Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants (30880 Views)

FG Slashes Visa Fees For US Citizens / Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 / FG Reduces Visa Fees For Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Cantonese: 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
Wahala, wahala, wahala!

1 Like

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by ACRI: 9:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
People should check other European countries

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by eluquenson(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
These Indians in UK politics no get joy oh

First na Rishi sister, now na Rishi

Blurdy immigrants

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Celepope: 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
Very soon you’ll see people from a very backward country coming to criticize the Uk whom are out there looking out for its citizens. Them dey call meat for soup, mushroom still dey raise hand

3 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
The UK has definitely run out of ideas on how to improve their earnings. That's why they are turning to taxing immigrants.

By the way, I was just studying how countries around the world tax their people. I realise that the UK should be the highest in the world.

Honestly, I hail Nigerians who live in the UK. How can someone cope in a country where you can pay income tax of about 45% coming from a country where you pay peanuts in taxes?
How many jobs in Nigeria can pay u more than £125000

3 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Careente7(m): 9:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
Stay house ,you no gree.
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by NaijaCover(m): 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Klass99(f): 9:53pm On Jul 14, 2023

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Onuoha1234(m): 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
Good move. Raise the| cost# as high as you can, T-he poor are not going to any p)ace.
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
Favourrrr:
It's good, let's us stay back and put our country in order

Hundreds of millions of people stayed back. How have they improved Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
I will honestly never even understand what migrants find appealing about the UK.

That country drains what should be your savings with monumental taxes. The UK is not even amongst the top 5 countries with the highest GDP per capital.

You wan migrate, wetin do Canada, Australia, USA, Sweden, Austria, or even China, Japan, Russia? Wetin una dey actually find for UK?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by VTJN(m): 9:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dyfynezz12:
How many jobs in Nigeria can pay u more than £125000
most of those students spending millions of naira to study in UK do not often get reasonable job after school

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
VTJN:
most of those students spending millions of naira to study in UK do not often get reasonable job after school
That's not my concern,the guy I quoted said u can pay up to 45 % tax in UK.
And for u to pay up to dat u need to be earning from £125k, so I asked him how many jobs in Nigeria can pay u £125k.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Iko5000: 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
You are wrong there ,scandinavian countries have higher taxes than Uk . Check Norway taxes .
SmartPolician:
The UK has definitely run out of ideas on how to improve their earnings. That's why they are turning to taxing immigrants.

By the way, I was just studying how countries around the world tax their people. I realise that the UK should be the highest in the world.

Honestly, I hail Nigerians who live in the UK. How can someone cope in a country where you can pay income tax of about 45% coming from a country where you pay peanuts in taxes?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
The main reason i cancelled my UK applications. Fees are too exorbitant!

3 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by greggng: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
Cam you see the difference btw a progressive leadership and backward leadership like we have in Nigeria. The progressive leadership is not interested in borrowing loans, they are not interested in over taxing there citizens ...but money for argumenting govt spending most come from somewhere. They decided it most come from immigrants ...A country most be viable b4 anyone can think of going there ...

Here we have a country were subsidy has been removed
No health care insurance
Car owners are to pay for proof of ownership of car they have been riding for years
Custom duties gone up
High price of inflation
Electricity tariff gone up

Our govt only solution is to tax us till we are dead .
Borrow till China takeover our country

As you can see there is a difference btw leaders that want there people happy and those that want there people to suffer . Everyone wants to japa cos someone is implementing a policy that wears human face in his own country while those living are running away from the bad policy if the govt . It has nothing to do with tribalism ...it will affect all of us .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by TheGift: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
ideynl1:
I thought they wanted to stop immigrants from coming in?

So if they stop the migrants, how would they see funds to implement increase in health workers salary?

It seems they aren’t serious.

Think again.

If they increase the visa fees- fewer people will migrate

For those who still decide to migrate , they will pay more to access NHS and other national services.

Either way UK wins and either way potential or actual immigrants lose.
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by ItisWell22(f): 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:
A win for the common man.

Make the globe trotting political elites sit their ass up and do the needful

Unfortunately, they can afford it. 😔

It still affects the common man more! 😒

2 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by RaptorX: 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Only dummies still want to migrate to the UK in 2023.
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Tareq1105: 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
UK doesn't have anything or any source other than visa fees for migrants.

That's why I tell people, you can always go to UK anytime you have money. They have one week Visa processing and it would be ready.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Bimpe29: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
Barriers to entry are significantly increasing since Sunak came onboard
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Ameoba300: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
This Sunak con worst pass all them o
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Tumbuleke: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
When Nigerians and Indians dey pack dependents like Sardine come the country, one person for masters go pack all him villagers come as dependents, and useless corrupt France border authorities dey open Calais for illegal immigrants to enter UK despite billions wey UK government dey pay French authorities…….small island but Romanians, polish, Ukrainians, Africans, etc don choke am die
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by allthingsgood: 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
greenermodels:
as long as most residents see what the money is been spent on,they would continue to pay it with happiness. The NHS alone is enough justification.

How many people traveling to uk access nhs

2 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by victorsola: 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2023
Toks2008:

You only pay more tax if you earn above a threshold.

And even with the taxes, the country is still 100000000 times better than naija.
what threshold. Does anybody earn below 12k pounds a year. And if tinubu tax you people will keep screaming yet u can go to another country and get taxed heavily .

6 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Edusouls(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
Blacks would always favor to serve and ass lick their slave masters , they would still prefer to travel to U.K happily pay anything their slave masters tells them to pay just to feel fulfilled they are in white mans land, black slavery is default wiring by nature now I see…

5 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Gokoyer0(m): 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
How is it possible to spend 45k Pounds for one year msc program? Is that person going with family? If that's not the case, that must be University of Oxford grin or one of the most expensive schools in UK. There are schools with msc program with 12k pounds
ChristineC:
I'm pretty sure Nigerians will start avoiding the UK, at least those for MSc.
the incentives for them are already wiped off. higher cost equivalent in naira, no dependent, increased visa cost and insurance.
why will anybody be willing to waste £45k for a master's degree in the UK when there are good alternatives like SE Asia, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Canada?

2 Likes

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Thegamingorca(m): 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
SmartPolician:

Thats why the country works
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by Slymonster(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
Just know they want to cash out more on Nigeria head
Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by crossbreedwears(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
45k pounds is enough for me to run a succesful busy here rather than spending it on a certificate. To hell with MSC
ChristineC:
I'm pretty sure Nigerians will start avoiding the UK, at least those for MSc.
the incentives for them are already wiped off. higher cost equivalent in naira, no dependent, increased visa cost and insurance.
why will anybody be willing to waste £45k for a master's degree in the UK when there are good alternatives like SE Asia, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Canada?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK To Increase Visa Fees, Health Charges For Migrants by ChristineC: 11:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
Gokoyer0:
How is it possible to spend 45k Pounds for one year msc program? Is that person going with family? If that's not the case, that must be University of Oxford grin or one of the most expensive schools in UK.
even if we consider the cheaper schools, average tuition for MSc has gone up to £16k last I checked.
Insurance and visa fee is about £1k. the average student has a spouse so make that £2k.
flight expenses will cost about #1.5m for two people.
average rent in London for somewhere near private for a student is £500 - £650 (£8k a year). hall of residence will be cheaper for those that can afford lump sum.
student expenditure of about £550 monthly (£7k +/-a year). add spouse expenditure of around £300 (£3k +/-). around £10k combined expenditure a year.
we are still having a budget of near £40k.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Does Immigration Medical Exam Cost In Lagos / Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 / Pictures Of Opi-Nsukka Dual Carriageway, Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.