Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! (578 Views)

Top Web Development Tools For PHP Developers / Mobile App And PHP Developers Needed / PHP Developers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by Bloomsbury(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2023
While on Twitter few days back, a Twitter engineer posed something that sparked a lot of reaction. Here's what he said.

" All my neighbors drive lambos and they're all PHP developers!

This got some people tweeting series of questions.
But there was a statement that he said that stood out and I think Nairaland people should take note.

He said " it's more profitable to maintain code than to build new softwares with latest Technology"

He then started to talk how majority of websites and apps we're all built with PHP as so many Businesses and founders are willing to pay millions to maintain their softwares/websites to keep their business running.

Someone then tweeted "PHP is dead"
His response was " They have been saying that since 1950 but the PHP developers earn more than you today"🤣

Lastly he ended his tweet by saying "Even Mark Zuck is a PHP developer"

I must say, his tweet opened my eyes to lots of opportunities in Tech for PHP developers!😁 Too bad, me I don't even know a shit in PHP🤣
What was quite interesting was he himself wasn't even a PHP developer 😁.

1 Like

Re: This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by HeartlessMan: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2023
I know PDP, POP and IGP.
Which one be PHP again?

2 Likes

Re: This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by qtguru(m): 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2023
I'll still say PHP is dead, but at the same time edit my PHP website because it's easier to use PHP than the Java I so like. You see what I mean.
Re: This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by eddynaira125: 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2023
PHP na the new political party for Nigeria, we know PDP, APC ELuu P, SDP, which one kon be PHP

Naso una worry us with HTML CSS and Java that year
Re: This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
I also saw the tweet. I am hearing that you can now write php on the frontend. Long live php
Re: This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by NapoleonHill: 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2023
eddynaira125:
PHP na the new political party for Nigeria, we know PDP, APC ELuu P, SDP, which one kon be PHP

Naso una worry us with HTML CSS and Java that year

Baba say Java grin
Re: This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by Emmaneze: 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
Yep
Php devs aren't common
That's doesn't mean it's dead
Re: This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by Paystack: 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
Why would anyone think php is dead nawaoooooooo.

90% of codecanyon and themeforest is php na

Out of 100 you'll see 60 php sites before seeing one powered by another tech
Re: This Is What A Twitter Engineer Have To Say About PHP Developers! by tope6217: 12:20am On Jul 20, 2023
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Website And Mobile App Developer Needed Urgently! / Ibm Os/2 Warp 4 Programme Transfer / Here's Your Chance To Make The Winning Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.