Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other (229 Views)

My Husband Has 2 Children With His Spiritual Mother's Daughter / Gloria Akuffo: I Had My Children With People's Husbands / Come Share Your Biggest Problem, Challenge Or Source Of Depression! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other by Zimzy(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
I have observed over the years that parents tend to have closer bond with their children with health challenge or disabilities than those who normal. Why is it so?
Re: Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2023
Zimzy:
I have observed over the years that parents tend to have closer bond with their children with health challenge or disabilities than those who normal. Why is it so?

They believe they "disables" deserve more love and attention
Re: Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other by nairalanda1(m): 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2023
Zimzy:

Well a child with health challenges is a child the parents will spend more time with...and when you spend a lot of time with someone, closer bonds would develop.

It is the same reason why we feel close to classmates, coworkers, even spouses.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other by izonborn098(m): 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
Re: Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other by OKUCHI11(m): 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
They don't want the challenged child to feel that if nature caused something... They (humans) especially family members are going to add to their woes...
Re: Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other by Depriest2020: 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
Cause they need special care.
Re: Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other by talented321: 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2023
There is this trauma that comes with when u have a son/daughter who is disabled or handicap, they always come to ur mind where ever u go and u don't want them to overthink it because they themselves are in trauma and parents always want them to be happy don't want them to feel cheated because they are physically challenged. I can relate when my consin lost his leg to cancer, the girl always c6me to my mind because she was walking well before that bad incident.
It is very bad and challenging to have an health challenged person in ur immediate family. Let becareful with whatever we are doing out there.
Re: Why Are Parents More Attached To Children With One Health Challenge Or The Other by Foodqueen(f): 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
Because the normal child will mingle and will get love from every angle of life... From friends, to class mates, colleagues, partner etc.

But that child with special need can only be loved by the parent especially the mom.

I learnt this after seeing a scene from desperate housewives some few years ago.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Marriages Fail Today / Who Gets Jealous The Most Between A Man And The Woman In A Relationship/marriage / It Is A Crime To Bring A Child Into This World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.