Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? (898 Views)

Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar / Russia Vs Ukraine: The Lies, Misinformation And Outright Propaganda (Fact Check) / China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2023
This is a compilation of killings be it directly or indirectly in which both Russia and USA have been involved in over the years. After this analysis I'll leave you to your mind and brain to decern for yourself which country is and has been a threat to world peace........

Russia
1991 - 2009 chehnya wars.
Russia invaded chehnya because of terrorist activities by their leader whom the USA was in contact with. The dispute escalated and Russia invaded.

2008 Georgia war.
Their was civil unrest between russian speaking majority areas and the western backed areas which broke out into a civil war, Russia stepped in and intervened on behalf of the Russians and declared independence for those regions Abkhazia and south Ossetia.

2015 Syria.
Syrian President Assad was to be removed through a sponsored military coup, he called on Russia for assistance and Russia came to his rescue.

2014-2023 Ukraine
There has been civil unrest amongst pro Ukrainians and the pro Russians in the donbass region. The UN failed to quell this dispute and it further escalated when a coup happened in Ukraine that led to the removal of their democratically elected president. How be it, the civil unrest in the donbass regions continued unabated. Russia stepped in to rescue Russians in the donbass region and helped them with independence which they have been clamouring for.

USA
1899-1902 Boer war
1899-1902 Philippines - american war
1904-1908 Herero wars
1912-1913 Balkan wars
1915-1920 caco wars 1 and 2
1921-1927 Rif war
1923-1932 Libya war
1927-1949 Chinese civil war
1935-1937 2nd halo-abyssinian war
1936-1939 Spanish civil war
1946-1954 Indochina war
1947-1948 Malagasy 1998 uprising
1948 Arab- Israeli war
1945-1949 Indonesian war of independence
1948-1960 Malayan emergency
1950-1953 Korean war
1952-1960 mau mau uprising
1954-1962 Algerian war
1955-1975 Vietnam war.
1965 Indo Pakistani war
1960 to 1998 the troubles
1971 Bangladesh liberation war
1970-1975 Cambodian civil war
1973 Yom Kippur war
1975-1999 Indonesian invasion and occupation of East Timor
1975-1990 Lebanese civil war
1978-2023 civil war in Afghanistan
1980-1988 Iran - Iraq war
1985-2023 Uganda war
1991-1999 Yugoslav wars
1990-2000 Liberia/ Sierra Leone
1990 invasion of Kuwait
1991-2002 Algerian civil war
1994-2009 Russia- Chechnya wars
1998-2006 2nd Congo war
2003-2011 Iraq invasion
2006 Lebanon war
2003-2010 dafur conflict ( civil war in Chad)
2008-2009 Gaza war
2009 Sri Lankan civil war
2011-2022 Syrian civil war
2014 Ukraine civil unrest
2015 Kurdish - Turkish conflict
2020 Nagorno - kordbakh war
2020-2022 Tigray war

I could not give explanations on that of USA because it's just too much and most of it where for unreasonable reasons....

Now as some would say, that USA did it in the past doesn't mean Russia should do it as well. Good so let's exonerate both of them of the past and focus on the present Russia Ukraine war.

USA and the Cuba missile crisis is the same scenario playing out in Ukraine. The USA didn't want their enemy at their borders not to talk of having a military alliance with their neighbours, so if the USA won't allow it then, why are they doing the same thing they don't want done to them to others?
Let's backtrack to the Biafran war, Biafrans wanted to be independent same way the pro Russians in the donbass region want to be independent. The Nigerian government could have dialogued with them and they both come to an agreeable compromise beneficiary to both, same way the Ukrainian government could have dialogued with the people of the donbass region and they can both come to a peaceful compromising agreement, but no, the Nigerian government and the Ukrainian government made the wrong choice of engagement and quelling the unrest (militarily).
The Nigerian government succeeded in their quest because the Biafrans didn't have someone supporting them like the Russian government, the people of the donbass region on the other hand have the backing of a world power in Russia. How be it, despite the success of the Nigerian government in quelling the civil unrest with the Biafrans, the hate and resentment from the Biafrans still persists and will continue to. The Ukrainian government on the under hand has not been successful with the military option of resolving disputes so far and will not be able to achieve success. The donbass region got their independence already and Russia will do everything to keep it that way just like in Georgia and Chechnya.

If at the end of these analysis and you still feel the USA or NATO is a force for peace then , it's either you have a brain but you're not the one using it.

I'm Omole Adjovi Adebayo a Yoruba born in Lagos a student of political science and international relations, a Christian and I'm 1 million percent obidient ( for those who want to play the tribal and political view and religious card).....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by God1000(m): 10:42am On Jul 15, 2023
US intervention in the aforementioned countries were mostly to defend freedom and democracy from brutal dictators.

Though they made some mistakes

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2023
God1000:
US intervention in the aforementioned countries was mostly to defend freedom and democracy from brutal dictators.

Defend freedom really? You see thats the card the USA plays and has been working for them but not anymore. It's always justified with freedom. What Russia did in Syria, Georgia, Chechnya based on your logic is what then? Freedom as well. Or should Russia allow their people killed without intervening?

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 10:46am On Jul 15, 2023
God1000:
US intervention in the aforementioned countries was mostly to defend freedom and democracy from brutal dictators.

And what has been the aftereffects of this USA freedom in this places? Have they been better than they were?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by God1000(m): 10:49am On Jul 15, 2023
Adjovi:

Defend freedom really? You see thats the card the USA plays and has been working for them but not anymore. It's always justified with freedom. What Russia did in Syria, Georgia, Chechnya based on your logic is what then? Freedom as well. Or should Russia allow their people killed without intervening?
There's a difference bro, Putin thinks Ukraine and some countries don't have the right to exist, Russia invades to seize territories in other countries and conduct illegal referendum.

US doesn't invade to seize any territory.
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by God1000(m): 10:51am On Jul 15, 2023
Adjovi:

And what has been the aftereffects of this USA freedom in this places? Have they been better than they were?
maybe not, that's why I said they have made some mistakes

But did you see America threatening any country with nuclear weapon, I don't think they are a threat to the world
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 11:00am On Jul 15, 2023
God1000:
maybe not, that's why I said they have made some mistakes

But did you see America threatening any country with nuclear weapon, I don't think they are a threat to the world

Lol really that's rich coming from the only country in the history of the world to have used a nuclear weapon and the reason everyone started getting nuclear weapons. Who did you think nations got nuclear weapons for, to deter? Russia who has never used it before? Lol you people don't seem to always want to accept the fact and truth cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 11:03am On Jul 15, 2023
God1000:

There's a difference bro, Putin thinks Ukraine and some countries don't have the right to exist, Russia invades to seize territories in other countries and conduct illegal referendum.

Lol everything you quoted is quite untrue. Mention the countries Russia threatened without them crossing a line? I guess you probably didn't read the write up above because if you did you'll see that all you wrote here are all USA doings and not Russia. Who threatens others if they don't do their biddings? USA , who seizes territories and not give them back USA, who invades without a justifiable reason usa
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Draslo(m): 11:06am On Jul 15, 2023
America is so good at playing both sides of the coin. Good and evil. The USA and Russia are eternal enemies. This will go on for millennia. They will always find means to undermine each other.

OP, you shouldn't have said you're Obidient. It makes you sound like you're lacking in mental capacity. What does being Obidient have to do with the USA being evil most of the time?
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2023
Draslo:
America is so good at playing both sides of the coin. Good and evil. The USA and Russia are eternal enemies. This will go on for millennia. They will always find means to undermine each other.

OP, you shouldn't have said you're Obidient. It makes you sound like you're lacking in mental capacity. What does being Obidient have to do with the USA being evil most of the time?

The reason I said I'm obidient is because here on nairaland it is believed that it's only tinubu supporters are the only ones supporting Russia because of the USA and visa stuffs and terrorism (Muslims) that's why I brought up everything I know bigots on this forum would want to use to attack my personality or point of view.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Eneye4me: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2023
God1000:

Has America returned the land seize from mexico

2 Likes

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by obedience4(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
Op I see alot of nonsense you wrote,
But I don't have time to start countering war after war,

Just one question when did the USA fought in Uganda
Just help me understand just this one please
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
obedience4:
Op I see alot of nonsense you wrote,
But I don't have time to start countering war after war,

Just one question when did the USA fought in Uganda
Just help me understand just this one please

SEBI u have sense ? You can use your sense to debunk everything there sir
The same thing Russia went to do in Syria to help Assad. Same thing USA went to do in Uganda to help musevvini

2 Likes

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by obedience4(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Adjovi:

SEBI u have sense ? You can use your sense to debunk everything there sir
The same thing Russia went to do in Syria to help Assad. Same thing USA went to do in Uganda to help musevvini

We're there USA troops in Uganda

You know what is funny is that the USA never even supported musevvini, he was supported by your darling Soviet Union ,china and lybia.

The USA supported the Uganda government that was overthrow by museevvni,
Mr man get your facts right
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Kingsnairaland(m): 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2023
We all must stop USA hegemony before it destroys the world.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
obedience4:

We're there USA troops in Uganda

You know what is funny is that the USA never even supported musevvini, he was supported by your darling Soviet Union ,china and lybia.

The USA supported the Uganda government that was overthrow by museevvni,
Mr man get your facts right

Any form of support is support Mr man. Aid , military, weapons it's all support. You might want to check again. USA supported museevvni sir
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by obedience4(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
Adjovi:

Any form of support is support Mr man. Aid , military, weapons it's all support. You might want to check again. USA supported museevvni sir

The USA didn't support museevvni,
The Uganda bush war.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugandan_Bush_War
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Tiopii: 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2023
The US isn't at war with any nation, we can't say same of Russia
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Draslo(m): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
Adjovi:

The reason I said I'm obidient is because here on nairaland it is believed that it's only tinubu supporters are the only ones supporting Russia because of the USA and visa stuffs and terrorism (Muslims) that's why I brought up everything I know bigots on this forum would want to use to attack my personality or point of view.
Fair enough
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Badassniggga(m): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2023
God1000:
US intervention in the aforementioned countries were mostly to defend freedom and democracy from brutal dictators.

what Fvcking freedom?? Same way Russia was criticized for not respecting sovereignty is what US has done in the past, the recent being Syria. 2 of them na the same just that one is a bigger devil who's currently in Syria right now stealing their oil 🛢️ but wanting the rest of the world to believe they're the good guy and Russia is the devil.

What is US doing in Syria in 2023? Who invited US to that country? Your response to that question determines if this conversation continues or ends here. Good day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Badassniggga(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2023
Tiopii:

What is US Army doing in Syria in 2023?? Who invited US to that country? I know Russian forces are in Syria as well invited by the Syrian Government. But who invited US to Syria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by joyandfaith: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2023
Adjovi:
This is a compilation of killings be it directly or indirectly in which both Russia and USA have been involved in over the years. After this analysis I'll leave you to your mind and brain to decern for yourself which country is and has been a threat to world peace........

Russia
1991 - 2009 chehnya wars.
Russia invaded chehnya because of terrorist activities by their leader whom the USA was in contact with. The dispute escalated and Russia invaded.

2008 Georgia war.
Their was civil unrest between russian speaking majority areas and the western backed areas which broke out into a civil war, Russia stepped in and intervened on behalf of the Russians and declared independence for those regions Abkhazia and south Ossetia.

2015 Syria.
Syrian President Assad was to be removed through a sponsored military coup, he called on Russia for assistance and Russia came to his rescue.

2014-2023 Ukraine
There has been civil unrest amongst pro Ukrainians and the pro Russians in the donbass region. The UN failed to quell this dispute and it further escalated when a coup happened in Ukraine that led to the removal of their democratically elected president. How be it, the civil unrest in the donbass regions continued unabated. Russia stepped in to rescue Russians in the donbass region and helped them with independence which they have been clamouring for.

USA
1899-1902 Boer war
1899-1902 Philippines - american war
1904-1908 Herero wars
1912-1913 Balkan wars
1915-1920 caco wars 1 and 2
1921-1927 Rif war
1923-1932 Libya war
1927-1949 Chinese civil war
1935-1937 2nd halo-abyssinian war
1936-1939 Spanish civil war
1946-1954 Indochina war
1947-1948 Malagasy 1998 uprising
1948 Arab- Israeli war
1945-1949 Indonesian war of independence
1948-1960 Malayan emergency
1950-1953 Korean war
1952-1960 mau mau uprising
1954-1962 Algerian war
1955-1975 Vietnam war.
1965 Indo Pakistani war
1960 to 1998 the troubles
1971 Bangladesh liberation war
1970-1975 Cambodian civil war
1973 Yom Kippur war
1975-1999 Indonesian invasion and occupation of East Timor
1975-1990 Lebanese civil war
1978-2023 civil war in Afghanistan
1980-1988 Iran - Iraq war
1985-2023 Uganda war
1991-1999 Yugoslav wars
1990-2000 Liberia/ Sierra Leone
1990 invasion of Kuwait
1991-2002 Algerian civil war
1994-2009 Russia- Chechnya wars
1998-2006 2nd Congo war
2003-2011 Iraq invasion
2006 Lebanon war
2003-2010 dafur conflict ( civil war in Chad)
2008-2009 Gaza war
2009 Sri Lankan civil war
2011-2022 Syrian civil war
2014 Ukraine civil unrest
2015 Kurdish - Turkish conflict
2020 Nagorno - kordbakh war
2020-2022 Tigray war

I could not give explanations on that of USA because it's just too much and most of it where for unreasonable reasons....

Now as some would say, that USA did it in the past doesn't mean Russia should do it as well. Good so let's exonerate both of them of the past and focus on the present Russia Ukraine war.

USA and the Cuba missile crisis is the same scenario playing out in Ukraine. The USA didn't want their enemy at their borders not to talk of having a military alliance with their neighbours, so if the USA won't allow it then, why are they doing the same thing they don't want done to them to others?
Let's backtrack to the Biafran war, Biafrans wanted to be independent same way the pro Russians in the donbass region want to be independent. The Nigerian government could have dialogued with them and they both come to an agreeable compromise beneficiary to both, same way the Ukrainian government could have dialogued with the people of the donbass region and they can both come to a peaceful compromising agreement, but no, the Nigerian government and the Ukrainian government made the wrong choice of engagement and quelling the unrest (militarily).
The Nigerian government succeeded in their quest because the Biafrans didn't have someone supporting them like the Russian government, the people of the donbass region on the other hand have the backing of a world power in Russia. How be it, despite the success of the Nigerian government in quelling the civil unrest with the Biafrans, the hate and resentment from the Biafrans still persists and will continue to. The Ukrainian government on the under hand has not been successful with the military option of resolving disputes so far and will not be able to achieve success. The donbass region got their independence already and Russia will do everything to keep it that way just like in Georgia and Chechnya.

If at the end of these analysis and you still feel the USA or NATO is a force for peace then , it's either you have a brain but you're not the one using it.

I'm Omole Adjovi Adebayo a Yoruba born in Lagos a student of political science and international relations, a Christian and I'm 1 million percent obidient ( for those who want to play the tribal and political view and religious card).....

USA is a learner. Russia usually invades countries to annex lands. US wouldn't annex lands of any sovereign nations

Russian Invasive nbyb
Russian conquest of Siberia, 1580-1778
Russo-Polish War (1654–1667)
Smolensk War, 1632–1634
Sack of Baturyn, 1708
Russo-Circassian War, 1763–1864
Liquidation of the Zaporozhian Sich, 1775
Annexation of Crimea by the Russian Empire, 1783
Partitions of Poland, 1772–1795
Caucasian War, 1817–1864
Russian invasion of Manchuria, 1900
Russian occupation of Tabriz, 1911
Russian invasion of East Prussia (1914)
Soviet–Ukrainian War (1917–1920)
Soviet invasion of Azerbaijan, 1920
Soviet invasion of Armenia, 1920
Red Army invasion of Georgia, 1921
Soviet invasion of Xinjiang, 1934
Soviet invasion of Poland, 1939
Winter War, 1939
Soviet occupation of the Baltic States, 1940
Soviet occupation of Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina, 1940
Soviet Invasion of Manchuri, 1945
Hungarian Revolution of 1956
Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia, 1968
Soviet–Afghan War, 1979–1989
First Chechen War, 1994–1997
Second Chechen War, 1999–2000
Russo-Georgian War, 2008
Russo-Ukrainian War, 2014–
2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by GuestHost: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2023
Badassniggga:
what Fvcking freedom?? Same way Russia was criticized for not respecting sovereignty is what US has done in the past, the recent being Syria. 2 of them na the same just that one is a bigger devil who's currently in Syria right now stealing their oil 🛢️ but wanting the rest of the world to believe they're the good guy and Russia is the devil.

What is US doing in Syria in 2023? Who invited US to that country? Your response to that question determines if this conversation continues or ends here. Good day.

grin
Guy na you write the Art of Grading Devils?

To protect and grant freedom to the oil wells that are currently under oppression and suppression cool
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
joyandfaith:

USA is a learner. Russia usually invades countries to annex lands. US wouldn't annex lands of any sovereign nations

Russian Invasive nbyb
Smolensk War, 1632–1634
Sack of Baturyn, 1708
Caucasian War, 1817–1864
Winter War, 1939
Russo-Georgian War, 2008

Lmao Russia gained independence 1990 this is the Soviet Union amigos. Anything to pacify yourself that USA is better than Russia will only make you go dipper into the mud cheesy grin
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
obedience4:

The USA didn't support museevvni,
The Uganda bush war.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugandan_Bush_War

Lol they did. It was even under museevvni that Thier alliance with the USA started bro.
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
Tiopii:

Are you sure about that? It's not until you fight directly with someone before you show you're at war with them.

1 Like

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by mysticwarrior(m): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
joyandfaith:

Russian Invasive nbyb
Smolensk War, 1632–1634
Sack of Baturyn, 1708
Caucasian War, 1817–1864
Winter War, 1939
Russo-Georgian War, 2008
Most of the invasion you mentioned here was carried out by the Soviet union like you clearly stated, Russia was not the only member of the Soviet union then so your point don't really count.
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
Since putin told USA that he will show them what they have never seen in their history USA for the first time in the history of earth panicked and refused to send military men directly into the operation lol.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by joyandfaith: 4:32am On Jul 16, 2023
Adjovi:

Lmao Russia gained independence 1990 this is the Soviet Union amigos. Anything to pacify yourself that USA is better than Russia will only make you go dipper into the mud cheesy grin

Soviet union was about Russia., you guys would be proud to say Russia defeated nazi germany in ww2. Soviet union was another form of Russia empire. Nations were coerced into joining the union.

@mysticwarrior
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by bassdow: 9:45am On Jul 16, 2023
Both & NONE
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by Adjovi: 10:35am On Jul 16, 2023
joyandfaith:

Soviet union was about Russia., you guys would be proud to say Russia defeated nazi germany in ww2. Soviet union was another form of Russia empire. Nations were coerced into joining the union.

@mysticwarrior

Soviet Union defeated the Nazis not Russia grin grin cheesy you can't change history Mr man. Russia is what we are talking about and not the Soviet Union
Re: Russia Vs USA Who Is The Real Threat To World Peace? by bassdow: 11:13am On Jul 16, 2023
God1000:

Arguing with most people is more like Arguing on how effective PRAYERs have been

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jews Now Want To Quit Palestine / The Facts About Hamas / Ukraine’s Military Commander: No Russian Troops Are In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.