Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,460 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Help Me Out Please - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Me Out Please (226 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out Please by Fanparker: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hi everyone… I need your advice on this
I’m a fresh graduate from mech engr dept, still waiting for nysc tho. I want to learn practically about my course (automobile, car repair and maintenance) before I go for service in few months. I’m left with 3 options
Option 1: stay in my house (father house) learn work as an apprentice at a place not far to my house. It’s trekable . The place is a road side mechanic place. They work there but not majorly on big cars and brands. (You know typical road side mechanic). Just few mechanic tools, no scanning machines e.t.c like an auto shop
Feeding is sorted since I’ll be eating at my house and cost of transport is excluded since I’ll be trekking.

Option 2: my aunt said she has someone who’s a mechanic and receive a lot of work that I should come to her place. It’s a 2- room and have lives with her family. Family of 5 including teenage daughters. It’s far from my place, I put into consideration (cost of transport if I want to go home each week, my feeding also cuz it’ll solely be on my neck).. Accommodation isn’t convinient also.. I haven’t really confirmed the type of work the man does, maybe respraying or repairs.

Option 3: still staying at my aunt place, I know a man personally ( the CEO of the company) receive a lot of work, repairs on different car brands, has a big covered workshop.. I’ve worked there when I was in my year 2, it’s a good place to learn which I grasp quickly. I squatted with a family friend then but they relocated
It’s just like an auto shop. If I’ll have to choose this, I’ll still have to transport myself to and fro from my aunt place to the workshop (800 daily) and I’m not going to get paid just tips which is rare.

Now I don’t know the one I’ll go for.. I’ve thought of it and haven’t concluded yet
N:B I’ll be the one to cater for my bills myself mostly
( feeding,transport) .. it’s on me
Re: Help Me Out Please by wittywriter: 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
Fanparker:
Hi everyone… I need your advice on this
I’m a fresh graduate from mech engr dept, still waiting for nysc tho. I want to learn practically about my course (automobile, car repair and maintenance) before I go for service in few months. I’m left with 3 options
Option 1: stay in my house (father house) learn work as an apprentice at a place not far to my house. It’s trekable . The place is a road side mechanic place. They work there but not majorly on big cars and brands. (You know typical road side mechanic). Just few mechanic tools, no scanning machines e.t.c like an auto shop
Feeding is sorted since I’ll be eating at my house and cost of transport is excluded since I’ll be trekking.

Option 2: my aunt said she has someone who’s a mechanic and receive a lot of work that I should come to her place. It’s a 2- room and have lives with her family. Family of 5 including teenage daughters. It’s far from my place, I put into consideration (cost of transport if I want to go home each week, my feeding also cuz it’ll solely be on my neck).. Accommodation isn’t convinient also.. I haven’t really confirmed the type of work the man does, maybe respraying or repairs.

Option 3: still staying at my aunt place, I know a man personally ( the CEO of the company) receive a lot of work, repairs on different car brands, has a big covered workshop.. I’ve worked there when I was in my year 2, it’s a good place to learn which I grasp quickly. I squatted with a family friend then but they relocated
It’s just like an auto shop. If I’ll have to choose this, I’ll still have to transport myself to and fro from my aunt place to the workshop (800 daily) and I’m not going to get paid just tips which is rare.

Now I don’t know the one I’ll go for.. I’ve thought of it and haven’t concluded yet
N:B I’ll be the one to cater for my bills myself mostly
( feeding,transport) .. it’s on me

All three options are fine however go for the one you are sure youll be able to network with big and serious future client.

your Network will determine your Networth in future...

Fanparker:

Thank you boss

You can reach me to learn how to monetize via online with Video contents of your daily activities as a mechanical engineer.

Wittyness
Re: Help Me Out Please by Herkim(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
My advise to you is that every thing about life is sacrifice, take it as a win win approach strategy. Go to where you can learn more so that you can be your own boss within a short period of time.

Then for your nysc kindly tell them to post you to where you can continue your skills acquisition.
Re: Help Me Out Please by Fanparker: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
wittywriter:

All three options are fine however go for the one you are sure youll be able to network with big and serious future client.

your Network will determine your Networth in future...

Wittyness

Thank you boss
Re: Help Me Out Please by Fanparker: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
Herkim:
My advise to you is that every thing about life is sacrifice, take it as a win win approach strategy. Go to where you can learn more so that you can be your own boss within a short period of time.

Then for your nysc kindly tell them to post you to where you can continue your skills acquisition.

Thank you boss

(1) (Reply)

16 Obvious Signs That You're A Writer / Anambra PPRO, Tochukwu Ikenga, Gets Promotion, Moves From DSP To SP / Supply Your Agro Foodstuffs To The Potential Foreign Buyers In Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.