Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Please,give The Atheists Their Section - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please,give The Atheists Their Section (1900 Views)

The Atheists Test / The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / To All The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please,give The Atheists Their Section by philip0906(m): 6:56am On Oct 07, 2011
Its high time a section should be carved out for these atheists where they would be free to share their knowledge amongst themselves.This is the religious section and I wonder y we should be fighting for space with them  grin grin.The religious section clearly reads [size=18pt]Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here.[/size] but these guys just swarm in here ignoring the bolded trying to prove what not.I do admit that this is a public forum,but this section should have these atheists as occasional visitors and not permanent residents.Go to the islamic section and c how relatively peaceful it is,with warning sef that it is only for muslims to share their faith  angry.I have once posted there only for my comments to be deleted by that mukina  angryI wonder y the other side should be d reverse.I do know d mod is a muslim and seun an atheist but I would be glad if my request is granted.
Signed,
Philip 0906
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by VALIDATOR: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2011
I don't think the atheists will have much to discuss with one another as most of their yannings are directed towards theists.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by thehomer: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2011
philip0906:

Its high time a section should be carved out for these atheists where they would be free to share their knowledge amongst themselves.This is the religious section and I wonder y we should be fighting for space with them  grin grin.The religious section clearly reads [size=18pt]Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here.[/size] but these guys just swarm in here ignoring the bolded trying to prove what not.I do admit that this is a public forum,but this section should have these atheists as occasional visitors and not permanent residents.Go to the islamic section and c how relatively peaceful it is,with warning sef that it is only for muslims to share their faith  angry.I have once posted there only for my comments to be deleted by that mukina  angryI wonder y the other side should be d reverse.I do know d mod is a muslim and seun an atheist but I would be glad if my request is granted.
Signed,
Philip 0906

No need for that otherwise, we'll also need sections for afaeryists, ashangoists, azeusists, ashivaists etc. Where will it end?
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 07, 2011
Hi philip. I used to think in the same way but i just realized it doesn't worth it.

Giving the atheist a[b] separate board would isolate them completely with nothing to discuss[/b]. Go check out the Islam for Muslims board, its always dry hence i chose to give that section life by my intermittent visit

Let them be cos they contribute to the religious debate here as believers in No god/God themselves.

In line with what u quoted

Share your faith and belief in God or higher powers here
Some are sharing their faith in evolution and belief in no god/God
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by manmustwac(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2011
We've had the same discussion in the past. And for reasons which I do not know the site administrator has not agreed to that yet. The only reason why the muslims got thier own childboard was because one of them threatened the site administrators life (via email) and they still come here to comment on the Christian childboard. Besides we do come here to discuss about religion even though Otto is our lack of belief in religion.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by God2man(m): 9:12am On Oct 07, 2011
Although,i do not believe that there are atheists on nairaland, the truth is that there should be a clear distinction between those who believe in God and those who do not believe(if at all there is any). If not, our society will be worst, this is because people will take decisions that look so reasonable but it is against the will of God,which at the long run,it will boomerang later or backfire. In real life you do not go to church and visit an atheists again. It does not make sense. Moderators should reconsider this request and appeal to the administrator. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by God2man(m): 9:13am On Oct 07, 2011
Although,i do not believe that there are atheists on nairaland, the truth is that there should be a clear distinction between those who believe in God and those who do not believe(if at all there is any). If not, our society will be worst, this is because people will take decisions that look so reasonable but it is against the will of God,which at the long run,it will boomerang later or backfire. In real life you do not go to church and visit an atheists again. It does not make sense. Moderators should reconsider this request and appeal to the administrator. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by God2man(m): 9:14am On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2011
manmustwac:

We've had the same discussion in the past. And for reasons which I do not know the site administrator has not agreed to that yet. The only reason why the muslims got thier own childboard was because one of them threatened the site administrators life (via email) and they still come here to comment on the Christian childboard.
Seun cant allow any more Religion child board cos of Traffic this section generates for his forum. Its a business move

Besides we do come here to discuss about religion even though Otto is our lack of belief in religion.

The only truth MMW have spoken so far cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by God2man(m): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by philip0906(m): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2011
VALIDATOR:

I don't think the atheists will have much to discuss with one another as most of their yannings are directed towards theists.

ur right but how many of them would readily admit that without theists,they do not exist?Yet they would be moving around claiming they r knowledgeable. . .Its this knowledge I actually want them to go and share amongst themselves
toba:

Hi philip. I used to think in the same way but i just realized it doesn't worth it.

Giving the atheist a[b] separate board would isolate them completely with nothing to discuss[/b]. Go check out the Islam for Muslims board, its always dry hence i chose to give that section life by my intermittent visit

Let them be cos they contribute to the religious debate here as believers in No god/God themselves.

In line with what u quoted
Some are sharing their faith in evolution and belief in no god/God
grin grin grin
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by mazaje(m): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2011
Even without atheist here, the christians will NEVER agree on anything. . . .Back in the days it was the catholics vs the non catholics. . .YEC vs the Non YEC, prosperity gospel advocates and those that reason against it. . . . Thithers vs non thithers etc. . . .There has never been a time when christians agree on ANYTHING here. . . .Without the atheist here it will be the christians vs muslims with each side claiming that their imaginary God is better than the other. . . .
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by mazaje(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2011
God2man:

How has religion or the belief in any God made your society(Nigeria) better?. . . .
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by jayriginal: 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
There is actually no need for an Atheist section.
What would be better is a "Religious Debate" section.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by VALIDATOR: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2011
manmustwac:

We've had the same discussion in the past. And for reasons which I do not know the site administrator has not agreed to that yet. The only reason why the muslims got thier own childboard was because one of them threatened the site administrators life (via email) and they still come here to comment on the Christian childboard. Besides we do come here to discuss about religion even though Otto is our lack of belief in religion.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Is that trueeeeeeeeeeeeee?Please can you explain moooooore?
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2011
jayriginal:

would u participate in discussion on threads opened in the section should ur quest be granted?
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by philip0906(m): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
mazaje:

Even without atheist here, the christians will NEVER agree on anything. . . .Back in the days it was the catholics vs the non catholics. . .YEC vs the Non YEC, prosperity gospel advocates and those that reason against it. . . . Thithers vs non thithers etc. . . .There has never been a time when christians agree on ANYTHING here. . . .Without the atheist here it will be the christians vs muslims with each side claiming that their imaginary God is better than the other. . . .
What has this load of crap u typed here got to do with anything?Atleast these peeps believe in something undecided
mazaje:

How has religion or the belief in any God made your society(Nigeria) better?. . . .
what has our bad society got to do with religion?Sudan,somalia are predominantly islamic countries,but are in the lower rungs of the economic and political stability ladder.Qatar,UAE,saudi arabia practice d same islam,yet are economically bouyant.Brazil is becoming a world economic powerhouse and it has a 75 percent catholic population(the most catholic nation in the world and one of the most religious).India is also a highly religious country and d last time I checked,where just behind China in the world fastest growing economy.So what are u chattering about dude?
@mods
C d more reason y my plea being granted would be highly appreciated?
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by mazaje(m): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
philip0906:

What has this load of crap u typed here got to do with anything?Atleast these peeps believe in something undecided

Atheist also believe in many things. . .Man made Gods happen to be something they do not believe in. . . .So try again. . .

what has our bad society got to do with religion?Sudan,somalia are predominantly islamic countries,but are in the lower rungs of the economic and political stability ladder.Qatar,UAE,saudi arabia practice d same islam,yet are economically stable.Brazil is becoming a world economic powerhouse and it has a 75 percent catholic population(the most catholic nation in the world and one of the most religious).India is also a highly religious country and d last time I checked,where just behind China in the world fastest growing economy.So what are u chattering about dude?
@mods
C d more reason y my plea being granted would be highly appreciated?

The guy implied that lack of belief in God is what is making our society bad that was why I asked him that question, learn to read. . . .Is Brazil becoming a power house because its catholic or because the people are utilizing all of the country's resources?. . . .Same with India. . . .Are the countries becoming power houses because they are religious or because they are properly utilizing all of their resources?. . . .
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by jayriginal: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
toba:

would u participate in discussion on threads opened in the section should your quest be granted?
Im not requesting, Im suggesting that rather than an atheist section being opened, one for religious debates be opened in its stead.
As to the other question, as long as I am online, have the time and the thread is sufficiently interesting (or later becomes interesting enough) to warrant my participation, I will.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by EvilBrain1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2011
What nairaland needs is a science section where rational-minded people can go and discuss freely without the "Allahu akbar" and "Jebus is lord" people interrupting with their inane rantings. There are sections on food and something called "forum games" so I don't see why we can't have one on science.

Everytime anybody mentions anything to do with biology, astronomy or geology on Nairaland, they geta dozen or so repies from crackpots claiming that there's no evolution, and that human beings came from mud and magic, or that the earth is 6000 years old.

It would be lovely if we could restrict the re.tards to the religion section and let sensible people post in science.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by Amujale(m): 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2011
jayriginal:

I couldnt agree with you anymore
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by Amujale(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
philip0906:

Signed,
Philip 0906

What is it that you are scared of? Apart from the fact that you are a round peg in a square hole; could it be that atheists are getting the better of you lately?
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by UyiIredia(m): 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
thehomer:

No need for that otherwise, we'll also need sections for afaeryists, ashancile.goists, azeusists, ashivaists etc. Where will it end?

Foul Play. This argument is facile. All your mentions amount to atheists.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by philip0906(m): 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2011
mazaje:

Atheist also believe in many things. . .Man made Gods happen to be something they do not believe in. . . .So try again. . .

The guy implied that lack of belief in God is what is making our society bad that was why I asked him that question, learn to read. . . .Is Brazil becoming a power house because its catholic or because the people are utilizing all of the country's resources?. . . .Same with India. . . .Are the countries becoming power houses because they are religious or because they are properly utilizing all of their resources?. . . .

kk just saw d post sorri about dat.I have come across posts and comments where deranged atheists make the claim that there is a relationship btwn a country's backwardness and religion and so I thought u were towing that line. . .but i still maintain dat your first post is a load of crap.belive in wat?next would be to hop on anoda thread claiming that atheists do not believe in anything?What happens to the claim made on different forums i have been to that atheists do not believe in anything?

Amujale:

What is it that you are scared of? Apart from the fact that you are a round peg in a square hole; could it be that atheists are getting the better of you lately?

who is this senile mullar?have u met me b4?pls waka pass if u no get reasonable comment
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2011
Evil Brain:

[b]What nairaland needs is a science section where rational-minded people can go and discuss freely [/b]without the "Allahu akbar" and "Jebus is lord" people interrupting with their inane rantings. There are sections on food and something called "forum games" so I don't see why we can't have one on science.

Everytime anybody mentions anything to do with biology, astronomy or geology on Nairaland, they geta dozen or so repies from crackpots claiming that there's no evolution, and that human beings came from mud and magic, or that the earth is 6000 years old.

It would be lovely if we could restrict the re.tards to the religion section and let sensible people post in science.

and this section would be peopled by you who dont know the first thing about science right?
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by DeepSight(m): 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2011
I have long advocated a Philosophy childboard.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by Amujale(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2011
philip0906:

who is this senile mullar?have u met me b4?pls waka pass if u no get reasonable comment

Hey! my question wasnt meant as an attack on you but the truth, i'm no atheists yet they dont have me wishing they never existed neither.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by philip0906(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
Amujale:

Hey! my question wasnt meant as an attack on you but the truth, i'm no atheists yet they dont have me wishing they never existed neither.
ok thank u. . .keep going
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by thehomer: 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

No, lots of Christians feel the same way.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by EvilBrain1(m): 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

What thehomer is trying to point out is that Christians and Muslims don't believe in Sango, Zeus or faeries therefore they are asangoists, azeusists and a faeriists. Someone who doesn't believe in Sango but believes in Yahweh is not an atheist.

Come to think of it, my beliefs (I'm an atheist) are not that different from those of Christians and Muslims. The only difference is that I believe in 1 less god than they do. I'm dismissing their god(s) the exact same way they dismiss those of others.

Something to think about.
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 08, 2011
Deep Sight:

I have long advocated a Philosophy childboard.

But philosophy is for the intelligent

Don't tell me you want to send atheists there as well !!!
Re: Please,give The Atheists Their Section by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2011
[size=32pt]GIVE THE PAGANS A SECTION!!!!!!!!!!![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Weep For This Generation! / A Man In Hell For 250 Years - 3rd Encounter Of Bro. Emmanuel Senayon(part 1) / BLASPHEMY: South African Man Claims To Be Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.