Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Not Only AS And AS That Shouldn't Marry. This Blood Group Needs To Watch Out Too - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Not Only AS And AS That Shouldn't Marry. This Blood Group Needs To Watch Out Too (284 Views)

10 Things That Shouldn't Determine Your Self Worth Or Self Esteem / What You Need To Know About Your Genotype And Blood Group. Pictorial / 22 Signs To Watch Out For When Using A Gas Cylinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Only AS And AS That Shouldn't Marry. This Blood Group Needs To Watch Out Too by generalpelu(m): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
There's this lady I got to know who's been struggling to have a child. She loses the pregnancy anytime she takes in. She's lost several pregnancies. It seems her village people are on her case.

I got to know her through a friend who's their church member (I won't mention the name of the church). The thing is when they get pregnant, it's the congregation's maternity home they must use for antenatal. You know, these mummies might be well experienced in delivery matters, but they are not well knowledgeable about many things.

Anytime she loses a pregnancy, they kept attaching the loss to a spiritual attack.

When I heard the case, I asked about her blood group. I told my friend that her blood group might cause the loss. My friend asked her to go have a blood test. And my suspicion came true: AB-. She's rhesus negative. She was suffering from rhesus incompatibility.

She secretly started seeing a medical doctor who guided her through. She got an anti-D against the rhesus incompatibility. Last Tuesday, she was delivered of a bouncing baby girl.

See, it's not every time that village people are the cause of our predicament. Ignorance is a village person. Many of us don't know about blood rhesus.

It was in 2014 I first learned about blood rhesus. It happened that I had quitted my relationship after discovering that myself and the lady are both AS. After a while, I went for a second test to be sure of my genotype. The lab technician did the blood test and came out with the same result as the first.

We got talking, and he told me that aside genotype, I must watch out for blood rhesus. I didn't know what it meant at the time. He explained to me. Rhesus factor is the positive or negative sign that the different blood group types carry: A+, A-, AB+, O-, etc. He told me that a woman with negative rhesus being on a subsequent pregnancy (not her first pregnancy) for a man with positive rhesus stands risk of losing the pregnancy or even her life. Except she gets a particular injection at the termination (either abortion or delivery) of each gestation period.

I'm not sure what I've explained here is 💯 percent correct. A medical personnel will do better. As a woman if your blood group is rhesus negative, see your doctor before taking in. It will save you a whole lot.

Oluwapelumi Awotedu

3 Likes

Re: Not Only AS And AS That Shouldn't Marry. This Blood Group Needs To Watch Out Too by TemplarLandry: 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2023
Quit.
generalpelu:
There's this lady I got to know who's been struggling to have a child. She loses the pregnancy anytime she takes in. She's lost several pregnancies. It seems her village people are on her case.

I got to know her through a friend who's their church member (I won't mention the name of the church). The thing is when they get pregnant, it's the congregation's maternity home they must use for antenatal. You know, these mummies might be well experienced in delivery matters, but they are not well knowledgeable about many things.

Anytime she loses a pregnancy, they kept attaching the loss to a spiritual attack.

When I heard the case, I asked about her blood group. I told my friend that her blood group might cause the loss. My friend asked her to go have a blood test. And my suspicion came true: AB-. She's rhesus negative. She was suffering from rhesus incompatibility.

She secretly started seeing a medical doctor who guided her through. She got an anti-D against the rhesus incompatibility. Last Tuesday, she was delivered of a bouncing baby girl.

See, it's not every time that village people are the cause of our predicament. Ignorance is a village person. Many of us don't know about blood rhesus.

It was in 2014 I first learned about blood rhesus. It happened that I quitted my relationship after discovering that myself and the lady are both AS. After a while, I went for a second test to be sure of my genotype. The lab technician did the blood test and came out with the same result as the first.

We got talking, and he told me that aside genotype, I must watch out for blood rhesus. I didn't know what it meant at the time. He explained to me. Rhesus factor is the positive or negative sign that the different blood group types carry: A+, A-, AB+, O-, etc. He told me that a woman with negative rhesus being on a subsequent pregnancy (not her first pregnancy) for a man with positive rhesus stands risk of losing the pregnancy or even her life. Except she gets a particular injection at the termination (either abortion or delivery) of each gestation period.

I'm not sure what I've explained here is 💯 percent correct. A medical personnel will do better. As a woman if your blood group is rhesus negative, see your doctor before taking in. It will save you a whole lot.

Oluwapelumi Awotedu
Re: Not Only AS And AS That Shouldn't Marry. This Blood Group Needs To Watch Out Too by salvation77177: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
Yes, it's true. I'm aware of it.

1 Like

Re: Not Only AS And AS That Shouldn't Marry. This Blood Group Needs To Watch Out Too by generalpelu(m): 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Quit.

What is quit?

Quitted is correct. But you're even a funny being. You dey correct one supposedly wrong word out of about 300 words.
Re: Not Only AS And AS That Shouldn't Marry. This Blood Group Needs To Watch Out Too by TemplarLandry: 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2023
True. But its use is outdated.
generalpelu:

What is quit?

Quitted is correct. But you're even a funny being. You dey correct one supposedly wrong word out of about 300 words.
Re: Not Only AS And AS That Shouldn't Marry. This Blood Group Needs To Watch Out Too by Akposkiz: 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2023
Yes it's true!

(1) (Reply)

How To Cleanse Your Kidney And Intestines Using Natural Ingredients / The Ultimate Guide To Studio Pilates In South Slope / Herbs, Roots, & Spices In Lagos, Abuja & PH, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.