Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank (34748 Views)

Zenith Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards / First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by lexy2014: 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
AngelicBeing:
I am not ready for this back and forth, Russia and Ukraine questions with you, why did you tell the guy that he will see, see what? shocked

Did I ask u about d subject of discussion?

Is that all he wrote about? Can u pls provide more details about what he wrote about?

Where and when did I say "He will see"? Can you show it to me?

What exactly do you want him to see?
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by ChiefOkporghe: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
NoToPile:

Well you said "Crowds of ordinary citizens" which implied that ordinary citizens don't use the bank.

I am sure that's what sizeable amount of people who read your post inferred because that's what the statement meant especially when you consider the whole post in context.

Oga rest.
He clearer said:
“....you'll almost never find crowds of ordinary citizens in their banking halls,...."

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Englishisamust: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
cassette:

Rest!!! Others find it funny

Dey laugh nw undecided undecided undecided.
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by AngelicBeing: 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
lexy2014:

De there now. U never see anything
This was your post alluding that >>" You never see anything " in response to the guy

Which led to my question to you that , what will he see? shocked
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by lexy2014: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
AngelicBeing:
This was your post alluding that >>" You never see anything " in response to the guy

Which led to my question to you that , what will he see? shocked

You said
AngelicBeing:
why did you tell the guy that he will see, see what? shocked

Is that all he wrote about? Can u pls provide more details about what he wrote about?

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by AngelicBeing: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
lexy2014:

You said

Muchecheche, Buhahaha, lexy2014, l don taya for your wahala, I will call Tinubu tonight to give you a position in Abuja as the Aso Rock questionnaire, like seriously shocked
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Dexyity(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
bluefilm:
Chai

Payday will not like this news at all

Even Klasha, geepay, Cardify etc.

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Xkale1996(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
Psalmspsalms:
Nice development and very commendable.
Hope we can use the naira card to purchase things from AliExpress and others.
I pray other banks follow as well.
definitely they will na

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by McTavish: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dexyity:

And chipper cash too
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by bluefilm: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dexyity:

Aswear.
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by frowland(m): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
sharone21:

Thought it will benefit exports more since foreign currency is earned ... But, imports, one will spend more Naira for goods in dollars( or similar 'hard' currencies). Just like now will favor remote workers more.... Truth is for a child of God, all 'weather' of the economy favors him/ her.

No, as exchange rate is high currently, exporters are making a killing.
Example, Musicians and digital content creators and services are categorized as exporters.
Students traveling to school abroad or medical & holiday tourists are categorized as importers.
The former are currently enjoying huge revenue remittances while the later are spending more to access the oversea services.

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by GodsOwnFav(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:
Wema and Sterling banks.

Two financial institutions that Nigerian politicians and elites use to launder and embezzle unmentionable sums of tax payers' monies.

You'll hardly find or hear them in the news, they hardly declare profits or losses, you'll almost never find crowds of ordinary citizens in their banking halls, but they never go broke.

Toxic guy. Do you have any evidence to back up this claim? If they sue you now, you’ll start begging like an unfortunate almajiri
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
GodsOwnFav:

Toxic guy. Do you have any evidence to back up this claim? If they sue you now, you’ll start begging like an unfortunate almajiri

Fear is the one factor responsible for keeping you Nigerians in your state of perpetual servitude to politicians. That you beg like a discombobulated almajiri in the face of minor threats, doesn't mean everyone is as fearful as you are.

Same way Swiss banks act as repositories and safe havens for illicit funds and stolen loots for politicians from all over the African continent, is how Wema and Sterling banks serve as warehouses for thieving government officials and dubious businessmen around the country. They do not ask questions. They circumvent monetary policies just to accommodate the large funds owned by these scrupulous elements. And they have perfected ways to conceal traces of those looted funds from the searchlights of security agencies, in order to protect the interests of their clients.

This is not an accusation, but a representation of reality. Even administration bodies of public Universities mostly use those two banks as official warehouses to collect tuitions and other levies from students, from which they perpetrate their own thieving tendencies. Since you were born in this country, when have you ever seen any public university, whether state or federal, declaring earnings and remitting revenues to their parent bodies? No follow me argue wetin I know. You don't even know if I'm speaking from personal experience as a former or present staff of one of those banks.

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Knight1210(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
grin grin
Jestin:
This Naira Cards will favour me and my family 😂 😂
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by adeoba2008(m): 6:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
Will it work when I am paying for Google Play Console Account?
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by pacespot(m): 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
Is it for only wema bank or all banks?
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by mu2sa2: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Clearly, lot of Nigerians have problems understanding common use of English.

That I said you'll hardly find "crowds" in their banking halls means ordinary Nigerians don't patronise them? Are you serious right now? Do you not understand you can have people around you and not term them to be a crowd? When you walk into branches of First bank, GTCo, Zenith bank, UBA, etc.., there's always the possibility you'll wait on a queue or sit down to wait for a while cause of crowds. The same scenario is hardly obtainable in Wema and Sterling banks.

That's what I meant by that statement, since you're too small-minded to have understood without burdening me with an explanation..
It is, maybe, because they're more efficient in attending to customers in-branch/online that's why you don't see crowds in their banking halls compared to the baba go-slow banks.
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
mu2sa2:
It is, maybe, because they're more efficient in attending to customers in-branch/online that's why you don't see crowds in their banking halls compared to the baba go-slow banks.

Even you wey type this comment know say this your excuse na lie.. grin
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by mu2sa2: 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Even you wey type this comment know say this your excuse na lie.. grin
Crowded banking hall is evidence of inefficiency.True!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
mu2sa2:
Crowded banking hall is evidence of inefficiency.True!

Not always the case. How can you have four or five teller points and expect efficiency when over 100 people can troop in within the space of an hour or two, mostly on Mondays and Fridays?
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by maasoap(m): 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Clearly, lot of Nigerians have problems understanding common use of English.

That I said you'll hardly find "crowds" in their banking halls means ordinary Nigerians don't patronise them? Are you serious right now? Do you not understand you can have people around you and not term them to be a crowd? When you walk into branches of First bank, GTCo, Zenith bank, UBA, etc.., there's always the possibility you'll wait on a queue or sit down to wait for a while cause of crowds. The same scenario is hardly obtainable in Wema and Sterling banks.

That's what I meant by that statement, since you're too small-minded to have understood without burdening me with an explanation..

It looks like you don't even know what you are saying at all. "Hardly do you find crowds of common citizens there" is not the same as they don't have common citizens as customers? You don't even understand the message you tried pass. Lol
Do you bank with Wema bank and/or Sterling bank to have said that? Wema bank with too much customers. How many branches of both banks have you been to? Try to get the attention of customer service to help you on an issue, then you will understand that they have customers. You guys would just sit in one corner of your room and will be pulling "facts" out of your ass.
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
maasoap:

Do you bank with Wema bank and/or Sterling bank to have said that? Wema bank with too much customers. How many branches of both banks have you been to? Try to get the attention of customer service to help you on an issue, then you will understand that they have customers. You guys would just sit in one corner of your room and will be pulling "facts" out of your ass.

I will disregard your condescending tone, just this once.

I don't pull facts out of my ass. I don't spill words for the fun of clout or online recognition. I am an information scientist by career and have had a working stint with one of those two banks a small while ago. That I was specific enough to mention those two, should tell you I speak from a place of adequate information.

If in the last few years, Wema has been able to garner more customers, that's a commendable feat, herewith. But it does not invalidate my stated facts on this issue. As at 5years ago, financial bodies like moniepoint, Opay, fairmoney, etc.., did not exist in Nigeria. But they do today, and there's a pretty solid reason why most of them are domiciled under Wema. It doesn't mean the bank has the best and most efficient banking practices.

But same way the illegal activites of Savannah bank were laid bare after it's liquidation between the late 90s and the early 2000s, is how you'll read stories of these banking institutions I mentioned in the not-too-distant future. Mark these words!

1 Like

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by eteebanky1: 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
grandstar:
I had already predicted this in a thread I started but I am surprised that it is taking this long for banks to get started.

I predicted that once the Naira is made flexible or floated, Naira debit cards would be able to make online dollar transactions again or limits increased. Gtb present limit is a lamentable $20.

Many other banks will soon join the bandwagon.

You mean GTB naira MasterCard is working for international transactions at $20 limit

But mine no work sha
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Quenncee: 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2023
cassette:

Rest!!! Others find it funny

Rest!!! We are not joking here.
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by sharone21(f): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
frowland:

No, as exchange rate is high currently, exporters are making a killing.
Example, Musicians and digital content creators and services are categorized as exporters.
Students traveling to school abroad or medical & holiday tourists are categorized as importers.
The former are currently enjoying huge revenue remittances while the later are spending more to access the oversea services.

On what u wrote NOW, we are saying the SAME thing
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by smiliyB(f): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Sorry Payday
Those thieves 😒 Good for them
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by smiliyB(f): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
eteebanky1:

You mean GTB naira MasterCard is working for international transactions at $20 limit

But mine no work sha
Mine isn't working too, maybe it has been long he used the card sha
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by sonnie10: 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
A weeks back before this administration you could buy dollars at # 630 and deposit in your dom account for unlimited foreign transactions.

Today you would you need to deposit #830 to your Naira card account to make the same foreign transaction.

And most people here are applauding and celebrating this as if it’s progress.
Nigerians are docile and irredeemable.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by NoToPile: 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

I am responsible for the words I use and how I chose to phrase them.

But I am not responsible for how you and "lot of people" decide to read and understand those words.

And I am in no place to make more than a single effort at explaining those words to blend with what I intended upon their usage. This is not a law court and you're not a presiding judge.

But if you still seek further clarity beyond what I have attempted to enunciate, kindly visit any branch of either Wema or Sterling banks, and my point(s) will be made clearer by physical experience(s).

I am not really interested in proving the validity of your sterling/ Wema Bank assertion neither do I need explanation on whatever words you choose to use.

I only pointed out the reason why there's such inference on that particular statement by some readers, you can phrase words however you want but if it's ambuigous, different readers can interprete it differently from what you say you mean and they reserve that right.

Good evening.
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
NoToPile:

I am not really interested in proving the validity of your sterling/ Wema Bank assertion neither do I need explanation on whatever words you choose to use.

I only pointed out the reason why there's such inference on that particular statement by some readers, you can phrase words however you want but if it's ambuigous, different readers can interprete it differently from what you say you mean and they reserve that right.

Good evening.

At the end of the day, we just said the same thing.

A fine evening to you too.
Re: Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank by frowland(m): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
sharone21:

On what u wrote NOW, we are saying the SAME thing

Sorry I misunderstood you. You are right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back / I Can't Celebrate Christmas As FCMB Refuses To Pay Me My Google Earnings / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.