Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains (15652 Views)

Despite Huge Pay, Senators, Reps, Fleece Aides / Nigeria May Lose 24 Local Councils To UNO, New UN State By July 10 / Fayemi Appoints Directors For Local Councils, Elected Council Chairmen Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by lexy2014: 1:10am On Jul 15, 2023
Jagungidi:
Okoro show us your own roads, make we see sumtin grin

when did the guardian newspaper become okoro?

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by lexy2014: 1:12am On Jul 15, 2023
DevilsEqual:
SE is your home, if u feel a foreign land isnt favorable to you and your kinsmen, then either move to another state or where u feel you're gonna prosper or u go back to your homestate

I will never understand why anyone would worry or bother so much that you would have to care about the poor performances of SW govt...its like me bothering about why the govt of plateau is underperforming when i can move to Lagos

dude, who produced the report that is making you lament like this?
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by didymario7(m): 1:15am On Jul 15, 2023
How do you intend to carry out the threat of stalking him on NL if you are not jobless? don't be daft.

'Yorubas and other Lagosians like the city as it is'
When did you become the mouthpiece for all Yorubas and Lagosians living in Lagos? Once again, don't be daft!

Buddha3:

My comment was not meant to address you. The fella it was intended for, responded with civility and the requisite respect that ought to exist between sane humans.

If you see the need to quote me and air an opinion, do yourself good and refrain from insulting me.

I am not one to suffer fools or strike bargains with one. If you insult me again, I'll hound you endlessly, from thread to thread, to the point you'll feel reluctant and uncomfortable to use nairaland in the near future.

Be properly guided!
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by lexy2014: 1:16am On Jul 15, 2023
Buddha3:
It is not an arguable fact that Lagos State has not seen measurable development that is befitting of her status as a commercial city with a basic economic yield that eclipses about 50 African countries. In a manner of speaking, the annual revenue being disclosed to the NBS is actually well under half of what Lagos makes in reality. And for a state with a small geographical landmass, housing the population equivalent of two to three Northern states, Lagos is immensely overburdened, reason the very oxygen there is toxic enough to reduce the life expectancy of an average Nigerian by 10years.

That being said, it is important to remind the likes of the OP and others who find delight in meddling with issues concerning Lagos, that there's the need for you all to "LET LAGOS BE"!

Leave Lagos State for Lagosians. Whatever problems and challenges the state has, should be of no concern(s) to you. If you see the need to live or work there, do it in relative peace and self-awareness. Stop bothering yourselves with issues of no positive consequences to your lives. Yorubas and other Lagosians like the city as it is. Do not complain on their behalf. By virtue of studies and published analysis, Lagos is adjudged to be a sinking city that has been predicted to be swallowed by the Atlantic ocean in about 50years. If and when that should happen, leave Lagosians to mourn the loss.

I see no sense in making Lagos state your headache when you're peacefully residing in a far away state. Personally, even if a gun is put to my head, I won't live or work in Lagos State cause of my sanity. I spent 3years of my young life over there and the lawlessness and arbitrary living standards are not for me. So y'all should learn to find peace within yourselves and leave Lagos alone!

who produced the report in question?
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by ebufa: 1:23am On Jul 15, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Whats my business with Guardian
I'm asking why u should worry too much about them when u can go elsewhere to do your stuff as the LASG wont listen to your opinion on how to govern the state

I cant question Soludo on why Anambra isnt moving forward, I'd rather leave if i feel things isnt going as planned as Soludo would never bother to seek my opinion on how to govern his state

Instead of complaining, i would rather go elsewhere or try to endure Anambra's underdevelopment...Do same

Nigeria is one big scam! the inhabitants loathe each other with a passion yet some want Igbos to remain in the union!

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by didymario7(m): 1:26am On Jul 15, 2023
asksafe:
The worst part of Lagos is MUSHIN LOCAL GOVT, even the road in front of their Secretariat is worst than road to hell fire. I think Mushin chairman need to be removed with all his cabinets because they are handicapped
Thats Palm Avenue. I can attest to this. Yet one Buddah is saying Lagosians like it the way it is. Lol
I don't know who made him the mouthpiece for all Lagosians and Yoruba.
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by didymario7(m): 1:28am On Jul 15, 2023
Like someone once said, we just have Nigeria, we don't have Nigerians. A fkkin divided nation
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:40am On Jul 15, 2023
Most if the revenue are been paid to Agberos and touts who tout them back in power every 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Gilgil: 2:02am On Jul 15, 2023
One of the biggest problems of Nigerians is the inability to understand that residency in a city requires obligation to the authorities in the form of tax etc. And demands accountability from the same authorities to provide services.

One cannot have investments in a locality without demanding quality.

DevilsEqual:

Thats not the point...The govt wont come to nairaland to read your comment neither would they take your suggestions on how to govern their states

In cases like this, you have to move to your state or maybe to a state that supports your pace of development

If the SW are okay with their retrogression, why should it be your worry

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Believeintruth: 2:10am On Jul 15, 2023
Christistruth03:
Whoever says Gov Sanwo Olu is not doing well is an enemy of Truth

Are you smoking crack?

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by gare(f): 2:11am On Jul 15, 2023
Penguin2:
A drive through Lagos will leave the picture of dilapidated infrastructure before you.

Is it the expressway from Ojota to Costain that now has collapsed portions that a simple patchwork could have solved?

Is it the the road to Ogombo from Abraham Adesanya that has totally collapsed and spills traffic to Abraham Adesanya roundabout?

Is it the abandoned project at VGC that left bad portions of road there that causes massive traffic and loss of productive hours?

Is it the construction of Awoyaya to Abraham Adesanya section of the Lekki-Epe Expressway that is moving at the speed of snail which has made a trip that should have been 10 minutes to run into 3 hours sometimes?

Or is the total collapse of infrastructure in Idumota Market with flood almost taking over some section of the market without government lifting a finger?

Or is it the fact that no inner streets roads has been constructed anywhere in Lagos in the past four years?

These things leaves you wondering, “what is Lagos really doing with its huge revenue”?

Again, one can’t help but wonder, if smaller and poorer states like Ebonyi, etc, can build infrastructures without putting it back on the residents in the name of tolls, why does Lagos keep concessioning major infrastructural projects like roads, bridges, to private entities who use their money to build these projects and resort to daily taxing of residents in the name of tolls in order to recoup their investment?

https://guardian.ng/news/despite-huge-revenue-lagos-local-councils-underperform-worsen-residents-pains/

You guys are just waking up? If not for the federal government that developed Lagos as its for former nation's capital, Lagos would have been like the other western states.

Let's not go far, in the last 4yrs show us the project started and commissioned by the governor?

They just collect money and share, borrow and share.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Believeintruth: 2:13am On Jul 15, 2023
Buddha3:
It is not an arguable fact that Lagos State has not seen measurable development that is befitting of her status as a commercial city with a basic economic yield that eclipses about 50 African countries. In a manner of speaking, the annual revenue being disclosed to the NBS is actually well under half of what Lagos makes in reality. And for a state with a small geographical landmass, housing the population equivalent of two to three Northern states, Lagos is immensely overburdened, reason the very oxygen there is toxic enough to reduce the life expectancy of an average Nigerian by 10years.

That being said, it is important to remind the likes of the OP and others who find delight in meddling with issues concerning Lagos, that there's the need for you all to "LET LAGOS BE"!

Leave Lagos State for Lagosians. Whatever problems and challenges the state has, should be of no concern(s) to you. If you see the need to live or work there, do it in relative peace and self-awareness. Stop bothering yourselves with issues of no positive consequences to your lives. Yorubas and other Lagosians like the city as it is. Do not complain on their behalf. By virtue of studies and published analysis, Lagos is adjudged to be a sinking city that has been predicted to be swallowed by the Atlantic ocean in about 50years. If and when that should happen, leave Lagosians to mourn the loss.

I see no sense in making Lagos state your headache when you're peacefully residing in a far away state. Personally, even if a gun is put to my head, I won't live or work in Lagos State cause of my sanity. I spent 3years of my young life over there and the lawlessness and arbitrary living standards are not for me. So y'all should learn to find peace within yourselves and leave Lagos alone!

You just spoke beautiful nonsense here. What the OP indicated is a real fact the only thing LCDAs in Lagos are good for is revenue collection nothing more. Estates contribute to pace their roads construct gutters etc.
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Finestgurlie(f): 2:14am On Jul 15, 2023
Jagungidi:

Tell your father to stop behaving like a pained idiot due to election loss.
mynd44 seun mukina2 nlfpmod
rule 2
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Believeintruth: 2:17am On Jul 15, 2023
DevilsEqual:

No dey talk like this'
Chike Akunyili was killed on a monday in onitsha..Lol, i cant even count the number of monday casualities that has been recorded so far, especially those killed by UGM

By your deductive reasoning, which is more reasonable, that u worry more about SE/ moving to a more favorable state or that u stay in Lag where the govt doesnt send u while u go about worrying about why your family and the SW isnt moving at your intended pace

But IPOB was later exonerated as the people who killed him so what are you saying. You are not making sense.
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Believeintruth: 2:18am On Jul 15, 2023
2mch:

Igbo, major ethnic group? You are delusional. People that Niger Delta don displace tey tey! Your region is so useless it contributes nothing to the national purse. Imagine your stupid terrorist activities being ignored and Nigeria no even shake. For over 4yrs, you have been killing yourselves like bush rat, still Nigeria no even lose 1 naira. Yet you have mind to brag that you are what? Which useless major group? Major group that the men have been turned to useless women fleeing their land in the night in skirts.

You are not smart at all. The Igbo are still a major ethnic group even in terms of population l. And there is nothing like Niger delta as a tribe quit this stupid assertions and show people that you have grey matter in your brains and not loi loi.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by naijaking1: 2:20am On Jul 15, 2023
eagleu:
There's a reason why development can't thrive in a corrupt system- and it's Igbo, Yoruba, or Hausa affair.
Just the facts ma'am!.

Everyone knows who collects those taxes in Lagos, and you still don't know what happened to it?

3 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Believeintruth: 2:24am On Jul 15, 2023
Christistruth03:

Exactly,

Aba even get better Sea Port

Another senseless comment

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Believeintruth: 2:30am On Jul 15, 2023
yankison:
What I don't just understand about this platform is that , every little thing that concerns one state in Nigeria would quickly be turned around into tribal fight BTW East and West ..wait is it only Easterners residing in Lagos ? I'm a bonifide Yoruba from ijesha origin my father has a company in oregun Lagos , we gave land to emzo paracetamol if you want to know . most of you guys here always quick to claim lagosians then be turning an eye opener about how nigeria govt leadership is been run to tribal fight are mostly low ass guys that if we find out ur parent no get anything for Lagos or might just move to Lagos less than a decade . You all need to be calming down ,the topic is about how the Lagos state local govt is not doing anything despite the huge revenue they get which is very true .. So many inner road network in Lagos is deplorable , block drainages, it what we see everyday no be mouth ..they are just stealing money every time but u assholes here always claiming leave our Lagos alone go de suffer and be smiling ..Abeg you people should shift jor and stop all this rubbish about saying South East South East .. The South Easterners living in Lagos and paying their heavy taxes and dues for doing business so if they point out something wrong they have got the right ...fake Yoruba boiz claiming lagosians .. Who is your father in Lagos

God bless you for this honest comment. Anytime someone complains about Lagos, the next thing is go back to your state. These guys are just paid to spin propaganda everytime.

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by olusovic10: 3:10am On Jul 15, 2023
What a pity!

That the youths who are at the receiving end of years of mismanagement of resources are yet being used to spin tribal propaganda.

That the people who instigated this tribal battle for their own selfish interests have since kept quiet waiting for another time they would spin it again and here we are still fighting.

That the people who are supposed to know and hold their leaders accountable are actually ignorant and uninformed despite years of 'formal education'.

What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by 2mch(m): 4:35am On Jul 15, 2023
isArray:
It's another Nigerian that you're referring to like this? What a pity, remember that the people at the helm of government don't do this nonsense, they pitch all of you against each other while they enjoy together. There is already discrimination against people with black skin, you shouldn't be discriminating your fellow Nigerian!
PS: Before you come for me, I'm a Lagosian!
You are stupid if you don’t know OP’s game. Check all his previous posts.
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Lifestone(m): 4:37am On Jul 15, 2023
Buddha3:

I don't get your point. You mean leadership should not be held accountable?
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Diligence: 4:59am On Jul 15, 2023
1. Gbadamosi Babatunde's video on what happened to ECOWAS project funds for Semi-Border, Badagry Exp Way so-called 10 lanes & railroad that was originally planned & paid for to connect From Okokomaiko to Orile-Iganmu, but was truncated at mile two..
2. If you plead with Guv Ambode, he may tell you what actually happens to Lagos treasury. He wanted to liberate Lagos from Emilokan, but stupid Lagos politicians were used once again by "BAT".
3. Ask Guv Sanwo-Olu if Lagos funds were used at all for delegates & for general elections, which Buhari & Emefiele tried to checkmate Emilokan for which he has not forgotten...
4. Ask what Alpha Beta's role in all of these.
5. Lagos could hv bn a highly developed Metropolitan City comparable to Dubai, but but these greedy politicians and their Emilokan spirit won't allow it.
6. Since 1999, who can deliver Lagos State!

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Owaincouncil: 5:01am On Jul 15, 2023
Sanwoolu is the worst thing that has happened to lagos in recent time.
All the past government in lagos state tried except this stupid point and kill governor.
All roads in lagos are in dilapidated state. For instance, when abode was the gov, lagos mainland LG were maintaining all their corridors. No potholes, but now what we have on our road in mainland now especially costain to oyingbo is dungeon, well or even borehole.
Lagos mainland LG should also be awarded the dirtiest LG in Nigeria. The lady chairman, Essien is as useless as letter R in Iron.
Sanwoolu went to reopen apongbon/ eko bridge, while the bridge is still in a sorry state after wasting our 16 good months on repair. Up till now, a section of the bridge is bad beyond measure. What pains me most was that he was their physically to reopen and saw the dilapidated state of the bridge.
May God deliver this state from sanwoolu. He is a scam and social media gov.

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Owaincouncil: 5:12am On Jul 15, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
There's an agency I do see patching up roads in Lagos state before, I wander why they are not effective again. It's been long I saw them work on a road in Lagos.

Sanwoolu is a scam and senseless. What has he done.
Under him, lagos has become a sorry state. The traffic now caused by bad road and road block is something else. The agbero are on increase. He went to reopen apongbon/Eko bridge. He was there personally, but a larger section of the bridge has collapse as at the time of reopening and he did opened it like that.
During fasola era, he went for the commissioning of a school in agege area, getting there, he saw that the railing space in-between are much, asked them to fix it before he can commission it. That's the governor that cares. Not sanwoolu. All he knows is propaganda.
Costain to oyingbo is in sorry state with massive potholes everywhere.
Before sanwoolu became a governor, the same lady who is the chairman (ESSIEN) usually fill the potholes, but since the era of sanwoolu, nothing has been done till date.
In terms of revenue to work done, sanwoolu is a failure compared to his predecessors.

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Owaincouncil: 5:13am On Jul 15, 2023
REDshouse:

They are back but at a very slow pace and many abandoned road projects by sanwolu causing terrible traffic situation everywhere couple with lawless commercial drivers on the roads...so annoying seriously

Under him, lagos has become a sorry state. The traffic now caused by bad road and road block is something else. The agbero are on increase. He went to reopen apongbon/Eko bridge. He was there personally, but a larger section of the bridge has collapse as at the time of reopening and he did opened it like that.
During fasola era, he went for the commissioning of a school in agege area, getting there, he saw that the railing space in-between are much, asked them to fix it before he can commission it. That's the governor that cares. Not sanwoolu. All he knows is propaganda.
Before sanwoolu became a governor, the same lady who is the chairman (ESSIEN) usually fill the potholes, but since the era of sanwoolu, nothing has been done till date.
In terms of revenue to work done, sanwoolu is a failure compared to his predecessors.

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Owaincouncil: 5:14am On Jul 15, 2023
XerXers:
When I tell them that the Aba they mock has better roads than Lagos they refused to believe because they only consume propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Fujiyama: 5:41am On Jul 15, 2023
grin grin
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by CSTRR: 5:54am On Jul 15, 2023
Buddha3:

If I pay taxes in Lagos, I should just ignore Lagos and its corruption?
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by CSTRR: 5:56am On Jul 15, 2023
When a govt is created by baba so pe, and they are sure of relection as long as they are loyal to baba.

Are you expecting competitive governance under such political atmosphere?

Who do you think they are loyal to? The people or baba?

1 Like

Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by 07kjb: 6:06am On Jul 15, 2023
2mch:

You are the bloody cowards who can’t face the losers turning your homeland into a wild animal zone. But you are obsessed with another man’s homeland. The ones who are not cowards enough to run from their fellow men in the dark of the night as a refugee to another region. SHAME. Disgusting and low specie of men.

Na una identity propaganda

We never ready for una, when we do we go still collect the internet from you guys..as we did during election

SOUTH EAST is more developed than Southwest try and be traveling
Re: Despite Huge Revenue, Lagos Local Councils Underperform, Worsen Residents’ Pains by Gabangel(m): 6:30am On Jul 15, 2023
Buddha3:

is Lagos a part of Nigeria abi you are talking of a country called Lagos? I sort of think you dont realize that Lagos indirectly affects almost the entire Nigeria. Where do Major corporations have some of their headquarters apart from Abuja? infact the name commercial capital of Nigeria means what? The gridlocks at the ports and the delays in removing goods from the PORTS affect who? Even media narratives are most times masterminded from Lagos - abi Channels and TVC are hausa channels? Its like saying we should leave Abuja for the Gbabgyis and Abujites just because its what they want.

if that place is improved, Nigerias revenue can run into trillions. Its commercial nature is unlimited... sink or not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPOB To Start Enforcing Ban On Cow Meat, Open Grazing April 27th / One Year Anniversary: Saraki Signs 2 Bills / Most APC Governors Is Afraid Of Direct Primaries Says Sen Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.