?.” I asked and crossed my legs.

She followed suite and sat beside me. “Common tell me, you know I’m dying to hear it…” she said curiously.

“Oh please, You poker…” I chuckled and hit her playfully.

She grunted playfully and pouted.
“Yeah… I live here with him.” I said shrugging, confirming her suspicion.

“I knew it!.” She giggled. “It’s so nice. I wish Lauren would ask me to move in with him. That guy is really stressing me.” She said with a sad face.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “You bet.”
“I really wish Gina, I really love that guy. I’m old enough to be housed under a man. I’m I not?.” She said desperately.

“You came here for me Aza, remember? stop all the God when and Lauren shit, it doesn’t really suit you.” I sighed scornfully.

“If God did it for you he can also do it for me.” She smiled widely.

“Besides if he did, how would you cope up with the other guys in your life?.” I told her bluntly.

“You know…” she shrugged. “I would do it the way you do yours. I know I have big shoes to feel.” She sneered at me.

“What the Bleep Aza, you’re in my house!…” I whispered loudly. Hoping Duke wasn’t somewhere in the house to hear that. “You want to talk me into trouble?.” I glared at her.
She sneered. A wild vile smile plastered on her face and I knew she did what she did with intents.

“Fine. I get your point… but I’m nothing like that, I don’t two time and you know it. So you have no shoes to feel ” I said ending the stupid talk about two timing.

She made squeaky sounds with her mouth and said, “Even after you leaving the hospital, you’re still fisty. Guess the robbers didn’t teach you anything about manners.” She said shaking her head.

I smirked and said, “Perhaps they should pay you a visit, probably teach you a thing or two.”
She hissed at me and I laughed.

“So I guess no one else will be coming?.” I said changing the topic.

“Yeah, I hope they don’t come … you are terrible at hosting visitors anyway.” She sighed.
“I just got back from the hospital missy… I have nothing at home. I do wish I had something to offer you.” I said softly.

“Ughmmm…” she grunted silently before saying, “Mr. Collins was to come with me but I didn’t seen him all day so I left him behind.

Bambi... said he’d come but still haven’t seen him.” She shrugged.

“Lanky made up excuses that he won’t be able to come.” She said.

“Hmmm…” I sighed inwardly.

“The HRM sympathizes with you and hopes you’re okay. She said she would love to see you at work soon, looking hale and hearty.”

“Mr. Daremi of course sends his regards and says your health is priority so you should recover first before resuming.” She said.
“Isn’t he the sweetest person on earth? At least he considers my health first before work.” I blushed.

“As for the HRM, it’s always about work for her.” I said disappointedly.

“Yeah… he also asked me to give you this.” She handed me a brown envelope.
“Is this what I think it is?.” I asked with an arched brow.
“Open it.” She urged.

I opened it slowly with excitement as I hoped the contents to be you know… else it wouldn’t have come in an envelope.
I saw huge sums of money inside, I almost screamed.

“Oh my god Aza,” I said jumping excitedly.

(1) (Reply)

Critics Are Like Manure / Delegation: Phenomenon For Efficient Organization / What Is The Meaning Of Lol &lmao

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.