Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,911 members, 7,863,130 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:03 PM

Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread (588 Views)

Horrific Bloodshed And Killings In Oyigbo: Full Story By Premium Times (Photos) / President Buhari Frowns At Violence And Killings In Zamfara State / Punch Newspaper Cartoon About Buhari And Killings In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by HelinuesTuPaCha: 12:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
From the activities of ritualists, cultists, kidnapping, rape, incest and armed robbery among other wierd happenings, the state has found itself on the edge with very disturbing tales. Communities have been under siege owing to the activities of burglars and gangsters. The disturbing situation has put residents in a constant state of fear and anxiety. The worrying situation manifested recently when an abandoned scooter at Pakata area of Ilorin West Local Government left the community in serious panic and fear for several days only for the owner to surface later that he ran out of fuel.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by HelinuesTuPaCha: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
Successive police commissioners posted to the state had decried cultism and kidnapping as a major issue which is antithetical to the state’s religious and moral expectations but the trend has assumed different dimensions.

3 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by HelinuesTuPaCha: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2023
Recently, was the news of the “killer” doctor, Abass Adio Adeyemi, who was paraded by the Kwara State police for allegedly killing six of his victims for organ harvesting put the state in global limelight. Same goes for Olajide Blessing Omowumi, a 300-level student of the University of Ilorin, who was rap**d to death by her assailants in a gruesome manner before they were convicted and handed various sentences ranging from death by hanging and life imprisonment by Justice Ibrahim Yusuf of the Kwara State High Court

3 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:20pm On Jul 16, 2023
Keke, stop me here grin

Go with the change

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by sultanofpigs: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
grin

This is ILORIN Bus stop.

Conductor....I drop here.. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by HelinuesTuPaCha: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
Parents and authorities have expressed concern over the activities of the cult groups, which was observed by hidden investigation where we have been infiltrated primary school pupils, artisans and members of other vacations including many youths. Worst hit areas are Baboko, Emir’s road, Adeta, Agbo-Oba among other places in the metropolis.

1 Like

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by HelinuesTuPaCha: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
successmatters:
Keke, stop me here grin

Go with the change

No forget pop corn o big man

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
HelinuesTuPaCha:
Successive police commissioners posted to the state had decried cultism and kidnapping as a major issue which is antithetical to the state’s religious and moral expectations but the trend has assumed different dimensions.

Haba

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
Is Offa in Kwara state?

1 Like

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
Okokobioko grin

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
HelinuesTuPaCha:
Parents and authorities have expressed concern over the activities of the cult groups, which was observed by hidden investigation where we have been infiltrated primary school pupils, artisans and members of other vacations including many youths. Worst hit areas are Baboko, Emir’s road, Adeta, Agbo-Oba among other places in the metropolis.

Osanobua

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
sultanofpigs:
grin

This is ILORIN Bus stop.

Conductor....I drop here.. grin

I just found a good chair in a good spot, this will be interesting.

1 Like

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
On April 2, 2023, many people were injured with no fewer than 25 vehicles destroyed when youths from Odo Popo and Itamerin communities clashed over one Aisha, a JSS 2 student who the two leaders claimed to be their lover. The DPO of G Division, Oloje, Dare, who confirmed the incident, said he was not in a position to give further details.

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
successmatters:
Okokobioko grin

Paahahahahaha I swear if you make me laugh I go swear for you

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
SaiBABAhelinues:
On April 2, 2023, many people were injured with no fewer than 25 vehicles destroyed when youths from Odo Popo and Itamerin communities clashed over one Aisha, a JSS 2 student who the two leaders claimed to be their lover. The DPO of G Division, Oloje, Dare, who confirmed the incident, said he was not in a position to give further details.

Chaiii!

1 Like

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
In January 2023, a self-acclaimed Islamic cleric, Muhammed Murtala, was remanded by Magistrate Gbadeyan Kamson after allegedly absconding with N30 million jewelry of one Muslimat Ayoku Fagbemi despite ‘fraudulently’ collecting N300,000 to cure her of a leg disease.

3 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
SaiBABAhelinues:

I praise my SW brothers, they can endure torture so much. grin

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by waynetee(m): 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
undecided
Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
Deaths from kidnapping

From the southern end of the state, the narrative of kidnapping for ransom climaxed with the recent death of the brother to Ambassador Olutola Onijala, an ex-aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, whose corpse was already decomposing in the forest before it was located by local hunters in Isin Local Government Area.

The victim, Adegboyega Onijala, a fish farmer, was kidnapped on his way back from Olla community last year and later killed after collecting ransom from his family. The kidnapping of the APC women leader in Koro ward of Ekiti Local Government Area shortly after was equally deadly. The victim, Mrs Oluomo Sunday Abolaji, was killed in Ejiu, Obbo Ile and Osi forest during crossfire with the kidnappers in a rescue operation by the police to release seven other abductees.

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SwissMass: 12:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
SaiBABAhelinues:

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu Jagaban the Eze-Chukwu of Igbo land really dealt with Peter girigory Obi and his people , they couldn't stop weeping and wailing

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
successmatters:

I praise my SW brothers, they can endure torture so much. grin

Omo this thread go catch fire

1 Like

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
SwissMass:
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu Jagaban the Eze-Chukwu of Igbo land really dealt with Peter girigory Obi and his people , they couldn't stop weeping and wailing

Thiis pictur is from Ilorin

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
SwissMass:

One illorin Emir subject spotted

4 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
SaiBABAhelinues:
Deaths from kidnapping

From the southern end of the state, the narrative of kidnapping for ransom climaxed with the recent death of the brother to Ambassador Olutola Onijala, an ex-aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, whose corpse was already decomposing in the forest before it was located by local hunters in Isin Local Government Area.

The victim, Adegboyega Onijala, a fish farmer, was kidnapped on his way back from Olla community last year and later killed after collecting ransom from his family. The kidnapping of the APC women leader in Koro ward of Ekiti Local Government Area shortly after was equally deadly. The victim, Mrs Oluomo Sunday Abolaji, was killed in Ejiu, Obbo Ile and Osi forest during crossfire with the kidnappers in a rescue operation by the police to release seven other abductees.

Body already decomposing?

Serious.

1 Like

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
SaiBABAhelinues:

One illorin Emir subject spotted

Yes, na them grin

1 Like

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
Cultists, ritualists on the prowl

From the celebrated case of Blessing Omowunmi Olajide, the University of Ilorin undergraduate who was raped to death, residents woke up to discover a severed head of a student of Kwara State Polytechnic placed under the popular post office flyover in late 2021. A week after the severed head was discovered, another suspect was hacked down along Offa Garage Road, Ilorin, believed to be a reprisal attack by members of rival cult groups. Up till now, security agencies or the families of the deceased are yet to find out what happened to the body.

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by illicit(m): 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
successmatters:
Is Offa in Kwara state?

Yes
Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by successmatters(m): 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
waynetee:
I laugh when people call Kwara/ilorin a muslim state because it is practically a babalawo state, they are even into traditional religion more than other states.
Intelligent ones are silent because they know they will eventually shoot themselves in the foot soon .

Tell that to Wole Soyinka, he was slapped silly by the Emir, and he has permanently remained silent. You don't reply directly to your Lord.

1 Like

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
successmatters:

Yes, na them grin

These people dey provoke me to call Emir

Another ban will b added to isele

2 Likes

Re: Crime And Killings In KWARA State A Thread by SaiBABAhelinues: 12:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
As if that was not troubling enough, the floating corpse of another victim was found by residents of Asa River along Taiwo Isale area, Ilorin, with his head covered with a black nylon. The mystery behind the death is yet to be ascertained and no clue whatsoever on the circumstance that led to the terrifying incident.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Will Win At The Tribunal On Social Media But Will Lose In Real Life. / People Who Opposed Subsidy Removal / Comr. Tomiwa Warns The Acting Governor Of Ondo State Not To Play Pranks On Odigb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.