Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) (1959 Views)

Salary Earners- What Is The Highest Amount A Salary Job Has Paid You. / N-power Removes Double Salary Earners, See Those Affected / Lady Shares Screenshot Of Chat With A Man Who Offered Her A Job With 'Condition' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Haynnie: 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2023
A popular netizen by name Gosple Agochukwu has something to say about employees who are less in gratitude after recieving their monthly wage.

According to what he said, "you are ungrateful if you received your salary and didn't tell your boss thank you."
His opinion has made lot of netizens drag his opinion to the mud, saying it was supposed to be the other way round because they owe their boss no favour so it shouldn't be something to be expected. A few agreed to his opinion saying showing courtesy is formal.

My dear nairalanders what's your take on this?
Is it ethical to be grateful after earning your monthly wage?

I'll be in he comment sect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by meum: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
I played my part so (s)he has to play his/her own part. Thank you isn’t part of the agreement.

Any boss that expects me to say thank you after paying salary, trust me I will quit that job as the environment isn’t for me.

If (s)he gives me money for lunch, I will thank him/her very well. My former CEO once visited our branch years ago in my former company, as she was leaving she gave me lunch money(yes a lady dashed me money for lunch). The money was enough to buy me quality lunch for 3days. Let me put it this way, the amount she gave me for lunch was almost the amount I pay to transport myself to work in a month. Did I say thank you? Of course! Have I ever thanked her for paying me my monthly salary at the end of the month? Never did I.😁

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Some people just talk nonsense to feel smart.

I made an agreement with you that I work for you in turn I get paid. Which one is thank you? Ogbeni koshi

3 Likes

Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Xammie001(m): 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
MOST PEOPLE JUST WANT TO TALK.
MY SALARY IS WHAT I GET IN EXCHANGE FOR THE SERVICES RENDERED, SO WHY THE THANK YOU
IF YOU PROMOTE I WON'T EVEN SAY THANK YOU BECAUSE IF I'M NOT WORTH IT ,IT WON'T BE GIVEN TO ME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by GanagiBitrus: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
A typical salary earner is always paid less than his true worth. So saying "Thank You" is like thanking you Boss for cheating or exploiting you.

5 Likes

Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by talk2hb1(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
Maybe he promised a payment in the employers contract.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Les: 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
I was highly offended when I saw that useless write-up. How badly wounded can one's mindset be to assume such a slave mentality as the default setting?

Someone who has no self-worth, who thinks his time and effort are worth less than the useless world's currencies so much to be appreciative of the wages due him for the services rendered.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Confiture: 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
The guy could be chasing clout or craving attention so badly.

His slavish mentality says it all, as if the employee is not contributing his physical, intellectual and emotional strength to the growth and development of the organization.

If an employee feels like expressing gratitude to his/her employer, he could do so. It shouldn't be compulsory.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by DesChyko: 8:04am On Jul 15, 2023
Very weird.

As a school teacher, I resume by 7 AM and observe no breaks until 3 PM, 8 hours (and one-third of my day) everyday, Monday through Thursday, getting off two hours earlier on Friday.

So after offering my service for all of 4 weeks, sharing and imparting value I've laboured to gather, I should still be expected to say 'thank you' for the returns I expect?

What then Is the employer bringing to the table? 🤷🏾‍♂️

4 Likes

Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Maj196(m): 8:25am On Jul 15, 2023
That is so condescending. Why on earth would you say thank you for being given your right?

Some people brain na akamu full am.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Katsuki: 9:44am On Jul 15, 2023
got my first salary and 4 days later my boss asked if i saw anything and i said yeah, since 4 days ago "and you are now coding as if nothing happened" he said
and i thought inside "tf was i supposed to do, thank you? 🤣🤣🤣"

thats retarded
did you thank me for working for 30 days

1 Like

Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by OperationalVehi: 9:48am On Jul 15, 2023
you were paid for a job well-done. what should you say thank you for receiving what you have worked for.. this slave mentality has really dealt a huge blow on many africans.
doing what is right seem to be strange to them, and they feel like you should thank them for doing what is right
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by shegzhkn: 10:35am On Jul 15, 2023
Lol. It's not an error that God placed the black man at the very bottom of the power dynamics.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by sojisenai(m): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2023
IMO, it depends on the type of Boss you have...there are some Bosses that will put the salary of their employees as their number one priority...they pay early when it is Sallah, Xmas or Easter...they think like their employees and don't want them to lack. Yes! There are Bosses like that...these ones deserve 'Thank you' every single time.

But you see those other Bosses...time and space will not permit me to talk.

Meanwhile, We are a caregiving company dedicated to providing the highest quality care for our elderly clients or those that are ill, disabled and nursing mothers, right in their homes.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by zedegit: 11:04am On Jul 15, 2023
Haynnie:
A popular netizen by name Gosple Agochukwu has something to say about employees who are less in gratitude after recieving their monthly wage.

According to what he said, "you are ungrateful if you received your salary and didn't tell your boss thank you."
His opinion has made lot of netizens drag his opinion to the mud, saying it was supposed to be the other way round because they owe their boss no favour so it shouldn't be something to be expected. A few agreed to his opinion saying showing courtesy is formal.

It's mutual. Besides employers are not doing you a favour. Can they succeed without workers?

Forget all these slave trade mentality joor.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by talented321: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2023
Looking down on people who are working for u is very bad, s6metimes i appreciate my workers with extra token because i know the kind help they are rendering to me.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Sucre6: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
Having a smartphone and getting verified on social media doesn't make you smart or intelligent,

These things are relative, a graduate will toil from 1-31 days with plenty bills to pay and transport chopping major part of the salary then u expect him to lick you ass for paying him for his sweat?

If the pay is good and my boss is good, why not, if not, make him getat, Nah my salary i collect him no dash me the money for doing nothing.
Mumu talk I say again
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by WeirdAlien: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2023
Slavery mentality.

On the contrary, employees jointly pay the salary of their bosses. Without their input, the boss won't make money. Poor men enrich the rich people.
Suppose all employees of a particular company stopped working for several months, with no none willing to replace them, the bosses will soon start looking for jobs themselves.

The boss employed you because he believes you will contribute far more than what he would ever need to pay you as salary.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by OloYeOfEgbE: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2023
Oh nooo na,shey na why boss come dey vex dey deduct salary for small error.

You for talk am na..haba

Thank you Jesus thank you baba God..

Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Imun(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
This one no well ni..... How much de the salary self
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by westlius(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
Imun:
This one no well ni..... How much de the salary self
My dear
Hiw will I thank them
When they have bought my time already
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by adehadex(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
The reward for labor is wages, I don't get to see thank you in the equation
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Chibuezem(m): 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
Haynnie:

Nope I owe him no thank you, yes I will respect him for keeping to his part of our deal besides I worked for it, he should also thank me for leaving my comfort zone to work for him.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by Natbrowny: 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Employers should rather say thank you to employees for a good job done during the month.

Most employers dnt praise their most priced assets - STAFFS.

But when its time to complain - VOLUME INCREASES.
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by MS247: 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2023
Actually you deserve to be thanked for your service
Re: What A Popular Netizen Has To Say About Ungrateful Salary Earners (screenshot) by sammirano: 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2023
If you are well paid you will say it. It will come to you naturally, but as we know Nigeria's employers don't pay well. So thanks no thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Trainee Engineers Wanted In A Telecom Engineering Company / Uba Entry Level Payment / I Just Got A Text To Attend An Interview In Sterling Bank Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.